Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very good goalscorer, not even the cleanest striker of a ball but excellent positionally and can score with his head. Would likely cost 40m. I really don't like his general play, not a player I enjoy watching, but will probably be a reliable goalscorer at Sevilla and wherever else he ends up because he's smart around the box.

Back up? ...ST partner? ...Replacement (gulp)?

Back up? ...ST partner? ...Replacement (gulp)?
Honestly, probably just bs clickbait. Hope we're not in for him anyway, if we keep Kane any attacker we sign should be able to play RW and preferably left footed.

If we sell Kane I do get a strong feeling Paratici would go for Vlahovic. Or Icardi ...

Okedina one of a six youngsters handed Tottenham pre-season chance by Nuno

If you know Levy, here is the real agenda. All these transfer links are simply smoke and mirrors. He wants younger players in as backup and doesn't seem to want to get rid of deadwood. Nuno, it appears, has bought into this strategy. I'm all for youngsters being groomed for the EPL but this needs to be done in phases. You cant Bring in 6 at once.
Why? Doubt they will be any worse than Winks, Sissoko, Aurier, Dier, Sanchez etc - at the v least they will bring energy and enthusiasm

Isn't that what Aubameyang said about us too before he ended up at the Scum?
:kanehand:

But he has never forgotten the way he was treated by Spurs when he was on the verge of joining them in 2012.
Aubameyang said: “I was at Tottenham back then, had a tour of the stadium and the training ground.
“We held talks, but after that nobody contacted me again.
“That’s definitely extra motivation for me on Wednesday.”

Winks as a target to replace Fred and McTominay? What on earth

I'm honestly fascinated to see Winks in another team. Never really watched much of him with England.
Fred and McTominay are both better than Winks. And most Utd fans despise them. They would have a coronary if they watched Winks playing.

I've no interest in seeing him play for any club TBH, he is just a shit footballer. At a lesser club he'll be less noticeably shit because the team he's playing in will be closer to his level.

All our exciting youth fucked off years ago, so now Levy decides to force the Manager to use the academy...
We never had any real exciting youth tbf.

The stick that so many people used to beat Poch with “he didn’t use the yoof enough” was and still is bollocks.
Our academy is extremely shit, likely run by a load of cheap, yes men coaches.

Some won’t like to hear that but it’s the truth.

The stick that so many people used to beat Poch with “he didn’t use the yoof enough” was and still is bollocks.

Not sure it's fair to say he should have played them more, but:

- KWP & Onomah's development were fucked up by not being given loans.
- Edwards situ was just a bit of a mess.
- Winks is by far a lesser player than he should have been, having been hampered by forcing him into the proverbial 'round hole'.
...And a few of the younger prospects wouldn't sign senior deals as they couldn't see a pathway (Madueke is set to be BVBs 'new Sancho'.)

Why such a scathing view on the youth coaches?

You clearly have no idea about Spurs Academy

For your information its rated as about 3rd or 4th in UK

Sadly Poch 'train but no play' ethos killed off the stream of Spurs youngsters coming through as 'squad players' - meaning we ended up buying squad players - yet when he arrived we had Mason, Bentaleb, Townsend, Carroll, Veljkovic and others, .... as well as Kane.. Sadly almost none when he left.

No, the likes of Onomah and Edwards, even Pritchard before them, were genuinely highly rated not just within the club but by the likes of City and Barca. KWP should have at least been a solid squad player at our level, Madueke bow looks to be heading to Dortmund.

The only one that we persisted with was Winks...

There is nothing coming through from the academy now that are as exciting as they were, so if you think they were rubbish, then the current crop is bleak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom