Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lacking creativity in midfield and weak in the full back areas.

I don't understand why we aren't after an out and out DM to allow us to use creative midfielders.
I think we need to have a passmaster and someone who has good defensive positioning at DM rather than a DM destroyer especially with hoijberg and lo celso either side who would both press and put tackles in

I have no idea how signor Palmeri could possibly know about such a phone conversation though :cool: 🤔

Last edited:
We also have an advantage in any potential Martinez deal because the Inter sporting director is Beppe Marottia who worked with Paratici at Juve for many years. Definitely see a deal being done here.

I do hope you and all the others getting a semi on over a star striker aren't going to be too cut up whe the inevitable happens

Now I dont think we will sign Messi, but if I had to look for reasons why it could happen, not being in CL might actually be a positive, as we wont be playing Barcelona. But that is grasping at straws obviously.

So Inter now linked with Martial, one year loan and then purchase for 50 mill next summer. Not sure how they can do this when Inter still owe 47 mill to Utd for the Lukaku transfer. So that's Martial, Dzeko, Correa and Zapata all being lined up according to the press.
It's very common for big clubs to be linked to many players. And most of the links are just clickbait. Spurs have been linked to more than 100 players during this transfer window alone - and among those being "linked to Spurs are Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi, Haaland and Lewandowski.

I don't see why he should have to convince Levy, he was appointed to look after the football side so let him and Nuno get on with getting the players. Levy should just provide the money and stfu.
I don't disagree, but (if true) it does just probably relate to the final financial sanctioning of the deal. I think it was always going to be the case that Levy would have a final say of sorts.

I don't disagree, but (if true) it does just probably relate to the final financial sanctioning of the deal. I think it was always going to be the case that Levy would have a final say of sorts.
This is my theory as well. Paratici has free reigns for transfers up to a certain financial threshold. And if he wants to go above that he has to get the green light from Daniel.

Aka he has a budget to work with and if he wants to go beyond that he needs to secure more money from the higher ups.

It makes sense.

Ah I take it all with a pinch of salt, not worth getting hung up on anything till it’s on the OS (or, seemingly these days, the player has social mediad about it 😂). New here so I’m not sure what the attitude is to itks so posted in case any where interested. But wouldn’t post if I thought it was complete pie in the sky 👍
They might be held in pretty high regard round these parts, but also might not be, and definitely aren't.

It's very common for big clubs to be linked to many players. And most of the links are just clickbait. Spurs have been linked to more than 100 players during this transfer window alone - and among those being "linked to Spurs are Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi, Haaland and Lewandowski.
The outlandish links can be immediately dismissed, the ones I mentioned I guess make some sense

Even if Kane stays for this season then you have to think he is gone next summer. We should be getting ready for that now.
Absolutely.

I said at the end of last season, we hold the cards this summer and can keep Kane, but its the last time we have that power.

As of next summer if he wants to go, he will.

Im not against selling him now, reinvesting etc - but Ive also said with regards to Vlahovic - I could see us spending big this summer on a striker with the intent he has a year to get up to speed while we hold onto Kane 12 more months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom