Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jesus wept - ambition is solely determined by market spend.

We built a team based on youth and value, that’s our model, that’s Liverpool model. But In your world that’s not ambitious - they had massive success via that. We should have with the players we had but no success can only be achieved by market spend.

Yes not signing anyone over two windows is a catastrophe. Look at that the damage it did to Liverpool who did that ( unless you count Adrian and some Dutch kid as ambitious CL level singings).

We regressed last season because our high profile big money, ambitious signings stunk the place out. So what is the solution more big money, ambitious, high profile signings.

And if we don’t make those that’s the club accepting it doesn’t have any ambition. This despite signings like Hoejberg playing a massive part in us becoming a CL club.

Fucking transfer junkies.

Spot on. You’d think people would learn but they don’t. We need to invest in the side but we need to do it properly via good scouting and, unfortunately people won’t like this, maximising ourselves in the transfer market by writing every penny out of a deal. Unfortunately we have been poor at both for 3 years.

We need to go back to basics and do what brought us a good squad of players together 5/6 years ago. But for that we need a sporting director to organising everything and bring it all together. Even more unfortunately it doesn’t look like this is the route we are going down.

All very frustrating.

Got laughed at for this, as an option as long as we have another he would be good, dirty cunt he is
As a 4th striker I don't mind, he has a better goal scoring record than Wilson. 2nd striker must be substantially better than Deeney or Wilson, Son can be third striker.

I would love Rakitić. Know he’s old (32) but would definitely be a huge positive influence.

Only seen Semedo 3/4 times but have always thought he was really good

Sevilla
mundo2.jpg

Don't think Deeney links will materialize. Awful if they did, he's been quite poor for a few years now, and absolutely crocked these past few months. If we're aiming that low I'd prefer Andre Ayew.

Don't think Deeney links will materialize. Awful if they did, he's been quite poor for a few years now, and absolutely crocked these past few months. If we're aiming that low I'd prefer Andre Ayew.

I suspect he’s being offered to every premier league club and especially those in London. Doubt it’s anything more than that. I can’t imagine he’s top of the list in the transfer report Mourinho handed levy can you?!?! 😂😂😂

Deeney:

Yes; to some Jose may represent the ugly side of the game, but I don't think that's what he has in mind.

Sloth.jpg

Last edited:
I’d take brooks from Bournemouth
The closest thing to an ideal but realistic window for me would probably be Aarons, Castagne, Kim, Hojbjerg, Brooks, Wilson in with Aurier, Vertonghen, Vorm, Foyth, Rose, Walker-Peters out, something along those lines. Give others like Skipp, Parrott, Fagan-Walcott, Cirkin, White etc season long loans.

Ultimately though it will and always does come down to money.

The closest thing to an ideal but realistic window for me would probably be Aarons, Castagne, Kim, Hojbjerg, Brooks, Wilson in with Aurier, Vertonghen, Vorm, Foyth, Rose, Walker-Peters out, something along those lines. Give others like Skipp, Parrott, Fagan-Walcott, Cirkin, White etc season long loans.

Ultimately though it will and always does come down to money.
Aarons in and Walker Peters out is baffling.
KWP was holding down a first team spot in the same position for a much better team and he is already our player, costs us nothing.

Aarons in and Walker Peters out is baffling.
KWP was holding down a first team spot in the same position for a much better team and he is already our player, costs us nothing.

"Not great defensively" / "More WB than FB" question marks hanging over Castagne too by the sounds of it....

Keeping KWP and replacing Serge with a solid, experienced head seems far more sensible to me.

Last edited:
"Not great defensively" / "More WB than FB" question marks hanging over Castagne to by the sounds of it...

Keeping KWP and replacing Serge with a solid, experienced head seems far more sensible to me.
It just makes no sense to me. If KWP is the wrong kind of player for the way Mourinho wants to play then how would Aarons be a good fit?

If it is to do with getting Hojbjerg on the cheap then that makes no sense either. If he is supposed to be the next Busquets as the fan boys say then fucking pay up.

It just makes no sense to me. If KWP is the wrong kind of player for the way Mourinho wants to play then how would Aarons be a good fit?

If it is to do with getting Hojbjerg on the cheap then that makes no sense either. If he is supposed to be the next Busquets as the fan boys say then fucking pay up.

We wont get Aarons for less than we get for KWP anyway.... Pointlessly convoluted.

I wouldn't have an issue with KWP staying if he's up to scratch to be a very reliable top 6 player, always liked him and believed he required time and minutes.

The issue is, does he want to be here and will first team minutes at Southampton away him to be more dedicated to that cause or not. Aarons is younger so maybe more advantageous to his ceiling but I wouldn't have an issue with KWP staying and shelving plans for Aarons at present at all.

ENIC wouldn’t sell Spurs for less than £1b, so that would put a lot of buyers off.

We need someone like who was trying to buy Newcastle recently owners who have the clout to spend.
I think with our stadium being an NFL one, I suppose eventually new owners will come from the states.

Newcastle were we valued at around 300/400m... We're valued at nearer 2bn.... Stadium alone is worth 1bn.

Amazing how people moan about money matters without having much of a grasp of the facts.

Back
Top Bottom