Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The information you’ve used is incomplete at best

I use all the information available to me - and by that I include all the information I find after a lot of research so its as informed as possible.

Even Spurs doing their forecasts will need to make assumptions (eg uptake on season tickets) and use incomplete information - but they will start with a lot more than me, Swiss Ramble or anyone else.

But its better than people with no information making assumptions (colloquially called talking through their arses).......not that anyone round here does that ! :wall::wall::D

Lets leave it there - nothing to be gained by further discussion

We are not close to "stacked" in CB.

Toby is our best and is 31 and shown signs of slowing down. I think he is still fine as a starter, but for how long is the question.

Sanchez is ok as the 2nd CB but needs help from his partner, especially when it comes to moving the ball.

Dier is poor. I know he is a fan and Jose favorite but he should not be starting for us at all. Even worse he is a terrible partner for Sanchez as neither is good with the ball at their feet, both prone to rash challenges and neither has enough football IQ to effectively run the defense or be in the correct positions.

Tanganga is a nice young player but still has a lot to show and is likely going to have to be used at RB at least some.

CB is not a need like other areas but with Toby's age and Sanchez/Dier's mediocre play getting a 25 year old who would be the best CB we have and a potential rock for the next 5 years would be awesome for this club.

If we don't add a CB like him this year we will need to by next year Sanchez/Dier is a terrible option as our main CB duo, Toby is getting too old to rely on and it is way to early to rely on Tanganga.
3 senior CBs & 2 young prospects. We are stacked

When one of those senior CB's is over 30 and the other two are ok and bad then we are not stacked.

We have warm bodies but I think/hope our standards are higher than just having bodies who can play CB versus having actual talent at the position.

When one of those senior CB's is over 30 and the other two are ok and bad then we are not stacked.

We have warm bodies but I think/hope our standards are higher than just having bodies who can play CB versus having actual talent at the position.
Doesn’t matter what your feelings are on certain players.

We currently have 5 players so unless we lose 2 of them then we are stacked.

Doesn’t matter what your feelings are on certain players.

We currently have 5 players so unless we lose 2 of them then we are stacked.

I don't think you know what stacked means.

And if you are counting Foyth as one of them then we are definitely losing one of them anyways.

I don't think you know what stacked means.

And if you are counting Foyth as one of them then we are definitely losing one of them anyways.
That’s one you would still need another to go to get a senior CB in.

considering we've just given contracts to Toby & Dier and have another £40m CB waiting then regardless of your opinions on them we aren’t going to go out and waste more money on that position

We are stacked with shite mate. If you were single and 5 absolute mingers openly wanting to shag you every night, but a fitty decided to join the party, would you say you are stacked with other women? The same equivalent. Spurs centre backs are the mingers. Škriniar is the fitty. You don’t turn down top quality.

We are stacked with shite mate. If you were single and 5 absolute mingers openly wanting to shag you every night, but a fitty decided to join the party, would you say you are stacked with other women? The same equivalent. Spurs centre backs are the mingers. Škriniar is the fitty. You don’t turn down top quality.
That’s your and tbh my opinion but it’s not the clubs considering we’ve given out huge contracts to them.

btw you’re well overrating Skriniar imo

That’s one you would still need another to go to get a senior CB in.

considering we've just given contracts to Toby & Dier and have another £40m CB waiting then regardless of your opinions on them we aren’t going to go out and waste more money on that position

Saying what the team will do and that we are stacked are two totally different things.

I agree the team has shown that they are way too in love with Dier and not interested in building a world class team so I doubt they upgrade the CB position but that doesn't mean it doesn't need upgrading because it clear does. It just isn't as big a need as other areas we have in our squad.

Poor anology.

Particular if you want me onboard - I think Karren Brady is pretty hot.

Hojbjerg has liked so many tweets linking him to us, we were linked on Jan deadline day, it's refreshing for a guy to want to play for us that bad, could imagine a team that doesn't look great on paper but is super solid and the front 4 have goals in them

Lloris
Celik-Toby-Dier-Davies
Hojbjerg-Celso
Lucas-Dele-Son
Kane

Ugh that is such a depressing line-up but likely to be as good or even better than what we end up with.

Hope Lloris doesn't have a drop in form because he would have to be our player of the season for us to have a chance at top 6 with that group.

Hojbjerg has liked so many tweets linking him to us, we were linked on Jan deadline day, it's refreshing for a guy to want to play for us that bad, could imagine a team that doesn't look great on paper but is super solid and the front 4 have goals in them

Lloris
Celik-Toby-Dier-Davies
Hojbjerg-Celso
Lucas-Dele-Son
Kane

Lloris

Castagne. Škriniar. Toby. Davies

Hojberg. Lo celso

Son. Dele. Bailey

Kane

Now we’re talking

I hope Lamela stays and is given a run to prove himself. Lucas and Berg had there chances and never really shone but is would seem Lamela might be out. I also can't believe we are not going for Alfredo Morelos. Temperament s bit suspect but knows where the net is
Prove himself ? He's been here 7 years mate

Back
Top Bottom