Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is we have no idea. We could buy Isak and Scarlett may end up the next Harry Kane with Isak the next Soldado. If it were me, I'd go for that young Czech kid Hlozek, get Ings to fill in for a couple of years, and hope in the meantime one of Hlozek or Scarlett develop into a really good striker.
I would differentiate between Isak & Vlahovic compared to Hlozek.

La Liga and Serie A are definitely much closer in quality to PL than the Czech league. Although of course there's a risk that they won't adjust like Soldado.

Hence I'd ideally want 2 promising young strikers as a replacement for Kane. Vlahovic is a must, but Isak may be much harder to prise away.
I'd way for Hlozek to prove himself at a better league first, as we already have a very young prospect in Scarlett.

With Toby gone and Sanchez seemingly out the door, two top CBs are surely coming in (this doesn't include Tomiyasu).

I reckon Don Fab gets the Kounde/Sanchez swap over the line.

Romero: £40m
Kounde: £30m plus Sanchez

70m outlay and get rid of Sanchez to land those two would be incredible.

Rodon, Tanganga as deputies with Dier 5th choice if we cant sell him. Not bad.
giphy.gif

We should have been making this sort of bet more often under Poch (buy players, wins stuff to pay for them) and we never really did.

The amount of money we make from getting into the Champions League, combined with the sort of players that we would be in position to attract, as well as the sponsorship opportunities, would make up for selling Kane for £70m rather than £120m.
You mean the Leeds United approach? No thanks.

He who will not learn from past mistakes is doomed to repeat them.

We should have been making this sort of bet more often under Poch (buy players, wins stuff to pay for them) and we never really did.

The amount of money we make from getting into the Champions League, combined with the sort of players that we would be in position to attract, as well as the sponsorship opportunities, would make up for selling Kane for £70m rather than £120m.
Massively - Levy should have lobbied Lewis to lend the club £300M in 2015/18 and gone balls deep. We could have secured CL, titles etc and it would have paid for itself short term and medium term

That's fine if we can't get in the top four without Kane but with Vlahovic.

I mean we could sell Kane now for £150m if we get a buyer, then buy Vlahovic , and still get in the top 4 and be better off financially and in the same league position.

Of course we can't predict where we will end up in the league next season but I don't think it will make much difference who are CF is out of those two. So it would be worth a try to pull it off, and have £50m that we otherwise would not have,

Unless Kane is going to stay for a long time other than one more year.
There's a good reason why Man City - and other "big" clubs - are after Kane rather than Vlahovic. You may be right that it wouldn't matter whether Kane or Vlahovic would spearhead Spurs' attack next season as then, of course, you would be right.
But, if we could predict that (i.e. that Vlahovic would have the same contribution as Kane coming season) then he would have been snapped up by Man City or Chelski or Man U anyway.
With Kane one is guaranteed 30+ goals in all competitions.

There's a good reason why Man City - and other "big" clubs - are after Kane rather than Vlahovic. You may be right that it wouldn't matter whether Kane or Vlahovic would spearhead Spurs' attack next season as then, of course, you would be right.
But, if we could predict that (i.e. that Vlahovic would have the same contribution as Kane coming season) then he would have been snapped up by Man City or Chelski or Man U anyway.
With Kane one is guaranteed 30+ goals in all competitions.
37 matches 21 goals last season for Vladovic, we can't outbid City for top players so we have to snap them up early doors.

Until we can afford a team full of Bale/Kane/Mordic/berbatov like players in their prime it's just the way the cookie crumbles.

So if it's going to happen, let it happen now and don't kick the can down the road, we had a good few years of prime Kane.

Think of it like this, the value of Kane is going to go down, the value of Vlad the impaler is going to increase.

Until we become a super rich club that's the status quo.

Is this irony/sarcasm?
I honestly don't think people actually understand what happened in the 5 or so years at Leeds in the late 90s/early 2000s. Not to mention a significantly different financial environment today.

If Spurs were going to go down it would look like what happened to Aston Villa 10 years ago, when they were finishing at or above Spurs for a couple seasons before slowly slipping down in the Championship. It won't be because the club can't pay it's loans and has to sell players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom