Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

PEH is not necessarily a bad signing, he is a decent enough squad player for 20 or so million from another PL team.

However, if we are relying on him as our new starter alongside GLC, Sissoko, Winks and Ndombele... we are seriously in trouble. Especially with how awful our defenders are on the ball.
Our defenders don’t need to be great on the ball to put long balls into Kane’s head or into the channels which is all they’re gonna be asked to do next seaason in Mourinho’s world.

They are a sign of player contribution to their team not that they would be a success at their new club. Kane would cost £200+ because for us he is a £200+ player. It doesn’t mean he would be that at Madrid.

Coutinho joined Barcelona, he cost them £140 million but wasn’t Liverpool’s best player. Right oh.
Agreed. I saw Coutinho against us and he pulled our midfield and defence apart when he was at Liverpool. Reports now saying the scum are favourites to land him. This will be another deal that gets away from us. He will be a class act back in the PL, while we will carry on scraping over some mediocre shite! But hey we are Spurs when will we ever learn, especially while the cunt Levy and ENIC run the club!

Agreed. I saw Coutinho against us and he pulled our midfield and defence apart when he was at Liverpool. Reports now saying the scum are favourites to land him. This will be another deal that gets away from us. He will be a class act back in the PL, while we will carry on scraping over some mediocre shite! But hey we are Spurs when will we ever learn, especially while the cunt Levy and ENIC run the club!
I’m willing to bet Coutinho will be Ozil mark 2.0.

He might have the occasional 10/10 game, but it’s no coincidence he’s a Barca AND Bayern reject.

I won't try to convince you of anything else. But is it a fair guess of me to say that you haven't enjoyed being a Spurs fan in a long time?

My reasoning would be that you wouldn't support anyone who isn't up to par. There is no reason to sugar coat things or have some BS notion of a "minimum of respect." These guys are big boys making big bucks. This would likely mean you also get annoyed with seeing (the majority of) Lloris, Sanchez, Dier, Aurier, Davies, Rose, Sissoko, Ndombele, Winks, Lamela, Lucas, Dele. They all cost us points

I don't mean this as an attack or an insult, but I can't understand why you would want to invest so much of your time in a team full of stupid useless complete garbage absolutely terrible players? This isn't kiddie football where everyone gets a medal and an orange slice, its fucking professional football.

No I would say that isn't true at all.

I think this season has obviously been the worst in awhile but there was still plenty of positives. From the excitement still lingering from going to the CL final, excitement of bringing in what was supposed to be some great signings in Ndombele, Sess and GLC, the Villa game where Ndombele scores late in a storybook fashion, then things started to go down hill obviously, hated to see Poch go and hated that i kind of agreed it was time for him to go. GLC developing into a stud for us has been awesome, getting to see Kane come back thinking his season was done, winning the NLD and even as dumb as it sounds excited to get 6th at the end of the year. There were plenty of positives and enjoyment I took from the team.

However, there is a lot of issues with the team and it is not a really likable team overall, especially not compared to the Poch era team that was fun to watch, great talents and easy guys to cheer for as well. I am not a fan that blindly cheers for my team and looks at every player through rose colored glasses. I know there are fans that are like that and I don't get it. But at the same time I don't dump my team when times are tough. Me being hard on players is not me not liking the team it is me wanting better for my club.

Genuinely believe what we need this summer wouldn’t be expensive at all, in football terms.

Say Ndombele goes..

In:

Skrinair - Swap
Wilson - £18m
Aarons - £20m
Brooks/Brozovic - £20m

Total - £58m

Out:
Aurier - £15m
Ndombele - Swap deal
Foyth - £10m
Rose - £5m
CCV - £3m
Lamela - £15m
KWP - £10m

Total - £58m

This is easy!

Genuinely believe what we need this summer wouldn’t be expensive at all, in football terms.

Say Ndombele goes..

In:

Skrinair - Swap
Wilson - £18m
Aarons - £20m
Brooks/Brozovic - £20m

Total - £58m

Out:
Aurier - £15m
Ndombele - Swap deal
Foyth - £10m
Rose - £5m
CCV - £3m
Lamela - £15m
KWP - £10m

Total - £58m

This is easy!
If Aarons is our main RB next season we will struggle on that flank.

Say Ndombele goes..

In:

Skrinair - Swap
Wilson - £18m
Aarons - £20m
Brooks/Brozovic - £20m

Total - £58m

Out:
Aurier - £15m
Ndombele - Swap deal
Foyth - £10m
Rose - £5m
CCV - £3m
Lamela - £15m
KWP - £10m

Total - £58m

This is easy!
Selling two average RBs to sign one average RB.

Standard spurs

Say Ndombele goes..

In:

Skrinair - Swap
Wilson - £18m
Aarons - £20m
Brooks/Brozovic - £20m

Total - £58m

Out:
Aurier - £15m
Ndombele - Swap deal
Foyth - £10m
Rose - £5m
CCV - £3m
Lamela - £15m
KWP - £10m

Total - £58m

This is easy!

This is an awful window.

AC Milan sporting director Paolo Maldini on Aurier interest:

"We had spoken last year with his agent, there was a possibility. Now we’ve got our minds on finishing the season, but then in the three weeks that players are on holiday we will be active on the market.”

Back
Top Bottom