Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pulled one off today that I found embarrassly obvious.
Part of the reason I'm a Spurs fan is that we Love winning but we Love 'The Game' more. I've seen us ridicule Kane when he took the soft option for us.

I absolutely hate seeing the 'Honour' in football die. Maradonna's 'Hand of God' will forever cast a dark shadow on his brilliance. It's the reason Neymar will never be brilliant because of his diving and, in My opinion, Ronaldo isn't the best because of his time on the ground.

The way male footballers react kills the game.

Just about sums it up.

Part of the reason I'm a Spurs fan is that we Love winning but we Love 'The Game' more. I've seen us ridicule Kane when he took the soft option for us.

I absolutely hate seeing the 'Honour' in football die. Maradonna's 'Hand of God' will forever cast a dark shadow on his brilliance. It's the reason Neymar will never be brilliant because of his diving and, in My opinion, Ronaldo isn't the best because of his time on the ground.

The way male footballers react kills the game.

Just about sums it up.

I see what you're saying, but I don't see how it stops them being great footballers in your eyes. It's a bit like saying a certain Adolf from many years ago wasn't a great public speaker. He definitely was. He was also a complete cunt. The two things aren't mutually exclusive. For me, Ronaldo (for example) is one of the very best ever, plus separate to that he has also spent too much time rolling around on the ground. The latter doesn't stop him being one of the greatest, most talented players ever. :/

Anyway we're going a bit off topic here - we're meant to be discussing potential transfers, and for me the suggestion of Sterling to Spurs is simply too ridiculously unrealistic to even be mentioned on this thread! :)

Back on topic, with so many defenders linked, I wonder who our preferred choice(s) would be from those linked? If people at work would stop sending me damn emails (damn work getting in the way of Spurs chat... 😄 ) I might work out how to do a poll on it...

I'm not sure I like the sound of "...confident of signing him this month" - that suggests this could drag on for another few weeks, allowing other clubs to get involved and potentially screwing up the whole deal. If everyone is happy and just finalising terms, how on earth can the finishing line still potentially be so far away? :/

EDIT: Could just be lazy journalism I suppose - he might just mean 'imminently' or 'within days'...

Football insider

I see what you're saying, but I don't see how it stops them being great footballers in your eyes. It's a bit like saying a certain Adolf from many years ago wasn't a great public speaker. He definitely was. He was also a complete cunt. The two things aren't mutually exclusive. For me, Ronaldo (for example) is one of the very best ever, plus separate to that he has also spent too much time rolling around on the ground. The latter doesn't stop him being one of the greatest, most talented players ever. :/

Anyway we're going a bit off topic here - we're meant to be discussing potential transfers, and for me the suggestion of Sterling to Spurs is simply too ridiculously unrealistic to even be mentioned on this thread! :)
Not often you see any praise for Hitler...

bold GIF

Kane
Son - Ndombele - Lo Celso
Højbjerg - Skipp
Reguilòn - ???? - Alderweireld - ????
Lloris​

I mean. That’s a pretty solid set of players. I know we were shite last year but I can’t help but think that with a more progressive brand of football, that lot would cause issues.

I just hope that we’ll be able to sign ???? and ???? to plug our biggest weaknesses.

And I’m starting to doubt Kane is going anywhere this year just because he has three years left on his contract. Unless City offer £150m I highly doubt Levy will budge.

Interesting to see such polarised views on him from last night's game - it seems half the people on here thought he was great, the other half thought he was terrible. Personally I think he did alright, certainly commanding and clearly enjoys defending...
It's quite simple.
Players TFC posters have never heard of and who play in piss poor foreign leagues and cost £50 million are all good,
Players who have proved themselves as decent/good in England are champo rubbish.
Defenders with English experience are slow and/or fat.
The foreigners are always lightning fast and skilful.

Interesting to see such polarised views on him from last night's game - it seems half the people on here thought he was great, the other half thought he was terrible. Personally I think he did alright, certainly commanding and clearly enjoys defending...
He did well, the whole Denmark defence did well and England didn't really create much in 120 mins tbh

Son for 17M is an insanely good deal too.
Looking at it in retrospect, yes - but it wasn't always like that. I remember that a few seasons ago Spurs almost sold him as Son himself wanted to leave - as he was "struggling" in the EPL - but Pochettino managed to have him change his mind about leaving

It's quite simple.
Players TFC posters have never heard of and who play in piss poor foreign leagues and cost £50 million are all good,
Players who have proved themselves as decent/good in England are champo rubbish.
Defenders with English experience are slow and/or fat.
The foreigners are always lightning fast and skilful.
Facts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom