Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanchez's biggest issue is that he is easily drawn out of position; especially when Aurier is playing as Sanchez seems to always drift out wide. This often leaves the remaining centerback isolated and in a '2 on 1' situation. You will often see Dier screaming at his team mates as he is forced to cover 2 attacking runs.
To play devil's advocate then, a good manager would realise that Sanchez drifts out of position, and instruct a partner to cover him when he does, no?

I hate digging out Spurs players but every time I see Sanchez on the team sheet I grimace.

When we signed him I thought we were getting a raw defender with elite athleticism. Well he turned out to be raw, but his athleticism is completely overhyped.

He isn’t anywhere near as fast as he thinks he is, can be bullied and is pretty poor in the air. He has zero natural defensive instincts, and at any time in any game can make the sort of inexplicable error that can cost us points.

If he were a youth team product, we’d be sending him on loan to the Championship.

A real mistake by our scouting department signing him. If memory serves Leicester picked up Evans the same summer for like 6m and he’s been a rock

I hate digging out Spurs players but every time I see Sanchez on the team sheet I grimace.

When we signed him I thought we were getting a raw defender with elite athleticism. Well he turned out to be raw, but his athleticism is completely overhyped.

He isn’t anywhere near as fast as he thinks he is, can be bullied and is pretty poor in the air. He has zero natural defensive instincts, and at any time in any game can make the sort of inexplicable error that can cost us points.

If he were a youth team product, we’d be sending him on loan to the Championship.

A real mistake by our scouting department signing him. If memory serves Leicester picked up Evans the same summer for like 6m and he’s been a rock.
We activated Johnny Evans release cause from West Brom that was £3.5m

A real mistake by our scouting department signing him. If memory serves Leicester picked up Evans the same summer for like 6m and he’s been a rock.

If he was a youth player, people on here would think he was the best thing ever for at least 3 years before finally realising he's shite.

Whilst I don't rate Sanchez as a top defender, I don't think he's as bad as some people believe.

Over the last 2 seasons, how often have we actually had a settled back 4? Between Alderweireld, Rodon, Dier and Sanchez there has never been consistency in a starting pair. Add to that the 2 full backs changing quite often.

If the right offer, like the swap with Sevilla, comes in then yes, sell him. But I'm happy to keep him for early cup and European games.

However, it is paramount we sign another centre back, and if that means selling Sanchez or Dier, then do it.

Whilst I don't rate Sanchez as a top defender, I don't think he's as bad as some people believe.

Over the last 2 seasons, how often have we actually had a settled back 4? Between Alderweireld, Rodon, Dier and Sanchez there has never been consistency in a starting pair. Add to that the 2 full backs changing quite often.

If the right offer, like the swap with Sevilla, comes in then yes, sell him. But I'm happy to keep him for early cup and European games.

However, it is paramount we sign another centre back, and if that means selling Sanchez or Dier, then do it.

I think he's less of a liability than Dier tbh.
The bonus is I think he's happier being classed as the junior defender in a partnership. Dier wants to be the senior defender but is nowhere near able to lead his defence. I see him flapping his arms about and pointing here there and everywhere but the defence always looks a mess when he plays.

I genuinely have NFI why we signed Rodon. Poor lad seems to be buried at Spurs. Suspect we fucked up a bigger deal last year after letting Vertonghen go then needed a CB at the last minute.

Messi confirmed since this was tweeted.

Quite impressive.

Thing is, 3 of those are well into their 30s now.
Messi will take the piss out of the French league for sure, but not convinced he's gonna drag them over the line in the CL against a team like Bayern Munich, Chelsea or even a fully fit Liverpool.

Ramos is probably gonna play with his shirt off and his shades on, he's already on holiday.

Winjaldum was almost at Barcelona airport to sign for his boyhood club when he saw the money and did a U-turn.

So only really leaves the keeper as a proper decent sound signing IMO.
The other 3 will all pocket huge wages then fuck off for nothing in a year or 2

I think he's less of a liability than Dier tbh.
The bonus is I think he's happier being classed as the junior defender in a partnership. Dier wants to be the senior defender but is nowhere near able to lead his defence. I see him flapping his arms about and pointing here there and everywhere but the defence always looks a mess when he plays.

I genuinely have NFI why we signed Rodon. Poor lad seems to be buried at Spurs. Suspect we fucked up a bigger deal last year after letting Vertonghen go then needed a CB at the last minute.
They are equal liabilities just in different ways.

Sanchez struggles against strong strikers as he overrates his physical abilities. He's also terrible technically, constantly shanking clearances and poor in possession. Shit in the air too.

He's got decent pace and when he keeps things simple he can be effective.

I don't feel at ease with either of them as long term options so I hope a link to anothet solid CB emerges quickly.

Firstly, welcome to TFC. Always nice to see a new face. Good first post.

As much as I like the transfers in you have suggested, even as the biggest Kane fan going, we aren't getting £120m plus 2 players worth £60-70m each included. It would either be £50m plus both or £100m and one of them.

Laporte and/or Silva instantly solve 2 problem areas. Add Martinez, a creative mid, another striker and a right back on to that and we're definitely a stronger team on paper, and genuinely have a team that should be pushing for the top 4 if not higher.

But I agree in the sense that if he is so desperate to leave, then make a deal for him. Kane is the best player I have ever seen for Spurs in my lifetime, but no one is bigger than the club. If (big if considering Bale money) we spend it right, then we could be a better team for it (Liverpool selling Coutinho almost) and with Patrici in charge of transfers then there is every chance that does happen.

However if the scattered reports of him signing a new deal are true then I'll be right behind him again!
Apart from Silva being overrated good player but is in the 20-30m range of player most, City need to get rid because of their bloated wages. Then Laporte no just no he is a truly overrated player who has spent the last 2 years on the physio table if people think Lamela was bad look at Laporte’s injury record their is no way he will last the season without getting a hamstring injury.

If we sell Kane it needs for straight cash and for the maximum value, we should not be doing City any favours and take players they are desperate to get rid of.

Messi will take the piss out of the French league for sure, but not convinced he's gonna drag them over the line in the CL against a team like Bayern Munich, Chelsea or even a fully fit Liverpool.

Ramos is probably gonna play with his shirt off and his shades on, he's already on holiday.

Winjaldum was almost at Barcelona airport to sign for his boyhood club when he saw the money and did a U-turn.

It's a real shit or bust move, very limited shelf life, high risk possibly high reward sort of move.

And I'm far from convinced it'll get them that elusive CL

Man I thought I was a miserable bastard
You could make Snow White sound like straw dogs

Kane ain't the best player in the PL. Myopic Magoo at it again.
You should have gone to specsavers.
The beauty of forums like this. They allow all age groups.
Posted at 10:30 last night when mum should have already tucked you in bed.
You can't think straight when you are tired.
Actually you can't think straight when awake.
I don't give two hoots. He ain't the best player in the PL.

The metric for best in my book sits outside the misleading story the stats you have highlighted may suggest.
You actually, actually said that Rice is better than H.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom