Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile over at SC:

Trix​

Absolute Member​

Today at 11:00 AM

THFCSPURS19 said:
@LastWordOnSpurs

Athletic has opinion pieces but they deffo have reliable journos as well.
The reason I asked about the Athletic specifically is because I see it exactly the same as Rob. The occasional decent opinion piece, but I'm yet to see them post anything transfer wise that is both factual AND original. They generally pick up other's info and put a their own twist on it that is pure fantasy. Either that or it has no foundation whatsoever.

They're busy debating whether actual football journalists are reliable enough to be allowed in their ITK Discussion thread...

Not that I believe the likes of The Athletic are particularly trustworthy sources, but the lack of self awareness in the above post is astounding.

Oh yeah, and Hercunonce is pretending that he knows what went on in a Kane/Spurs meeting too...

Hercules​

Dickhead​

All I will say, there was a very clear and amicable (in the end) meeting yesterday with all of Kane’s people. Won’t say more than that. Suffice to say he wanted to be available to participate Sunday. Citeh have until 23rd/24th August to come up with a HUGE cash ONLY offer! Or piss off!!!

I think the fee also factors in. It was a lot of more for seriously poor returns.

I guess one of the frustrations with Sanchez is there is seemingly no progress or learning from mistakes at all. If anything, he has regressed. He’s also failed to develop as a ball-player too.

If we’re going to play an error prone CB it should be Tango or Rodon who might be able to show linear progress from the experience.

For me, there’s zero hope of Sanchez developing into an elite defender. You might think I’m being harsh but he’s at Phil Jones levels.
No ones at Phil Jones levels, that chuckle brother isn't even good enough for rochdale

According to Grauniad blowhard Barry Glendenning, Leicester want to poach Tomiyasu from under our noses

illustrated-sticker-cartoon-dead-fox-sticker-cartoon-dead-fox-146124686.jpg

He’s a weirdo.

Kane can fuck off. If he wants to join that disgusting club he's playing his part in the death of football. I have zero respect for anyone playing for that vile team and their murderous owners.

Enjoy the blood money you fucking drooling inbred
Dont be an idiot, drooling inbred ??? FYI We were one of the most ambitious high spending clubs in the 80s early 90s remember Gazzas 2 million fee? were we playing our part on the death of Football? Sunderland when they were the bank of England club in the 1950s were they the start of the death of Football?

I very much doubt any of those 3 will play any form of high energy pressing football.
The question is, is Poch happy with it? Is he willing to play something different or is he going to struggle to get those players to play his football.

May actually be a turning point in his career. He may learn to adapt in order to win or he may refuse to adapt and be regarded as a one trick pony.
During his time here, Poch showed that he was prepared to adapt to what he had at his disposal. This has continued at PSG. You'll get a token defensive contribution from Neymar and Mbappe-even in the latter stages of the CL-and you try to find a way to make the best of it.

Dont be an idiot, drooling inbred ??? FYI We were one of the most ambitious high spending clubs in the 80s early 90s remember Gazzas 2 million fee? were we playing our part on the death of Football? Sunderland when they were the bank of England club in the 1950s were they the start of the death of Football?
Fair enough. We have played our part, certainly.

I'm just deeply unimpressed with his desire to join that abomination.

Spot on BC. Another year another "Dybala" head fake. This guy would get killed as the lone man in the PL (a la Werner) and getting the best out of him would necessitate playing with a big guy or casting Sonny aside. Very underwhelming stuff from our new man with a plan Paratici. But it does follow our typical opportunistic recruitment pattern, big name + financially struggling club + easily impressed supporters = great transfer.

What say you on this Vlahovic guy? I didn't watch a single Fiorentina game last season as my football life was sucked outta me.

I’ve asked the same question, as I saw fuck all of Fiorentina last season.

Also, Bayern are in for some 21yo French winger. Do you know anything about this? He's not even in Ligue 1 (or the Messi-ligue if you like) so it was surprising.... I'll try and find the story to see which shit, true-farmer's ligue team he plays for but the deal was for 10-15M so he must have some talent.

Kid’s (I assume we are talking about Adli) definitely got some ability, and he’s highly thought of at Toulouse, but (according to what I have read) he’s refused to sign a new deal, has one year left, so Comolli has said he won’t play again until they get a decent offer or the window shuts. I think he’s stupid if he goes somewhere like Bayern - it could just be Todibo all over again.

First goal conceded vs Leeds allows ball to pass him compounded by a further Reguilon error. Second goal vs Leeds heads ball to Leeds man then plays statue in the sixyard box while Bamford scores from a cutback. Manchester United first goal, again plays statue as Cavani ghosts behind him. Manchester United second goal, not completely at fault but contributes heavily by again playing statue as Cavani ghosts by and sets up Fred. West Ham first goal, does not clear initial cross, doesn't even attempt to, them blames Tanganga who was also at fault. Second goal in that game, both he and Sanchez at sea as Lingard waltzes between them to score. Gives away as bad a penalty vs Chelsea as you'll ever see, clumsily fouling Werner in a one goal defeat. Aurier/Dier/Lloris all poor for first goal in 3-1 defeat to Liverpool.

That's going back to February, so not even half a season. Maybe I'm being harsh, so we'll chalk off two, or even three of those. That leaves 5, and I'm sure I'll find another 5/6 later on when I go from August-Jan.
Leeds game 1st goal. Aurier yet again allows a cross, Reggie nearly scores an OG and Lloris' save goes straight to Dallas. Are you seriously trying to put that down to Dier?
Goal 2 GLC fails to stop the cross and Bamford slips between Toby and PEH to score.
Again nowt to do with Eric. I'll let others who may be interested look at the highlights and see who they agree with.
I won't bother with the other games but best to take this to the Dier thread if you wish to pursue the matter.

Kid’s (I assume we are talking about Adli) definitely got some ability, and he’s highly thought of at Toulouse, but (according to what I have read) he’s refused to sign a new deal, has one year left, so Comolli has said he won’t play again until they get a decent offer or the window shuts. I think he’s stupid if he goes somewhere like Bayern - it could just be Todibo all over again.
As I understand it, DC and Levy are still on decent terms, so if we’re after him I wonder if that could help.

know nothing about him but I do know where your football value lie so if you line him, there’s enough for me.

During his time here, Poch showed that he was prepared to adapt to what he had at his disposal. This has continued at PSG. You'll get a token defensive contribution from Neymar and Mbappe-even in the latter stages of the CL-and you try to find a way to make the best of it.
Did you see the projected starting XI? I like Verrati and love Wijnaldum but that MF is going to need more to combat the facts that the last I saw Messi he was growing roots, Neymar can no longer get by anyone on the outside. Will be interesting to see them in the CL.

Spot on BC. Another year another "Dybala" head fake. This guy would get killed as the lone man in the PL (a la Werner) and getting the best out of him would necessitate playing with a big guy or casting Sonny aside. Very underwhelming stuff from our new man with a plan Paratici. But it does follow our typical opportunistic recruitment pattern, big name + financially struggling club + easily impressed supporters = great transfer.

What say you on this Vlahovic guy? I didn't watch a single Fiorentina game last season as my football life was sucked outta me.

Also, Bayern are in for some 21yo French winger. Do you know anything about this? He's not even in Ligue 1 (or the Messi-ligue if you like) so it was surprising.... I'll try and find the story to see which shit, true-farmer's ligue team he plays for but the deal was for 10-15M so he must have some talent.
Like you, I haven’t seen a single Fiorentina game (I struggle to keep up with Spurs, let alone other leagues).

People obviously rate him. From my very limited YouTube scouting, my only concern is the faint Janssen vibes I’m getting from him. He’s highly one footed and, whilst obviously strong, I have no idea whether he will bounce off defenders or marauder straight through them. If it’s the latter, great stuff. But if it’s the former, he could be stranded.

I also worry about a player with a single great season when no fans were in the stadium.

On the plus side, I think he will press.

I’ve asked the same question, as I saw fuck all of Fiorentina last season.
Thanks for nothing buddy.
Name seems to ring a bell but being in the lower Ligues and at such a nothing club I never got a look at him. Didn't they also give us such wonderful players like Sissoko and Aurier? Hold it, isn't Braithwaite from there as well? Are these the types of players from clubs like that down the lower Ligues?

As I understand it, DC and Levy are still on decent terms, so if we’re after him I wonder if that could help.

know nothing about him but I do know where your football value lie so if you line him, there’s enough for me.
Yeah I've heard Comolli on the radio a few times and he does speak quite well of Levy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom