Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need someone like who was trying to buy Newcastle recently owners who have the clout to spend.
I think with our stadium being an NFL one, I suppose eventually new owners will come from the states.
The NFL franchise when permanent will prioritize
over anything Spurs do. ENIC are business people and there is far more dough , less competition in Trumpland .
Amazing clever Enic dudes , Spurs have built , payed for the global yanky football .

Bournemouth are looking for 30m+ for Brooks.
:levylol:

Banter.... But like I said after the Ake deal, that 40m means they can hardball a bit more over other fees.

Maybe Wilson is still a 75m player afterall then? :pritchardeyes:

rtalZvq.jpg

relegation scraps is what Burnley would do

...And Man City seemingly (Ake).
...And Robertson (Liverpool).
....And crying over not buying Grielish & Madison from champo clubs is one of a few preferred hobbies of some Spurs fans.

If they deliver the goods who gives a shit where they come from?

...And Man City seemingly. Ake
...And Robertson. Liverpool.
....And crying over not buying Grielish & Madison from champo clubs is one of a few preferred hobbies of some Spurs fans.

If they deliver the goods who gives a shit where they come from?
you think deeney is a good signing if we do it. man city are clearly sorting their quota out. robertson always looked good in that hull side as with maddison.

As was said earlier, they're sitting on a gold mine.

They've realised their dream of a multi-sports and entertainment complex and are all set to rake in the huge profits it brings post covid, while the Anchor Tennants continue to service the debt.

It is what it is, guys.
I think we will eventually see big investment. Covid has affected everyone, but some clubs aren’t as affected as others.

When the NFL games, concerts, PL and European games start again we’ll see a high revenue stream form again.

ENIC and more so Levy aren’t the greatest footballing minds, but as business men they are second to none. We could have ended up like Leeds, but instead we’ve become a giant.

It’s now coming to the time to take the next step and invest in the playing squad. No point in having champagne facilities with lemonade staff to fill it.

I can really see a season 2 for the Amazon documentary , the last episode is going to end on a cliffe hanger, just before spurs are due to depart to the arse end of nowhere to play the mighty WiFi password FC Jose gets a call from Levy to tell him to hold the plane, then out of no where a car pulls onto the runway , out steps Spurs only signing of the summer , can Troy Dean be the special one to take spurs to the next level? Tune in for season 2 to find out!
:avbhumph:

Liverpool are going to release Harry Wilson apparently. I think he has also done well at Bournemouth, a little bit Eriksen and a little bit Lallana.

Nowhere near the level you'd want to be signing. From what I've seen this year he's a good Championship player with an outstanding left foot. Doesn't contribute much at all in most games.

Liverpool didn't add much because they built a solid foundation of a team that was competing for the and title and wasn't losing key players. Plus they filled a hole with Adrian as you mentioned. It may not have been a huge add but fixed the issue they had with Karius and Mingnolet previously.

We were a team that had fallen short, lost many key players and starting to show signs of dropping in form.

Trying to compare the two teams is laughable.

And I am fine if we are going the youth route. More than fine actually. Bring in players like Florentino Luis, Camavinga, Bellingham, Benrahma, Eze etc. I would have no issue seeing moves like that. i can see the ambition in adding and developing those types of players. But we aren't even doing that.

We are bringing in ok level players that maintain us at a top 6 level but don't give us much chance to move up the table or become more competitive.
Yep. If only we had quality scouting ....

Liverpool didn't add much because they built a solid foundation of a team that was competing for the and title and wasn't losing key players. Plus they filled a hole with Adrian as you mentioned. It may not have been a huge add but fixed the issue they had with Karius and Mingnolet previously.

We were a team that had fallen short, lost many key players and starting to show signs of dropping in form.

Trying to compare the two teams is laughable.

And I am fine if we are going the youth route. More than fine actually. Bring in players like Florentino Luis, Camavinga, Bellingham, Benrahma, Eze etc. I would have no issue seeing moves like that. i can see the ambition in adding and developing those types of players. But we aren't even doing that.

We are bringing in ok level players that maintain us at a top 6 level but don't give us much chance to move up the table or become more competitive.
Kroenke is a tight bastard yet they’re fa coop golden boys not that’s much to hang your hat on but something isn’t right

Back
Top Bottom