Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trix over on SC believed Martinez and Lacroix both have a chance, while Hotspur88 seems to be nailing his nads to the Martinez will happen mast.

Not sure if Val here had heard anything similar and I know JJ tempered expectations on Martinez, but it’s not a bad start to a Monday 😊
You realise they are all lying bastards who live with their parents don't you?

Trix over on SC believed

Season 9 No GIF by The Office

Jesus is decent. He wouldn't be an out and out replacement of Kane because no one is. But he would probably do well for us in a striker partnership or as one of the wide attackers in a 3 man attack.
I think Jesus is a-grade shit personally.

If you can’t be prolific in that City team as an out and out striker, don’t see what value he’d add to us.

Bernardo and Laporte I’d welcome here. Jesus would be a really poor move.

You realise they are all lying bastards who live with their parents don't you?

Ah I take it all with a pinch of salt, not worth getting hung up on anything till it’s on the OS (or, seemingly these days, the player has social mediad about it 😂). New here so I’m not sure what the attitude is to itks so posted in case any where interested. But wouldn’t post if I thought it was complete pie in the sky 👍

Ah I take it all with a pinch of salt, not worth getting hung up on anything till it’s on the OS (or, seemingly these days, the player has social mediad about it 😂). New here so I’m not sure what the attitude is to itks so posted in case any where interested. But wouldn’t post if I thought it was complete pie in the sky 👍
Oh you'll find out soon enough....

So Inter now linked with Martial, one year loan and then purchase for 50 mill next summer. Not sure how they can do this when Inter still owe 47 mill to Utd for the Lukaku transfer. So that's Martial, Dzeko, Correa and Zapata all being lined up according to the press.

[FORMATION=433, Gollini, Doherty, Romero, Laporte, Reguillon, Hoijberg, Skipp, Lo Celso, Bernado, Martinez, Son][/FORMATION]
Lacking creativity in midfield and weak in the full back areas.

I don't understand why we aren't after an out and out DM to allow us to use creative midfielders.

I don't see why he should have to convince Levy, he was appointed to look after the football side so let him and Nuno get on with getting the players. Levy should just provide the money and stfu.
It will become clearer in time, of course, but from the way we are handling this transfer window, it looks like the tentacles have gone nowhere.

[FORMATION=433, Gollini, Doherty, Romero, Laporte, Reguillon, Hoijberg, Skipp, Lo Celso, Bernado, Martinez, Son][/FORMATION]
Tomiyasu(?), Tanganga, Aurier > Doherty. There's no way he can be considered a regular starter for us this year if we're to accomplish anything.

He wouldn't get the shit kicked out of him any more than in Spain, people seem to have this weird impression that players only tackle in the Premier League. For a start, refs would be tasked with protecting him, surely. He'd piss all over the likes of Burnley, do people honestly think he'd be worried about Ben Mee and Jack Cork?

No chance we'd pay the wages he'd want, of course, and there's probably no reason at all for him to come to Spurs.
City, PSG, or back to Buenos Aires are the options if he doesn't end up staying in Barcelona.

Have you not noticed in most of Europe you only need to think about a sliding tackle and it's a free kick?
Yes, he probably gets fouled as much there as anywhere, but in the PL, he's gonna spend a lot of time on the grass wondering why the whistle didn't blow.

As I previously said, he may be a success. But he's not really ever had to play against a shit team who completely shut up shop week in week out. It's just different.

I do, however, often marvel at the goals he scores when surrounded by players. So assuming he doesn't get shoved over he could be one to break those teams down.

We also have an advantage in any potential Martinez deal because the Inter sporting director is Beppe Marottia who worked with Paratici at Juve for many years. Definitely see a deal being done here.

I don't see why he should have to convince Levy, he was appointed to look after the football side so let him and Nuno get on with getting the players. Levy should just provide the money and stfu.
Any manager/head-coach and/ or DoF have to convince their "boss" to spend the money. There are "properly run" clubs where a DoF has totally free reign to buy whoever player he wants.
And Levy is simply being Levy.

Last edited:
We need a squad that is as capable and flexible as possible.

We need goalscorers assuming the traitor disappears. Essential.

Worrying about formations for now is pointless.

Let's do our business as quickly and efficiently as we can, worrying less about assumptions and dealing more with facts.

We are 4 good/very good players short of competing for a top 6 place right now so for me that is the target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom