Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like he wants us to offer him more wages with comments like that. Pay footballers enough and they’ll move to any team.
Dunno, lots of players have genuine sporting ambition. He probably thinks he's good enough for Barca/Madrid/City and would hope for a move like that to materialize before he considers a European conference league team

Dun dun duuuunn

Spurs are never paying €80m for him and there are no direct quotes from him at all, just pure speculation from that said site (although it's true that Spurs are NOT a top European team).

They are not willing to lower their €80m demands, but the suitors are thinning out, with the likes of Manchester City, Bayern Munich, Liverpool and PSG having signed other players in the same position.

However, El Desmarque say that for the Frenchman, they are one of the teams ‘in the second-tier’ and so do ‘not completely satisfy’ him.

I see what you're saying, but I don't see how it stops them being great footballers in your eyes. It's a bit like saying a certain Adolf from many years ago wasn't a great public speaker. He definitely was. He was also a complete cunt. The two things aren't mutually exclusive. For me, Ronaldo (for example) is one of the very best ever, plus separate to that he has also spent too much time rolling around on the ground. The latter doesn't stop him being one of the greatest, most talented players ever. :/

Anyway we're going a bit off topic here - we're meant to be discussing potential transfers, and for me the suggestion of Sterling to Spurs is simply too ridiculously unrealistic to even be mentioned on this thread! :)
I said Ronaldo isn't the best because of his diving. But he is one of the best. The post was just highlighting what I believe is Spurs DNA and not wanting any thought of Sterling at Spurs

We need Maxence Lacroix
Top tier nickname

mr bean GIF

Interesting to see such polarised views on him from last night's game - it seems half the people on here thought he was great, the other half thought he was terrible. Personally I think he did alright, certainly commanding and clearly enjoys defending...
Vestergaard will be 29 by the time the season kicks off. Wouldn't we rather spend a bit (or more) extra on a younger, more talented player that will also have some resale value and probably cost less in wages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom