Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Conte wanted 100m plus guaranteed for transfers independent of players sold. We can still buy players over 20m, it'll just be dependent on what we sell. ((Which is another story))
As I understood, he wanted 100 million plus Kane to Stay. If Kane was sold, his money was to be allocated outside of the 100 million.

I don't see Levy selling at acceptable prices. He wants 30 million for Winks and for Davies.

I'm the most excited about the profile of the Japanese lad. Its the kind of signing that got as competing. Hungry players young and physically fit. The dream for me is (if Kane goes) Vlahovic and Ings. Even if Kane stays get Vlahovic and bed him in as his replacement. Then we need young quality wide player to replace Lamela. My preference is Damsgaurd. Centerback is a real conundrum not sold on the Serbian lad he is very poor in the air Kounde looks to me just out of reach. But I'd look for mobility pace and composure as an essential especially if the Anderson deal is as far along as I'm told.

When it says that the "Holy Spirit" (Espirito Santo) wants you, Kounde may wonder for what reason...?

On another note: I'd rather have Milan Skriniar (if that was a possibility)...
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Kounde is a very talented player but he is also extremely short. It’s a big handicap for a center back.
true but if we're a back three he'll likely have Rodon + another (Skriniar, imagine!!) beside him.

Also funnily enough he won a header against Ronaldo in the France - Portugal game.

Surely Santo has to be asking for Jesus from ManCity.
Why?

29 starts (7 sub) and only 9 goals (in the league). For Man City.

Hardly impressive.

Just as, while he looks like he has some talent, he's never looked a top player to me at all.

If we do have to do business with City, Id want straight cash and a lot of it.

If player swaps were to be part of it, Mahrez is the one that makes sense.

And we'll use the cash to buy a proper striker.

Kounde is a very talented player but he is also extremely short. It’s a big handicap for a center back.
Even in a back 3?

Genuinely know little of him, but I do appreciate if we were to move to back 3 it can cover the inadequacies of players in certain ways

Depends what his jump is like, some small defenders of elite level have insane jumps. Puyol, Carvalho did well and if he was playing next to Rodon who is huge that would balance it out.

When it says that the "Holy Spirit" (Espirito Santo) wants you, Kounde may wonder for what reason...?

On another note: I'd rather have Milan Skriniar (if that was a possibility)...
Has Skriniar ever given any hope to a move. All he's said is how desperate he is to stay at Milan.

Why?

29 starts (7 sub) and only 9 goals (in the league). For Man City.

Hardly impressive.

Just as, while he looks like he has some talent, he's never looked a top player to me at all.

If we do have to do business with City, Id want straight cash and a lot of it.

If player swaps were to be part of it, Mahrez is the one that makes sense.

And we'll use the cash to buy a proper striker.

Even in a back 3?

Genuinely know little of him, but I do appreciate if we were to move to back 3 it can cover the inadequacies of players in certain ways
Has to be asking for Neto if he has any sense. Front three of Neto Kane Son would make some music.

Has Skriniar ever given any hope to a move. All he's said is how desperate he is to stay at Milan.

Obv no quotes pinch of salt etc etc

"Skriniar himself was believed to be keen on a switch to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium but it was Inter Milan's valuation of their player that put an end to a deal between the clubs."

I wouldn't Kounde will fill more of the holes we have .Skrinar was a Jose low block signing, a competent Eric Dire if you like. Both would really sort out our back three though...
Don't know about that. Skriniar is a spare man at the back defender. Once someone is pushed onto him, he does a cracking impersonation of a shit Davinson Sanchez.

Watch how Skriniar coped when he was up against Kyle Lafferty in the Euro qualifier. Utter panic and sheer luck Slovakia got through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom