Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah if he's interested in joining us lets not bother...

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

As talented as he obviously is, his legs just arent there.

Barca have been set up to suit him for a good few years now.

Gone from being "that player that makes the difference" to "that player we need to shape around so he can still make the difference"

The EPL, where he is going to get great attention in frantic games - I just dont think its going to be good for him (or anyone that signs him).

He's 34, and literally just walks unless he has the ball - he needs to stay at Barca or go to a semi retirement league, not one thats even more physically demanding.

van Bommel did a Paulo Fonseca and used 1 sub too many in a recent cup game... And the player that replaced Lacroix was the "last drop".
Spurs ditched a head-coach candidate, Paulo Fonseca (Future Ex-Roma Manager Power Poll: Too Many Subs Edition) simply because of such an error 😁
So I hope Lacroix will take notice of this and force himself a move to a club - like Spurs - that does not tolerate blatant cheating of using too many players 😎

The new coach from the Netherlands changed Josip Brekalo for Renato Steffen during the break. After an hour Maximilian Arnold came for Josuha Guilavogui and Kevin Mbabu for Lukas Nmecha. In the extension, van Bommel brought in Yannick Gerhardt for Jeremy Roussillon, Admir Mehmedi for Maximilian Philipp and Sebastiaan Bornauw for Maxence Lacroix. According to a report by Kicker, referee Christian Dingert noted the substitution error in the game report.

The problem is getting players like Silva to want to come here (doubly hard in his case regarding CL status and/or being in England, which he seems to be sick of) and doing so within our wage structure. I doubt any of them are on decent value for money.

It really seems to shape up more as a straight cash thing from our end.
I have no idea about Bernardo's wages but Laporte's and Jesus' I had a look at earlier in the window and both of their wages are in our range.

Jesus is only on 90 grand a week or something like that. And Laporte only slightly above that.

Not saying we should take them instead of a fee for Harry. But their salaries are definitely within our wheelhouse if the numbers quoted are correct.

I have no idea about Bernardo's wages but Laporte's and Jesus' I had a look at earlier in the window and both of their wages are in our range.

Jesus is only on 90 grand a week or something like that. And Laporte only slightly above that.

Not saying we should take them instead of a fee for Harry. But their salaries are definitely within our wheelhouse if the numbers quoted are correct.

Laporte makes a lot of sense for us, Jesus Ive never seen what the fuss is about really.

Am I the only one who thinks Messi would be a disaster in the EPL?

Levy doesn't gamble something like £50m in wages on a 34 year old who's never had a weeknight away game against Burnley.

Yeah if he's interested in joining us lets not bother...

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

Interested in joining? Or Interested in picking up an utterly obsurd amount of money that will no doubt cripple us for the length of his contract. It's a dangerous gamble for Spurs.
He could be utterly unbelievable and we jump up 3 levels in 1 season.
Or he could not fancy getting the shit kicked out of him and defences playing 10 men behind the ball.

People may or may not be aware but in Spain, head to head comes before goal difference. So for any team not competing with Barcelona, it doesn't matter if they lose 1-0 or 10-0
In the PL, goal difference matters so weaker teams will shut up shop and just try and keep the score down.

In the tiny chance Messi signs for Spurs the media turn around will be massive.

Now it's "he's only in it for the money, why doesn't he go to a league to test himself"

If we went to Spurs they'd change their tune to "he's 34 and past his best, Spurs aren't getting the real Messi"

BUT WE'RE NOT SIGNING MESSI.

Laporte makes a lot of sense for us, Jesus Ive never seen what the fuss is about really.
Jesus is decent. He wouldn't be an out and out replacement of Kane because no one is. But he would probably do well for us in a striker partnership or as one of the wide attackers in a 3 man attack.

It's not too shabby - 1 in 2 for Racing in Argentina, 1 in 3 at Inter playing as second striker, 1 in 2 for the national team
Ah i see, hes a second striker behind a main striker then - that makes more sense. Cheers.

not a Kane replacement then... unless hes good at holding the ball up at least

Jesus is decent. He wouldn't be an out and out replacement of Kane because no one is. But he would probably do well for us in a striker partnership or as one of the wide attackers in a 3 man attack.
Maybe?

I mean, its not like I think he's shite or anyhing, Ive just always thought of him as pretty average.

Occasionally looks the absolute business then seemingly disappears for half a season...

I did think last season would be the one where he would step up and really take the role from Aguero, but to my eye he just didnt.

Were we getting players from City, and we got him, Id be entirely underwhelmed.

Whereas should we get Laporte - Id consider that a very smart and strategic move...

Levy doesn't gamble something like £50m in wages on a 34 year old who's never had a weeknight away game against Burnley.

Interested in joining? Or Interested in picking up an utterly obsurd amount of money that will no doubt cripple us for the length of his contract. It's a dangerous gamble for Spurs.
He could be utterly unbelievable and we jump up 3 levels in 1 season.
Or he could not fancy getting the shit kicked out of him and defences playing 10 men behind the ball.

People may or may not be aware but in Spain, head to head comes before goal difference. So for any team not competing with Barcelona, it doesn't matter if they lose 1-0 or 10-0
In the PL, goal difference matters so weaker teams will shut up shop and just try and keep the score down.
He wouldn't get the shit kicked out of him any more than in Spain, people seem to have this weird impression that players only tackle in the Premier League. For a start, refs would be tasked with protecting him, surely. He'd piss all over the likes of Burnley, do people honestly think he'd be worried about Ben Mee and Jack Cork?

No chance we'd pay the wages he'd want, of course, and there's probably no reason at all for him to come to Spurs.
City, PSG, or back to Buenos Aires are the options if he doesn't end up staying in Barcelona.

Trix over on SC believed Martinez and Lacroix both have a chance, while Hotspur88 seems to be nailing his nads to the Martinez will happen mast.

Not sure if Val here had heard anything similar and I know JJ tempered expectations on Martinez, but it’s not a bad start to a Monday 😊

If the Martinez to partner Kane rumour is true, it means the club is willing to invest more than we think they will. With Paratici running the show now, I am optimistic another top player will be coming even if Martinez deal doesn't materialize

Keeping myself very positive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom