Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't get this latest round of Levy winge being brought about by the trf window dates.... Every window has a deadline day regardless and it was universally agreed that shutting the window before the rest of Europe a couple of years ago was a dumb move.

I didn't mind the window closing ahead of the new season even if European windows were still open. It makes perfect sense to have your squad in place before you kick off a new season. In time Europe would have followed our initiative.

Thiago is in the peak of his career and would make us competitive for some trophies right away. He is a CDM (a 6) for Bayern but plays as a deep lying playmaker, which would enable us to add someone that is solid defensively and can generate goal scoring opportunities for us. His technical skills are elite. We can have GLC at his side and have Dele as a CAM + Son at LW + Lucas / Steve at RW and Kane at ST. Thiago plus GLC would enable us to do a better job of maintaining possession and creating opportunists. We would then do well to sign a very good attacking LB with good defensive qualities.

One thing with Bayern is that their scouting team is elite. Take a look at how much they spent for each of their players in the starting 11. They make good buys and are incredibly good at identifying and buying under-utilized and / or under-the-radar talent. Sane is the exception, not the rule.

If they’re truly willing to swap Thiago for Ndombele, it means they have a well thought-out plan for developing Tanguy and turning him into an elite player. They’re not going to take a flyer on him. Bayern is the one club where if they want our player I feel the need to ask myself what we are missing that they’ve picked up on.

Even their “bad” deals turn out to be decent. For example, so many in the English media have said that James Rodríguez underwhelmed at Bayern and Bayern didn’t want him. Not true. The player wanted to return to Madrid because he didn’t like living in Germany. But if you look at his stats while at Bayern, he was very good. In his two years at Bayern, he had 15 goals and 20 assists in 4,297 minutes, or a goal contribution every 123 minutes. Very good “underwhelming” numbers!

Having said all of that, unless we are certain to keep Tanguy longer than José, if we want to win trophies now I would swap Tanguy for Thiago if the option is there.
Good Post.

The other thing I would mention is that the coaching at Bayern is also very good. For all the players they buy, they do develop young kids and coach them into much better players. Alphonso Davies is a great example.

Breaking News: Kim Min Jae deal at the final phase.
I can't tell you the source from the key contact. as requested to keep all the details confidential.
Trust me 90% done.
This isn't Spurscommunity though

We only trust wacky sources if it comes in a Tweet

9LjKUgh.jpg

I didn't mind the window closing ahead of the new season even if European windows were still open. It makes perfect sense to have your squad in place before you kick off a new season. In time Europe would have followed our initiative.

It couldn't ever have been a successful widespread policy with different leagues starting on different dates.... You'd just end up with one mass clusterfuck of proxy-deadlines depending on what league a player's parent club is in

Last edited:
Napoli is looking for another attacking player. And they’ve made Koulibaly available. Maybe a Son for Koulibaly swap?

Lloris
Castagne - Toby - Koulibaly - Sess
Bergwijn - Lo Celso - Hojbjerg - Willian
Osimhen - Kane
Hell no!

For 2 reasons :

Don't give away Son

Don't sign Koulibaly. IMO overrated, quite old if I remember correctly.

Hojbjerg wants to join Spurs as Mourinho adds a right-back to wishlist

Southampton midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg wants to join Tottenham this summer and Spurs could use Kyle Walker-Peters in a deal for the Dane.

Hojbjerg, 24, was stripped of the captaincy at St. Mary's after failing to agree an extension to his contract, which runs for another year, and he has told Saints he would like to join a bigger club.

Spurs are leading the chase for the former Bayern Munich player, who is also a target for Ajax, and are confident of forcing down Southampton's current £35million asking price , in part by using Walker-Peters as a makeweight.

Jose Mourinho wants to sign a holding midfielder after agreeing to play Eric Dier in defence and sees Hojbjerg as a realistic upgrade to his squad.

Walker-Peters has been a regular for Ralph Hasenhuttl's side since the restart, coming on at half-time against Woolwich and starting the next four matches, which have included a win over Manchester City and Monday night's 2-2 draw at Old Trafford.

Im glad, Dan Kirkpatrick is basically a mouth piece for the club, and Mourinho wants Hojbjerg and Hojbjerg wants Spurs, let's hope we can get this done fast

6 foot 1, tactically smart workhorse

Back
Top Bottom