Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

we might be stacked in, but our defence and centre backs are not good enough. Vertonghen is going so we need a replacement. No way in a million years should Spurs be starting a new season with that same set of centre backs. Disaster waiting to happen if are relying on Sanchez and Dier. Get this Škriniar in and we can have him with Toby. Dier and Sanchez rotating if need be. Centre back is a must.
Meh he’s really not as good as being made out.

If we get rid of Ndombele get cash and spend it on a creative player we are crying out for.

I think its a bit of both.

Bale hasn't exactly been on best behaviour, but there's no denying Madrid have also been shafting him.

Personally I'd like to see him show a bit of appetite for the game, take a pay cut and come back to the prem for a few seasons.

He can't be arsed he made it years ago and he's enjoying life with nothing to prove, will probably rinse a pub league like America or China for half a million Sovs a week for the next contract whilst playing at 50% effort, he couldn't give a fuck about football anymore.

He has had 7 years

Never had a run though as he was always behind the favourites Dele,Son , Erikson and Kane.I can remember at least two seasons in which Erik had a superb start or a run off game's in which he scored nearly every game for 4 or 5 games but Poch still dropped him as Erikson was back or one of the others.He scored a hatrick against monaco but was dropped next game. He has had bad luck with injuries.But if you look at minutes per goal or assist he is not much off others and better than others and most of them are as sub and not after being given 4 or 5 games in a row .I really prefer Lamela to Dele , Berg and Lucas and is a better team player than Son who is all about scoring. But I do think he should go not for the good of the club but for him . He needs to be the superstar he was at Roma and not a injury prone bit part player.

Informed analysis of the last set of Tottenham Hotspur accounts and understanding the multifunctional abilities of the new stadium - as an example I know it has the 3rd largest exhibition and conference centre in London and hence can make educated assumptions of its revenues. From your posts I doubt you know that kind of detail
You’ve made assumption - hence my point

But they failed miserably to impose a ban, meanwhile they continue to be ambitious and act quickly to retain and improve their position.
I just don't see why opposition fan's get shitty when s club tries to do it's best to win everything, I guess on the flip side there will not be many of city fans who would swap places with us.
& as a club we have come out & stated spending big doesn't equal success & this obsession needs to stop. So city & other's can spend what they like & we can't complain if we feel this doesn't help them succeed. Unless we as a forum, are going to go on record twice in 24 hrs to say "levy has lied to us again".
If you can't trust a stand up & straight shooting guy like levy, then who can you trust :levystare:

He can't be arsed he made it years ago and he's enjoying life with nothing to prove, will probably rinse a pub league like America or China for half a million Sovs a week for the next contract whilst playing at 50% effort, he couldn't give a fuck about football anymore.

I'm inclined to agree tbh, which is a shame. That doesn't mean that Madrid haven't been cunty to him though. Neither club nor player comes off looking good here.

Bet he'll end up in China for ridiculous money, as you say.

ANY forecast is based upon assumptions, by definition

The trick is to get as much information together to make assumptions to get a credible forecast.

Your posts suggest you havent done the reasearch necessary to do that
The information you’ve used is incomplete at best

I wonder if you guys know that is not 11 superstars on a team that makes it a team you need your role players in your first eleven that does a job well thats PEH he plays DM quite well like scott parker even, you dont need him to be scoring 11 goals and 5 assists a season you just need him to set the platform so the locelso and tanguy of this world can do their thing PEH is a great signing no fuss no frills just effective and premier league proven..
We only have 1 superstar. Dont need to be worrying about having too many just yet!
Loved Parker for us. Shame we didnt get him a bit earlier. But you are right about if PEH is no frills but effective than that's all we need. I wouldn't actually mind a RB like that if we can't get a good 1 who can attack well.

Totally agree, the issue is that we don't have 10 superstars plus him, we don't have 5 superstars plus him. We already have enough of the "do your role" players. We need more players that can elevate those around them, help create offensive chances, bring some elite aspect to the pitch would be nice as well.

Also, if all we are getting is an effective player that can allow Lo Celso and Tanguy (although who knows what he brings) to do there thing why not get someone who is more effective or better suited to that role than PEH.
My issue isn't so much signing effective but no frills players. It's the fact we aren't signing those really good players who will move us forward. If we just sign 3 job fillers then we ain't getting top 4 again next season. PEH is ok if we also buy a couple of really good players as well.

I guess I'll put this here: Jonathan David, who a few of us were interested in 3-400 pages ago is apparently on the move to Lille from Gent for $30m. That's too bad because he's a good young player.

He's a 20 year old Canadian International and he's had some good games when I've seen him. I really haven't watched him at Gent, but his numbers were decent there as well (40 appearances, 23 goals between their league and Europa).

I guess I'll put this here: Jonathan David, who a few of us were interested in 3-400 pages ago is apparently on the move to Lille from Gent for $30m. That's too bad because he's a good young player.

He's a 20 year old Canadian International and he's had some good games when I've seen him. I really haven't watched him at Gent, but his numbers were decent there as well (40 appearances, 23 goals between their league and Europa).

Don't Lille have a tie up to Gent ?

Never heard of him.

Don't Lille have a tie up to Gent ?
Not really, Lille is in the north of France, Gent is "close" (you only need the E17 highway to drive straight from Lille to Gent). But Lille in general are heavily involved with Belgian clubs, they loan out a multitude of their players to the Jupiler Pro League.

Meh he’s a decent CB but certainly not as good as I’ve seen some say in a position we are already stacked in.

Would also mean we’d need another midfielder to shell out on too as I don’t want to go into a season with

Højbjerg, Winks, GLC, Sissoko & Gedson as that’s poor.

We are not close to "stacked" in CB.

Toby is our best and is 31 and shown signs of slowing down. I think he is still fine as a starter, but for how long is the question.

Sanchez is ok as the 2nd CB but needs help from his partner, especially when it comes to moving the ball.

Dier is poor. I know he is a fan and Jose favorite but he should not be starting for us at all. Even worse he is a terrible partner for Sanchez as neither is good with the ball at their feet, both prone to rash challenges and neither has enough football IQ to effectively run the defense or be in the correct positions.

Tanganga is a nice young player but still has a lot to show and is likely going to have to be used at RB at least some.

CB is not a need like other areas but with Toby's age and Sanchez/Dier's mediocre play getting a 25 year old who would be the best CB we have and a potential rock for the next 5 years would be awesome for this club.

If we don't add a CB like him this year we will need to by next year Sanchez/Dier is a terrible option as our main CB duo, Toby is getting too old to rely on and it is way to early to rely on Tanganga.

The talet is there but

Not really, Lille is in the north of France, Gent is "close" (you only need the E17 highway to drive straight from Lille to Gent). But Lille in general are heavily involved with Belgian clubs, they loan out a multitude of their players to the Jupiler Pro League.

I thought Lille had a strategic tie up with a Belgian club.

Edit:

It was Royal Excel Mouscron

Back
Top Bottom