Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
But is the window really really closed? Didn't we get Rodon efter the window closed? What players could still be interesting from the Championship? Am I wrong?

It's becoming clearer why Harry wants to move
Attack - basically Vinnicius gone Scarlett in. I see Harry having another long and tiresome season. Don't look after the best player you have.

Midfield - Two youngsters, Gil and Skipps, good players but will take a few years to develop into world class players.

Defence - Two Good buys that more than likely will improve things but we unfortunately have the same backups in Dier , Sanchez, Rodon, Doherty and Davies.

The last season was long and it proved our undoing. I don't have much faith alot will improve this season either.

Some say Masterclass - I say Same Shit, just another name - Paratici.

Here are the like for like changes we made...

Toby out, Romero in
Aurier out, Emerson in
Lamela out, Gil in
Hart out, Gollini in

Besides that we...

-Shipped out an absolute wage thief in Sissoko
-Bought a promising young talent in Sarr
-Made a nice profit on Foyth

I honestly think you're just a negative person if you think that's a disaster.
Agreed. And don’t forget the biggest one. Jose out, Nuno in.

(plus old Sanchez out, new Sanchez in; weak Japhet out, strong Japhet in; missing Dele out, hard work Dele in; and to be fair, sometimes good Ndombele out, missing Ndombele in).

Sissoko and Aurier out makes this a 10/10 window.

Aside from that we have improved our defence massively in Emerson and Romero plus Skipp in front. Our attack was fine last season lets hope for more of the same with a solid group behind them.

Top four incoming.
10/10 means a perfect window, there was NOTHING we could have improved or done better is what you are saying.
Seriously????

We have to hope Sess, Ndombele can step up and Scarlett can chip in here and there and that Parrott has a successful loan.

Attack - basically Vinnicius gone Scarlett in. I see Harry having another long and tiresome season. Don't look after the best player you have.

Midfield - Two youngsters, Gil and Skipps, good players but will take a few years to develop into world class players.

Defence - Two Good buys that more than likely will improve things but we unfortunately have the same backups in Dier , Sanchez, Rodon, Doherty and Davies.

The last season was long and it proved our undoing. I don't have much faith alot will improve this season either.

Some say Masterclass - I say Same Shit, just another name - Paratici.
The main method to improve from last season is always about improving our existing players, instead of expecting too much from lavish new signings

I know is just 3 games, but I do not think is just luck. The formation and discipline have been consistent. It will last alot longer than most may think.

And we still have arguably the best strike force in Europe (and probably the world), apart from PSG.

Emerson and Romero will enable us to play up from the back too.

Am positive about this season.

I agree with some of it but Aurier won the negs in my view . I do not know if we paid up his contract and he leaves on a free, or we mutually cancelled his contract and he leaves on a free. Either way we wanted to sell him and he refused , resulting in either pay off and no fee , or simply no fee . Serge will now get a better deal from his next club. We can‘t spin this as a master stroke by Levy with us calling the shots.

That said I am glad he is gone and I would not object to a couple more going the same way , but our new DOF was not successful in moving Aurier on, fair play to him for shifting Toby and Sissoko though, I think both going are big wins
Much better to pay the turd 2M to FO now than keep him around for the sake of it, distracting players and being a nuisance

Much better to pay the turd 2M to FO now than keep him around for the sake of it, distracting players and being a nuisance
I agree but we wanted to sell him not pay him off and let him go for free. My point is it cannot be spun as a brilliant bit of negotiating, Aurier screwed us by refusing to go, but as I said happy he is gone , think we did well to shift Toby and Sissoko for fees, especially as they were older

I liked Sissoko. Not as a starter but as a squad member. I hope he does wel at Watford and the fans sing his name.

BUT I'm glad I'll never, ever have to watch him and Winks as the 2 in a 4231 ever again.
I'm glad I'll never have to watch Aurier concede a free kick around the box that we concede from.
I'm glad people won't have to keep making excuses for Foyth fuck ups.
I'm glad I don't have to listen to the addage "Lamela will be like a new signing after his latest 3 month injury"

I still think this is going to be a hard season unless Romero becomes the reincarnation of King and becomes influential on the rest of the defence.

Still no idea what to expect from Nuno and I hadn't heard of a single one of the players we've signed until we were linked.

It's good the average age of the squad has been reduced, we were getting too leggy too often, even before Mourinho.

Its all good that the likes of Toby,Aurier,Lamela,Aurier,Hart,Sissoko etc.. high earners who either wanted to leave or weren't good enough have left but what have we got in transfer fees for all combined. Let's not include Lamela as he was part of a swap deal. Maybe £8m?

I personally don't find it such good business when we barely recoup anything for these players. Its good they are off the wage bill and gone but I would've liked to try to hold out for a bit more money (ofc without risking the deal actually not going through)
The market at the moment is a difficult one, not many clubs have cash to spend on players so getting players out the door is hard. We needed to get some of these players off the books otherwise we would be paying them to sit around and do nothing.

Think the window was OK we should know by now a lot of paper talk is just that talk.We have improved a bit on the pitch but only three games and performances the last two games were mainly OK rather than great but kept clean sheets and got the points .Don't know much about Emerson hope he does well of course but our earlier signings look positive.

Here are the like for like changes we made...

Toby out, Romero in
Aurier out, Emerson in
Lamela out, Gil in
Hart out, Gollini in

Besides that we...

-Shipped out an absolute wage thief in Sissoko
-Bought a promising young talent in Sarr
-Made a nice profit on Foyth

I honestly think you're just a negative person if you think that's a disaster.
You forgot

Bale out - nobody in
Vinicius out - nobody in

Reminder we came 7th last season, we needed more than minor upgrades on a few positions.

I’m convinced anyone saying this is a great window would of said it was a shit one had they been shown it in May, and had we not had such a great start to the season more would be calling out levy.

You forgot

Bale out - nobody in
Vinicius out - nobody in

Reminder we came 7th last season, we needed more than minor upgrades on a few positions.

I’m convinced anyone saying this is a great window would of said it was a shit one had they been shown it in May, and had we not had such a great start to the season more would be calling out levy.
Vinicius was there to play some cup games and Europe, what Scarlett can do. Not that level, but just to rest Kane.

Bale's wages were to big. I do think we needed someone like Traore or similar, but not at the 50M price.

We sorted defensive issues, that's the start. It's not perfect, but with Levy it's not gonna be easy to spend, Paratici knows that.

You forgot

Bale out - nobody in
Vinicius out - nobody in

But we have had a good start to the season which implies we're doing something right.

Anyone who thought we'd get a completely balanced squad after one window is in cuckoo-land.

If we had brought a striker and a 'creative midfielder' in as well, some would still find a stick to beat Levy/The Don/Nuno with.

Some come on here just to moan regardless. That much is clear.

Ndombele was doing well last season in a team of shitters up until Masonfraud benched him for his Instagram mate Winks

He was, but it seems that players weren't required to be particularly fit. It does seem as though most of Ndombele's problems stem from his appetite for food and lack of appetite for training and running.

Certainly in midfield and at the back we have more depth. Brining in younger players increases our energy and should stop us shipping stupid late goals like last season.

Losing Bale and Vanicius means we may be lacking goals - however the January window can be used to address this if injuries affect us. The reintroduction of Dele will almost certainly produce goals.

Goal
Lloris / Hart
vs
Lloris / Gollini

Center Back
Dier / Toby / Rodon / Sanchez
vs
Dier / Romero / Rodon / Sanchez

Right Back
Aurier / Doherty
vs
Emerson / Tanganga / Doherty

Left Back
Reguillon /Davies
vs
Reguillon /Davies

Defensive Midfield
Holjberg / Winks / Sissoko
vs
Holjberg / Winks / Skipp / Sarr (on loan)

Attacking Mid
Ndombele / Lo Celso / Alli
vs

Wing forwards
Son / Bergjwin / Lamela / Moura / Bale
vs
Son / Bergjwin / Gil / Moura / Sessegnon

Striker
Kane / Vinicius
vs
Kane / Scarlett
LOLOLOLLOLOL

Center Back
Dier / Toby / Rodon / Sanchez
vs
Dier / Romero / Rodon / Sanchez

2 of those players are dog-shit, 1 is unknown, 1 is meant to be good.

Marginal upgrade

Defensive Midfield
Holjberg / Winks / Sissoko
vs
Holjberg / Winks / Skipp / Sarr (on loan)

Skipp is good but nowhere near a class player yet. Sarr is not even here! Marginal upgrade

Attacking Mid
vs

No change

Wing forwards
Son / Bergjwin / Lamela / Moura / Bale
vs
Son / Bergjwin / Gil / Moura / Sessegnon

Bale is a massive loss - that's 15-20 goals + assists gone

Neither Bergfraud not Gil nor Sess would match those numbers! No upgrade here in perhaps the most important position- massive fuck up here

Striker
Kane / Vinicius
vs
Kane / Scarlett

Shocking - massive fuck up. We are one injury away from a mid-table team

The main method to improve from last season is always about improving our existing players, instead of expecting too much from lavish new signings

I know is just 3 games, but I do not think is just luck. The formation and discipline have been consistent. It will last alot longer than most may think.

And we still have arguably the best strike force in Europe (and probably the world), apart from PSG.

Emerson and Romero will enable us to play up from the back too.

Am positive about this season.
I agree somewhat however it isn't much different to last season.

Jose had us on top of the table. We started off as One of the fittest teams in the league. Players were motivated. One or two injuries later and we were fumbling.

Dele was lazy (even by his own admission). Dier lost confidence, Sanchez..... (You know the story). Harry openly said the team lacks Leaders.

Now we bought Gil, Emerson, Romano, Gollini and Sarr. They all are young. Not one is a Leader. They could be in a few seasons but right now they need leadership.

Spurs is in a downward Spiral. Anyone who believes differently is delusional and should just look at our fellow team down the road. Big Stadium after reasonable success, now bottom of the table. You need young talent but you also need some experience to steady the ship. Levy just looks at purchase price and future predicted value. There are a few 'Oldies' around that could steady the ship but that doesn't make business sense. We let Alderweireld go, imagine what he would have been able to do with a faster Ramano by his side.

We just have to face facts. Enjoy the football we see. Remember we are an investment so financial growth comes first. Football comes second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom