Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ending up with less depth than 12 months ago which was our worst season in a decade

Certainly in midfield and at the back we have more depth. Brining in younger players increases our energy and should stop us shipping stupid late goals like last season.

Losing Bale and Vanicius means we may be lacking goals - however the January window can be used to address this if injuries affect us. The reintroduction of Dele will almost certainly produce goals.

Goal
Lloris / Hart
vs
Lloris / Gollini

Center Back
Dier / Toby / Rodon / Sanchez
vs
Dier / Romero / Rodon / Sanchez

Right Back
Aurier / Doherty
vs
Emerson / Tanganga / Doherty

Left Back
Reguillon /Davies
vs
Reguillon /Davies

Defensive Midfield
Holjberg / Winks / Sissoko
vs
Holjberg / Winks / Skipp / Sarr (on loan)

Attacking Mid
Ndombele / Lo Celso / Alli
vs
Ndombele / Lo Celso / Alli

Wing forwards
Son / Bergjwin / Lamela / Moura / Bale
vs
Son / Bergjwin / Gil / Moura / Sessegnon

Striker
Kane / Vinicius
vs
Kane / Scarlett

Sissoko and Aurier out makes this a 10/10 window.

Aside from that we have improved our defence massively in Emerson and Romero plus Skipp in front. Our attack was fine last season lets hope for more of the same with a solid group behind them.

Top four incoming.

Here are the like for like changes we made...

Toby out, Romero in
Aurier out, Emerson in
Lamela out, Gil in
Hart out, Gollini in

Besides that we...

-Shipped out an absolute wage thief in Sissoko
-Bought a promising young talent in Sarr
-Made a nice profit on Foyth

I honestly think you're just a negative person if you think that's a disaster.
Possibly the biggest upgrade: Sissoko out, Skipp in.

Fucking hell with Aurier and Sissoko gone, just what will Billy no mates do with his spare time?

5ac2989210d6bb1b008b45eb

We are not the likes of City or Chelsea money wise. We currently don’t have champions league football to offer. It was the first true window of the “painful rebuild”. We are still in a pandemic. A lot of deadwood was moved out. Youth has come in. Kane has stayed, Son signed a new contract.

It was a solid window, do I wish we brought in one or two more absolutely. But some of you really need to lower your expectations on here. Look at Woolwich because that is the alternative.

Emerson is a loan with an obligation to buy, Tomiyasu's club demanded large part of the fee upfront

It has fuckall to do with quality, it was about the payment structure.
Official Site:

"We are delighted to announce the signing of Emerson Royal from Barcelona, subject to international clearance and a work permit. The right-back has signed a contract with us until 2026 and will wear the number 12 shirt"

So we have him for the next five years on a loan to buy?

Paratici the Don of Don's

:nunolol:

Anyone who is still Levy in after this shit show of a summer is an enemy of THFC

8th choice manager after the most embarrassing and incompetent managerial search in the world effectively stating winning trophies is not a priority as much as making profit. We’ve hired a glorified yes man who’s fluke wins have papered over the cracks. I actually feel sorry for him as he was lied to as

The ESL lies and lack of apology

Failing to address key areas in the squad all summer

Failing to eliminate rats and deadwood from the team

Hiring what seems to be a grossly incompetent DOF

Ending up with less depth than 12 months ago which was our worst season in a decade

Making a shameless video full of lies about heavy investment in the squad this summer - none of which has come true and we’ve actually ended up making a profit on our wage bill

Confirming beyond all reasonable doubt their business model is about maximizing dividend returns and not winning silverwate

Parastic cunts - OUT NOW

I think we have an exceptional talent in Romero, have a quick wingback in Emerson a real talent in Gil, and next season a quality midfielder in Sarr, and in Gollini a very good replacement for Lloris for 2022.

We have got rid of Sissoko, Aurier, Hart, Toby, and Lamela, but apparently that's not good enough.

When was the last time the club brought in five players and got rid of so much "deadwood"?

It needed someone like Paratici to put these deals together, plan for the present and future and at the same time bring down the average are at the club.

A rebuild isn't done in one transfer window, but we have made a very good start.

Obviously not to your liking, but then again until Levy bankrupts the club you will never be happy.

have a quick wingback in Emerson
FWIW I don't think Emerson has played more than a game or so of his entire career at wingback, he was certainly an RB in a back four at Betis and Barca.

He's very much a defender. A big lad who gets stuck in too, not entirely unlike Tanganga, though with more speed and seemingly a bit more quality with the ball at his feet.

Besides getting younger we also got a lot faster. Every swap of players added pace and Emerson is the first real speed demon we’ve added since Lucas Moura arrived.

We’ve gone from one of the slowest teams in the league to probably above average

No he didn't.......

He beats his FIRST MAN. We defended as a unit, which means he has to beat the 2nd/3rd man, he didn't do this. He created fuck all as a result, I think he managed to find just two crosses that went to a player on his team, the first a pullback that was behind his teammate which meant it was backheeled and the resulting shot was from 25yrds out and went into row Z and 20yrs wide, the 2nd was a non-pacey ball kind of lobbed to the back post to a player that was marked by two of our defenders and we won the ball.

A player that rips a team to shreds is one that creates something specific, a shot, a big chance. Not a cross that hits the first man, a stray pass, a shot that goes out for a corner.

He's a freak, a monster of a player, very exciting to watch as he skins his first man. Everyone loves this, I love this! But he has to produce something at the end of it. Teams can prepare for him, every team knows what's coming, so you double up intelligently, have the first man be aggressive with him, maybe cause him to miss place/miss time or just put pressure on him so his cross, pass or attempt to dribble the 2nd man isn't under control.

I thought he was better against Utd, who didn't defend anywhere near as good as us against them.

But even here there is very little end product, with the exception of his ball to Trincoa(??) who fucked his shot.

Disagree

Look chelsea and city can spend spend spend cos of their owners have vast surplus of cash. Were paying off our stadium and just come out of pandemic. Its near phenomenal we beat city first game and top going into international break. Yes theres big challenges ahead but i said from start nuno is a good choice. Now were out of pandemic the money will flow in. Part of being supporter is supporting the club. I paid 65 quid for ticket yesterday. Didnt like paying that but it supports the club. Our time will come. Were almost there.
How are things in broadmoor these days?

again - what are you on about? what's a "complete contraction" ... what does that even mean?

It's not a 180% shift to think Kane staying is good and Serge leaving is also good .... nor does it have feck all to do with being a Levy supporter.

Your argument has more holes than a swiss cheese ... how does supporting two very positive Spurs decisions make you pro anyone? .... the only person taking a stance here is you being both anti-Levy and anti-Spurs ... or do you claim that keeping Kane and losing Serge were in fact bad decisions for our club?
I agree with some of it but Aurier won the negs in my view . I do not know if we paid up his contract and he leaves on a free, or we mutually cancelled his contract and he leaves on a free. Either way we wanted to sell him and he refused , resulting in either pay off and no fee , or simply no fee . Serge will now get a better deal from his next club. We can‘t spin this as a master stroke by Levy with us calling the shots.

That said I am glad he is gone and I would not object to a couple more going the same way , but our new DOF was not successful in moving Aurier on, fair play to him for shifting Toby and Sissoko though, I think both going are big wins

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom