Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kane
Son - Ndombele - Lo Celso
Højbjerg - Skipp
Reguilòn - ???? - Alderweireld - ????
Lloris​

I mean. That’s a pretty solid set of players. I know we were shite last year but I can’t help but think that with a more progressive brand of football, that lot would cause issues.

I just hope that we’ll be able to sign ???? and ???? to plug our biggest weaknesses.

And I’m starting to doubt Kane is going anywhere this year just because he has three years left on his contract. Unless City offer £150m I highly doubt Levy will budge.
Hercules did mention we were looking at ????, but about ???? I haven't seen any rumors.

Top tier nickname

mr bean GIF
Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb your not even allowed to use his name. And certainly don't post his picture you were the one who bocked the lovely Graham Potter when he was nailed on (in our minds) to be next head coach 😡

Vestergaard will be 29 by the time the season kicks off. Wouldn't we rather spend a bit (or more) extra on a younger, more talented player that will also have some resale value and probably cost less in wages?
Not really advocating Vestergaard specifically, but the concept of getting in an experienced head to help the younger defenders transition over the next season or so isnt the worst.

Especially if like Vestergaard its a cheap deal, so no real financial loss.

Lets be honest if we show enough ambition to pay the fee for Kounde (doubtful) I'm sure we could sell him the project and he'd join (££££££££££)

Lets be honest if we show enough ambition to pay the fee for Kounde (doubtful) I'm sure we could sell him the project and he'd join (££££££££££)
No, I'm sure I've seen this before, the player himself isn't interested, so we'll agree a fee with Sevilla no problem, then piss around for weeks hassling him as he repeatedly tells us to piss off.

It's when the player is attainable that we'll faff around haggling with his club.

No, I'm sure I've seen this before, the player himself isn't interested, so we'll agree a fee with Sevilla no problem, then piss around for weeks hassling him as he repeatedly tells us to piss off.

It's when the player is attainable that we'll faff around haggling with his club.
So lads hear me out: we have the best ground and training facilities in Europe( the Danes were raving about it). We have unquestionably one of the worlds best centerforwards. The captain of the world champions a squad with current French Danish and Argentine international players. We are listed as the 9th most valuable side in the world. We were champions league finalists two years ago. Now we are a second tier club? Its Bollocks, the perception of Spurs is set by only one thing...Daniel Levy's reluctance to back his managers adequately is so apparent now players have stopped believing we want to challenge. We actually owe Conte he has shone a massive light on the con being perpetrated.

Last edited:
So lads hear me out: we have the best ground and traing facilities in Europe( the Danes were raving about it). We have unquestionably one of the worlds best centerforwards. The captain of the world champions a squad with current French Danish and Argentine international players. We are listed as the 9th most valuable side in the world. We were champions league finalists two years ago. Now we are a second tier club? Its Bollocks, the perception of Spurs is set by only one thing...Daniel Levy reluctance to back his managers adequately is so apparent now players have stopped believing we want to challenge. We actually owe Conte he has shone a massive light on the con being perpetrated.

It's all very good being the 9th richest team, but when you're - at the same time - only the 5th richest in your league it puts a different spin on things in terms of expected trophy haul and 'glamour'.......

We're richer than BVB yet they're pretty much guaranteed CL and an outsider's tilt at the BL title every season.... Italy, France, Holland similar.

Vestergaard will be 29 by the time the season kicks off. Wouldn't we rather spend a bit (or more) extra on a younger, more talented player that will also have some resale value and probably cost less in wages?
Yes, in my opinion. But I was more commenting on people all watching the same match last night, yet drawing completely different conclusions about his performance in that specific match. Funny how we can all watch the same match, yet judge one player's performance so differently...

If Lamela is fit, it will be like a new signing.
When you look at it like that, and consider that we say that every summer, perhaps we should be pleased with that bit of business. He may have cost about £30m, but he's actually been a new signing every season, so we've actually had about 7 new signings out of him for that money. Not bad, about £4m per new signing. :/

Woolwich on the verge of signing Ben White and Locatelli, will be £90M combined.

We're currently haggling for a Bologna RB who is 20 million Euros...

How can we possibly not be in the running for Locatelli?

Criminal from Levycunt and Paratici - what the fuck are we doing?

Last edited:

Woolwich on the verge of signing Ben White and Locatelli, will be £90M combined.

We're currently haggling for a Bologna RB who is 20 million Euros...

Locatelli: "In talks....."

So they're no further foward than we are with a number of our links......

White: "Close..... Personal terms agreed"

Much like us and Tommy then........

Nothing to moan about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom