Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
We may just stave off relegation with that lot.

You're buying kids...is next season 2011/12 not 2021/22?

:avbcringe:

For a start, Andersen is 24. And on this season's form is a hell of a lot better than anything we have at the back. Konsa is 23 too, so hardly a kid. And again, is better than what we have right now.

I'd have Aarons over Aurier and especially Doherty every day of the week.

For a start, Andersen is 24. And on this season's form is a hell of a lot better than anything we have at the back. Konsa is 23 too, so hardly a kid. And again, is better than what we have right now.
We need solid experience at the back. We need to replace what Jan and Toby were...not with players who can replace them 3 seasons from now, but in August. We already have young CBs who can grow, adding more does nothing.

You want to give up in a 24 year old CB we've invested a fuck ton in to spend even more money on a 23 year old? No thank you. I want to win a trophy next season, I'm fucking tired of all this "project" bullshit and let's win the league 5 years from now. Sat through that bullshit twice now, haven't we?

We need solid experience at the back. We need to replace what Jan and Toby were...not with players who can replace them 3 seasons from now, but in August. We already have young CBs who can grow, adding more does nothing.

You want to give up in a 24 year old CB we've invested a fuck ton in to spend even more money on a 23 year old? No thank you. I want to win a trophy next season, I'm fucking tired of all this "project" bullshit and let's win the league 5 years from now. Sat through that bullshit twice now, haven't we?

Be prepared to be extremely dissapointed then. Realistically there's more chance of an alien invasion than us suddenly winning the title under Mourinho next season. We're a million miles away, and won't be able to sign the players we desperately need in the summer.

Andersen is playing well this season. No reason why a CB can’t do well aged 24.
Who do you propose we buy?

Be prepared to be extremely dissapointed then. Realistically there's more chance of an alien invasion than us suddenly winning the title under Mourinho next season. We're a million miles away, and won't be able to sign the players we desperately need in the summer.
There's more chance of an alien invasion interrupting our league title bus parade than there is of us buying a load of kids with potential for Mourinho not to coach.

There's more chance of an alien invasion interrupting our league title bus parade than there is of us buying a load of kids with potential for Mourinho not to coach.

Since when has 23/24 been young? It's a good age for a footballer. They're not learning the game but haven't reached their peaks yet.

Are you Mr. Miyagi?!

Since when has 23/24 been young? It's a good age for a footballer. They're not learning the game but haven't reached their peaks yet.

Are you Mr. Miyagi?!
Ok. Let's just keep buying potential. Especially now we've got a manager with no interest in developing potential. What could go wrong?!

I, too, enjoy FM.

:mourglasses:

HG players:
Unless something drops in our lap Hart stays.
100% leaving: Rose, Winks
90% : Dele
Europe yes/no : Bale yes/no.
IMO Tanganga and Whiteman both need loans. Likewise White and Parrott. Nearly certain Clarke gets another loan or may be sold.
Sessegnon and Skipp returning. Are they ready? Both qualify as U21 in both EPL and Europe I think.
Spursidol Spursidol will confirm. :rolleyes:
Surprise package RB Lavinier may feature in the EPL squad as U21. Maybe Europe?
Then there is LB Cirkin. He had a recent bereavement which seems to have curtailed his development. Maybe a loan?
Last but by no means least Devine and Scarlett...sky's the limit.
Might be another surprise from the academy.

Per UEFA Classifications for NEXT season :

Club Trained :
Kane, Winks, Tanganga, Whiteman (Bale if signed for next season)

Other Association Trained :
Hart (Dele if he stays, which seems uncertain) and outside chance Lavinier

U21's likely to be in first team squad - Sessegnon, Skipp

So if Winks left and Tanganga & Whiteman went on loan, the maximum we could have in a UEFA squad is :

17 Overseas Trained players plus Kane, plus Hart, Skipp and Sessegnon = 21 players or 22 players (if Bale re-signed next season) or 23 players (including Lavinier as RB/LB).

I think that's very very tight.

Whilst Tanganga would benefit from more regular playing, I see no real reason why he doesn't do that at Spurs (but manager needs to be willing).

I think Lavinier will only stay at Spurs (rather than a loan out) if he is played at Spurs for some part of last 10 games (not necessarily starts),

Underlying message though is that if we sell Dele and/or Winks we need to sign at least one player trained at club(s) affiliated to The FA (ie per UEFA criteria), as otherwise our squad is too small to play a full season's program of matches.

Sure there will be other u23 players such as Devine or Scarlett, but I don't see them playing meaningful number of minutes to class them as first team players likely to start in a number of matches. And most of our best u23's may well be out on loan to get experience unless they are planned to play meaningful number of minutes at Spurs next season, which seems unlikely.

Unless of course we take a Lampard approach and deliberately play a lot of youngsters.

Remember Jan and Toby? They were in their early to mid 20s when they came.

Skriniar, Koulibaly, de Vrij for starters

Its debatable whether Skriniar is better than the two guys mentioned, and really debatable that he will be better than them in 2 years. Koulibaly is rumoured to be more than 50 million how are we affording that, especially with the other issues we have. Is de Vrij even for sale?

The worst thing we can do is buy players to try and win next year. It likely results in nothing next year and screws us for long term. There is no reason we can't buy players that will help us win next year and beyond.

Look at Leicester they bought Fofana who is 20 years old, already PL starter level this year and sets them up to be set at CB for the next 5-10 years. That is the type of player we need to be looking at. Doing what we did with Toby and Jan, buying them to turn into the peak players they were, but still being good while developing. Buying CBs are their peak already is way too expensive for us and is more likely to end in ruin than success.

For the HG, club trained position doesn't Whiteman replacing Hart make sense? If Whiteman started every game that Hart did does a single result change? I doubt it. Likely means we need to bring in someone in case of emergency for the PL games but Hart has offered us nothing this year that Whiteman couldn't offer.

Its debatable whether Skriniar is better than the two guys mentioned, and really debatable that he will be better than them in 2 years. Koulibaly is rumoured to be more than 50 million how are we affording that, especially with the other issues we have. Is de Vrij even for sale?

The worst thing we can do is buy players to try and win next year. It likely results in nothing next year and screws us for long term. There is no reason we can't buy players that will help us win next year and beyond.

Look at Leicester they bought Fofana who is 20 years old, already PL starter level this year and sets them up to be set at CB for the next 5-10 years. That is the type of player we need to be looking at. Doing what we did with Toby and Jan, buying them to turn into the peak players they were, but still being good while developing. Buying CBs are their peak already is way too expensive for us and is more likely to end in ruin than success.
Yep, yep. Let's just keep buying low for the future. Its worked so well for us the past 15 years!!!

Next year is our year, 10 years running!

Koulibaly would be 30, so on the verge of decline. Skriniar may be a bit too slow for the PL.
De Vrijj would be good but outside our reasonable price range. Why would Inter sell their best defender?
For money? We sell our best players all the time. So do tons of clubs. Imagine Liverpool, United, City, Chelsea asking themselves that question, FFS. But we're going to overhaul them next year, once our next crop blossoms!

Sorry, I've read this story before. We're always gonna be 4-6 if we shop like "why would anyone sell us their best player? Better get that kid with the great FM stats!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom