Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obv no quotes pinch of salt etc etc

"Skriniar himself was believed to be keen on a switch to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium but it was Inter Milan's valuation of their player that put an end to a deal between the clubs."
Type "Skriniar wants to stay at Inter" and check how many reports with quotes there are.

Depends what his jump is like, some small defenders of elite level have insane jumps. Puyol, Carvalho did well and if he was playing next to Rodon who is huge that would balance it out.
Indeed. I know every one always beats him up on here, but Lucas regularly jumps higher to win headers than people who are a good 6+ inches taller than him! So it can be done! :)

Why?

29 starts (7 sub) and only 9 goals (in the league). For Man City.

Hardly impressive.

Just as, while he looks like he has some talent, he's never looked a top player to me at all.

If we do have to do business with City, Id want straight cash and a lot of it.

If player swaps were to be part of it, Mahrez is the one that makes sense.

And we'll use the cash to buy a proper striker.

Even in a back 3?

Genuinely know little of him, but I do appreciate if we were to move to back 3 it can cover the inadequacies of players in certain ways
Yeah that’s what I said. In a back 3 it won’t be a big problem. Will have other two big center backs with him.

I don't believe for a minute we are spending 50 million on any single player, let alone that much in total. The only way I'd believe it is if we had a number of outgoing players to finance it all, but that doesn't appear to be happening.

Don't know about that. Skriniar is a spare man at the back defender. Once someone is pushed onto him, he does a cracking impersonation of a shit Davinson Sanchez.

Watch how Skriniar coped when he was up against Kyle Lafferty in the Euro qualifier. Utter panic and sheer luck Slovakia got through.
I think we just said the same thing. Hence me calling him a competent Dier and preferring Kounde

Is he though really??

Would any of the Top 6 + Leicester go for him? and if they did would you be impressed?

we've wasted so much money over the years! we have a really poor defenece - Toby and Dier likely being moved on we need 2 CBs we should be going all out for 2 of the Kounde/Skriniar/Milenkovic Category

not 2 of the Anderson/Vestergaard/Coady category.

I fully accept with Kounde for eg, he's not gonna want to come okay, but throw enough Money at Skriniar and he probably would. we need to be looking at really top CBs not lads who struggled at Southampton.

tell me if I'm wrong or being harsh.
To be honest he is probably one of those players ( a bit like Jonny Evans at Leicester) that we would turn our noses at but put them with the right pairing in defence and they will do a decent job for a few years. An older head with a younger player to complement alongside. Our defence is so unsettled though at the moment with no regular, I don't know if this would work.

I'm the most excited about the profile of the Japanese lad. Its the kind of signing that got as competing. Hungry players young and physically fit. The dream for me is (if Kane goes) Vlahovic and Ings. Even if Kane stays get Vlahovic and bed him in as his replacement. Then we need young quality wide player to replace Lamela. My preference is Damsgaurd. Centerback is a real conundrum not sold on the Serbian lad he is very poor in the air Kounde looks to me just out of reach. But I'd look for mobility pace and composure as an essential especially if the Anderson deal is as far along as I'm told.
Good luck with getting Vlahovic to come to Spurs to be Kane's understudy and get Levy/Lewis to pay £50+ for a sub...

Is he though really??

Would any of the Top 6 + Leicester go for him? and if they did would you be impressed?

we've wasted so much money over the years! we have a really poor defenece - Toby and Dier likely being moved on we need 2 CBs we should be going all out for 2 of the Kounde/Skriniar/Milenkovic Category

not 2 of the Anderson/Vestergaard/Coady category.

I fully accept with Kounde for eg, he's not gonna want to come okay, but throw enough Money at Skriniar and he probably would. we need to be looking at really top CBs not lads who struggled at Southampton.

tell me if I'm wrong or being harsh.
Agreed. We are only in for Vestergard because he only has a year left on his contract. Average mid-table standard defender.

Imagine how depressed Kane will be coming back to Spurs after winning the Euros playing alongside all those great players only to be greeted by Nuno and Sissoko.

I struggle to see how he gets motivated for another season with us with no real significant investment. Okay we may sign a couple of defenders that make us more solid and maybe we have enough to squeeze into the top 4 but we are not winning anything.

I think a Euro victory will give him the taste for silverware and while it's all nicey nicey now I can see it turning and him forcing the club's hand later in the window.

I don't take much from those quotes on Nuno/Paratici either, typical media trained neutrality.
Don't worry about that. Italy will win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom