Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the half ludicrous part , I can’t wait
I don’t know - the thought of Ronaldo wanting to play in a Spurs jersey? The thought of Levy making a splash on a 36 year old?

Ronaldo seems to be making himself available though and given he’s at the tail end of his career, I don’t see the “big clubs” going to make a run for him. Nuno has also got that Portuguese connection so maybe some points for us there?

But back to the point, the addition of Ronaldo could instantly save the club and turn us into contenders right away.

A front three of Son Kane Ronaldo… not sure if there are many players that wouldn’t want to play for us with those three

I don’t know - the thought of Ronaldo wanting to play in a Spurs jersey? The thought of Levy making a splash on a 36 year old?

Ronaldo seems to be making himself available though and given he’s at the tail end of his career, I don’t see the “big clubs” going to make a run for him. Nuno has also got that Portuguese connection so maybe some points for us there?

But back to the point, the addition of Ronaldo could instantly save the club and turn us into contenders right away.

A front three of Son Kane Ronaldo… not sure if there are many players that wouldn’t want to play for us with those three
PSG would just sign him up on higher wages if he left Juve. It’s not realistic.

Years ago I would have rolled my eyes but now having the best Asian player in the world in our squad I'm happy for us to go back to the signings which put Paul Mitchell on the map.

I would much rather a disciplined and hungry defender than an instagram hero who acts like they are above us when they really aren't.

Only 22 too. That he can play RB or CB means this looks like we are heading in a positive direction. Fingers crossed we don't fuck it up at the finish line over the price of a replica shirt.

Not sure at 29 years old.

Probably what we need as a back-up - reliable experienced player - it will be a retirement home for him, three year's salary for bench warming - but gives us the chance to progress the two kids.

Won't get anything back when he's 32 so 30m is probably all we should be spending on a reserve. There are a few good options see what Nuno's connections can unearth.

Probably what we need as a back-up - reliable experienced player - it will be a retirement home for him, three year's salary for bench warming - but gives us the chance to progress the two kids.

Won't get anything back when he's 32 so 30m is probably all we should be spending on a reserve.
I think £30M is too much to spend on a reserve at the end of his career.

Need someone younger who we can develop. ECL, despite being a useless competition, does give us that opportunity.

I think £30M is too much to spend on a reserve at the end of his career.

Need someone younger who we can develop. ECL, despite being a useless competition, does give us that opportunity.

Yeah it is an interesting one.

Younger players would ideally be getting loads of minutes having lumps kicked out of them in the lower leagues. Older ones come with an ego and drama not to mention on the decline.

Think Fernando Llorente vs Troy Parrot. Not sure who I'd rather but probably the worst decision is to have nobody at all.

I'd probably opt for an older head who is a positive influence on the dressing room who has a view to go into management. Like a Joe Hart only less shit.

PRIORITY.....OUTPOSSIBLE OUTPOSSIBLE INPRIORITY........IN
Bale ✓
Vinicius ✓
Lamela
LucasATTACKRW/ Backup ST
(Ideally one who can play both??)
SissokoWinks (would be definite out if not HG)MIDFIELDKessié
(Only if 2 mids sold, 7 mids is too many)
Skipp ✓
AurierWING BACK/FBSessegnon ✓
Attacking RWB:
Dumfries/ Baku
Foyth (£13M ✓)
Dier
Sanchez
Toby (wants to leave, depends on attitude)CENTRE BACKAndersen
Vestegaard
Milenkovic
Tomiyasu (~✓)
C. Romero
Skriniar

Last edited:
PRIORITY..SALEPOSSIBLE SALEPOSSIBLE BUYPRIORITY...BUY
LamelaLucasATTACK RW/ Backup ST
(Ideally one who can play both??)
SissokoWinks (would be definite if not HG)MIDFIELDKessié (Only if 2 mids sold, otherwise 7 mids... is too many)
AurierWING BACK/FBAttacking RWB: Dumfries/ Baku ?
Foyth (£13M ✓)
Dier
Sanchez
Toby (wants to leave, but depends on attitude)CENTRE BACKAndersen
Vestegaard
Milenkovic
Tomiyasu (~✓ @£18M, RCB)
C. Romero

Hope this table is useful.
Loans from last year: Sessegnon & Skipp IN, Bale & Vinicius OUT.
Regarding the top right corner of your spreadsheet

Ronaldo solves this.

Few know this.

Fans screaming for a rebuild....and then demanding we sign Ings (29 years old with bad knee), Pjanic (31 years old) and Seferovic (29 years old).

If we are rebuilding the squad, we shouldn't be signing anyone over the age of 26 for the starting 11. We already have too many old players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom