Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say he'll turn into a sulking diva type and down tools.

No but that's what that last guy was implying.

...Why else would the prospect of him being allegedly "disgruntled" even matter?

He always shows great professionalism.

But by definition, if he wants to move away from Spurs but that's being blocked, he is 'disgruntled', no?

Club have a minimum price-tag in mind..... That's yet to be met.

That's just how it is; we're not blocking him anymore than City not being prepared to pay 160m is blocking him......

Cozy Parker Cozy Parker 's financial argument is overlooking THAT part entirely; so the debate about whether or not we should accept 160m now rather than 100m next season is moot anyway.

No but that's what that last guy was implying.

...Why else would him being allegedly "disgruntled" matter?
I'm not sure what any other guy said, but you gave me Disagree for stating that you're wrong about him being disgruntled.

I am personally not happy at all by the antics of Kane and his camp's efforts to engineer this deal. In my opinion the deal should be £100M plus Ferran Torres.

Toby was class in the cup final though

I still think on his day he's our best defender

Always had issues in the air and pace is declining. Probably right time to sell but will be sad to see him go as he was very good. That 16/17 back 4 would now all be gone which is really sad to see.

Sad, but inevitable.... That's 5 seasons ago now.

How close are we though? I was hoping for a bit of ITK on that.
Sky Sports and multiple sources reported that we've bit 40 million euros plus 10 euros add ons. Atalanta's price according to Fabrizio Romano is 55 million euros.
So we're clearly very close, the negotiations now will be mostly over what proportion of the fee is add ons and how much is up front etc.

Sky Sports and multiple sources reported that we've bit 40 million euros plus 10 euros add ons. Atalanta's price according to Fabrizio Romano is 55 million euros.
So we're clearly very close, the negotiations now will be mostly over what proportion of the fee is add ons and how much is up front etc.
I guess.
Just the add ons thing I have my doubts about. I think they will want more of it as not add ons. But your right Spurs are in the same ballpark as the valuation. Hoping for some sort of upadte about the progress of the negotiations this weekend or if not then early next week.

What annoys me about Kane leaving, aside from the massive hole it would leave in our attack, is how many alternatives have been eroded during this window itself:

-Malen just signed for Dortmund
-Daka signed for Leicester
-Isak signed a new contract with Real Sociedad

The only possible suitable player left is Vlahovic, but ideally I'd have 2 promising young strikers coming in to replace Kane.

I'm not sure what any other guy said, but you gave me Disagree for stating that you're wrong about him being disgruntled.

I gave you a disagree because you stepped into someone else debate (argument?) and accused me of being in denial..... Far from it (see my subsequent explainations).

....No hard feelings I hope.

I am personally not happy at all by the antics of Kane and his camp's efforts to engineer this deal. In my opinion the deal should be £100M plus Ferran Torres.

Again...... That's kind of up to City..... So far all we have is an unconfirmed rumour of a 100m bid before the Euro's and a denial of the Sun article that claimed they'd agreed a deal for 160m.

I've said all along (IMO):

£150 cash
£200 part-exchange.
[ edit: But I'd rather he stayed. ]

I guess.
Just the add ons thing I have my doubts about. I think they will want more of it as not add ons. But your right Spurs are in the same ballpark as the valuation. Hoping for some sort of upadte about the progress of the negotiations this weekend or if not then early next week.
The Italian media have already moved on to rumours about who Atalanta will sign to replace him. Demiral to Atalanta rumours are hotting up.

The Italian media have already moved on to rumours about who Atalanta will sign to replace him. Demiral to Atalanta rumours are hotting up.
Nothing reliable unfortunately and that's what I was hoping for either some reliable ITK or one of the Fabrizio Romano style sources to give us an update.

I think your right though what you said in the previous post. Spurs are close on the price and given we're still relatively early in the window there will be a lot of time to negotiate I guess and we are close so hopefully..

I gave you a disagree because
You admire Igula so much you wanted to become more like him 👀

Again...... That's kind of up to City..... So far all we have is an unconfirmed rumour of a 100m bid before the Euro's and a denial of the Sun article that claimed they'd agreed a deal for 160m.
The £100m wasn't a bid but City informally sounding out Spurs... Levy gave a hard no.

The Sun £160m is being slightly misreported by the media (and weirdly even the Sun headline misreported their own article).
There was no reporting that £160m was accepted. The source at Kane's wedding said that Levy had told Kane that he had changed his mind and was going to sell him. The potential price was pure speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom