Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, he’s a very promising player and if I’m not mistaken last season for his first in Serie A. He is however still a player for the future as opposed to the present. With us already having Sessegnon, Clarke and Bergwijn do we really need another player who’s going to take 2-3 years to get up to speed? We need at least 1 if not 2 players who will contribute 10-15+ goals/assists.

Daamsgard is not a Nkoudou or Clarke. He has scored 2 international goals (even if its against Moldova) in his 2 starts. He is part of Euro squad and is trusted. Just going by last season alone...he can do a Lamela job easily (of pressing opponents winning & countering) now, not in 2 yrs . There is so much more upside to him left.

If we can take care of all priorities and say we have 15m left, I would certainly look at him.

Nothing can go wrong making a transfer based on international tournament performance!

:llorisunsure:

I didn’t like the look of him that game. Far too similar to Lamela. All flash no substance, couldn’t beat a man, horrifically one footed and his finishing was woeful.
I think he’d bomb in the PL.

His stats are impressive. Never heard of him before yesterday but should be on show at 20:00 tomorrow when Italy play the Swiss.
I have no opinion on him but that tweet framing is a disaster-class in recruitment. International football is a terrible data point for player recruitment at the club level.

His stats are impressive. Never heard of him before yesterday but should be on show at 20:00 tomorrow when Italy play the Swiss.
Stats padded a bit, has scored a lot of penalties. He's a good player, I'd like us to get somebody younger and more athletic.

This is why modern football is depressing.

I don't care what stats some one boasts.
Any bang average player can be made to look good with certain stats and any quality player can be made to look bad the same way.

The not so amusing part of Madueke's story is that I understand he's effectively replaced Bergwijn in the PSV line-up, and is now interesting Dortmund as the replacement for Jadon Sancho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom