Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worth what money? His value is around 22m and he's on 70k a week. A 3 year contract would cost us 35m - which we would never be able recoup through a sale.

He's 30 next season. Not really one for a squad rebuild!

We already have a squad full of senior players, anyone we buy must be 25 at most.

Poch started with one of the youngest average age teams in the prem and built that team up. We need to give Nuno the same oppertunity.

As near as you can get to guaranteeing a couple of year's PL goals for a reasonable fee whilst a younger ST settles in.

Yeah, bloke who played 46 times for Juve last season who they bought just 4 months ago, making the loan deal permanent is available for sale.

Ok.
According to Calciomercato, Fabio Paratici is keen to bring Juventus midfielder Weston McKennie to Tottenham Hotspur this summer.

It’s claimed that whilst McKennie enjoyed a decent first season with Juventus but isn’t considered ‘non-transferrable’ at this point in time.

With Juventus targeting Manuel Locatelli, the Turin giants could axe another midfielder – and McKennie is thought to be one player potentially on the chopping block.

Genuinley dont think Italian sports journos are reliable at all. They come across to me just like the Turkish ones do, totally random unsubstantiated links that neve rgo anywhere...

Is he though really??

Would any of the Top 6 + Leicester go for him? and if they did would you be impressed?

we've wasted so much money over the years! we have a really poor defenece - Toby and Dier likely being moved on we need 2 CBs we should be going all out for 2 of the Kounde/Skriniar/Milenkovic Category

not 2 of the Anderson/Vestergaard/Coady category.

I fully accept with Kounde for eg, he's not gonna want to come okay, but throw enough Money at Skriniar and he probably would. we need to be looking at really top CBs not lads who struggled at Southampton.

tell me if I'm wrong or being harsh.

Leicester did try for him in Jan 2020 window and didnt push through.
Yes, other top clubs in UK may not go for him. But then they have the money to spend. We are skint and looking for value deals at present. United, City, Chelsea dont look at these deals. Liverpool does look at value deals but age isnt for them.

I am not saying go buy Vestergaard. But for me, he is not the worst option for us. We have Eric Dier playing CB. Vestergaard is actual defender who wants to defend and not leave balls inside 6 yard area.

Milenkovic :
Have you seen Milenkovic play ? He is in SerieA for 4 seasons now - none of the top club (who usually after young defenders) have wanted him...He has no CL experience , no PL experience -even EL only played 2 qualifiers for Partizan Belgrade. He has been found wanting at International level as well.
I think Milenkovic is just agent talk - I really dont expect us to sign him.

Leicester did try for him in Jan 2020 window and didnt push through.
Yes, other top clubs in UK may not go for him. But then they have the money to spend. We are skint and looking for value deals at present. United, City, Chelsea dont look at these deals. Liverpool does look at value deals but age isnt for them.

I am not saying go buy Vestergaard. But for me, he is not the worst option for us. We have Eric Dier playing CB. Vestergaard is actual defender who wants to defend and not leave balls inside 6 yard area.

Milenkovic :
Have you seen Milenkovic play ? He is in SerieA for 4 seasons now - none of the top club (who usually after young defenders) have wanted him...He has no CL experience , of PL experience -even EL only played 2 qualifiers for Partizan Belgrade. He has been found wanting at International level as well.
I think Milenkovic is just agent talk - I really dont expect us to sign him.
Milenkovic is worryingly similar to Dier in terms of how he switches off too much

Not sure I want him at all after watching a bit of him

Genuinley dont think Italian sports journos are reliable at all. They come across to me just like the Turkish ones do, totally random unsubstantiated links that neve rgo anywhere...
Apparently it was Paratici that brought him to Juventus, I guess that's the crux of the report, and that he's like Dembele. Also there is the language thing (USA).

I don't want either Vestergaard or Milenkovic

Andersen Meh . I think he's overrated. Watched 2 games he played . One v Southampton and one v Burnley so 2 different types of opponent. In both games he did nothing particularly good and struggled with both Chris Wood and Che Adams (two different types of striker).

Most people are basing him off a good game v Liverpool where he was good but ultimately all players can have good games e.g. Dier in Cup final.

Basically I don't want any of the 3 them but if I had to chose I'd take Andersen. He'd seem well suited to being the central defender in a back 3. Tbh I'd actually prefer his teammate Adarabioyo more because he's homegrown , left-footed and I feel has more potential.

I've read we're being associated with Weston McKennie from Juventus.

Is there any reason that we aren't scooping up young talent from MLS the way some of the German clubs and Salzburg are? I understand there is a link between NYRB, Salzburg, and Leipzig but still.

Caden Clark is heading to Leipzig from NYRB after the MLS season.

Brendan Aaronson has gone to Salzburg from Philadelphia at 19 and stepped in to provide 5 goals & 5 assists in 20 matches. From everything I have heard from people who study and scout US soccer, his younger brother Paxten is better. Gianluca Busio, Julian Araujo, and Daryl Dike who scored 9 for Barnsley on loan from Orlando in 19 matches could all be worth looking at.

Surely there is some attraction to MLS clubs to sell their youngsters to Europe with an agreement for a loan back to them for a season, them we loan them out to a Championship side for a year?

Is there any reason that we aren't scooping up young talent from MLS the way some of the German clubs and Salzburg are? I understand there is a link between NYRB, Salzburg, and Leipzig but still.

Caden Clark is heading to Leipzig from NYRB after the MLS season.

Brendan Aaronson has gone to Salzburg from Philadelphia at 19 and stepped in to provide 5 goals & 5 assists in 20 matches. From everything I have heard from people who study and scout US soccer, his younger brother Paxten is better. Gianluca Busio, Julian Araujo, and Daryl Dike who scored 9 for Barnsley on loan from Orlando in 19 matches could all be worth looking at.

Surely there is some attraction to MLS clubs to sell their youngsters to Europe with an agreement for a loan back to them for a season, them we loan them out to a Championship side for a year?
Maybe that will change under Paratici. I assume he originally scooped up McKennie from MLS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom