Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bergwijn + Doherty to Wolves for Neto
Bergwijn and Doherty probably have combined value of around £20M. Neto is around £40M. Wolves have let go of Jota, and Neto is now key, so I don't see this transfer happening.

Winks swap for Ings, achievable with Ings in the last year of his contract
Many clubs are interested in Ings, including City. I doubt Southampton rate Winks that highly, they'd prefer some cash. Also Ings doesn't really have the versatility to play out wide, so why would he join to be on the bench for most of the season at his age?
IMO Tanganga and Whiteman both need loans
Don't agree with loaning out our first choice RB.

First bit of business I'd do.

Winks - OUT
Sissoko - OUT

If we're lucky we get somewhere around £30m for the 2 combined.

Use that £30m on another midfielder. Probably Sabitzer.
Skipp coming back too..

Hojbjerg , Skipp , Lo Celso , Ndombele and Sabitzer. Suddenly we have amazing depth in that department and we have a proper midfield selection.
We won’t get a penny for Sissoko based on his wage, will cost us to get him to go (on a lower wage). Someone might do 10m on Winks, possibly Palace etc

Ideally, Jose gets punted, and we get Nagelsmann in. He was never the right man for this club, and a lot on here suspected this at the time, and have been proven correct.

Nagelsmann, however, is for me, the man to take forward the foundations and brand of football set by Poch and take us to the next level.

Given the quick pressing, work-driven style he expects, with minimal individual errors, there’s far too many in this squad that wouldn’t suit, possibly too many to get rid of in one window.

Aurier
Doherty
Dier
Winks
Sissoko
Alli
Bale
Vinnie

Sanchez, Davies, Lamela & Lucas would all be questionable. Whether Sanchez can be coached into cutting out all his silly mistakes is up for debate, but he does have a lot the physical attributes needed to play the high line Nagelsmann prefers. Davies might be useful as an option for left centre back in a 3, particularly given the lack of left footed CB’s at the moment. Might also be an option to give Foyth another chance next season, like Sanchez, he does possess some of the attributes Nagelsmann likes in a centre half, and is pretty versatile.

Obviously the key areas needing addressing would be RB, at least one top quality CB, depending on what happens with Sanchez/Foyth, a CM, left footed winger and a backup to Kane.

Max Aarons would be a decent option for RB

Sabitzer’s the obvious choice for CM, given his contract situation, and familiarity with JN.

One we’ve not been linked to, but I’d suggest would be a good fit is Mikel Oyarzabal at Real Sociedad. He’s a wee wizard on the wing, and a grafter too. Not quite the goal threat that Son is, but he’s more focused on creating chances rather than finishing them, though still chips in with 10ish a season.

Ings possibly for Kane’s backup? Questions over his injury record and he’d still be pricey despite his contract situation.

The area I can’t put my finger on is centre half, who’s out there that would drastically improve us that isn’t gonna cost 45m +?

Think in the summer who could possibly and need to go are :

Lloris and Aurier both having 1 year left and wanting to leave (from reports)
Then one of Dier or Sanchez or both of somehow possible.
Winks , sissoko, Doherty all not good enough.
Would keep Davies and Dele for now as would be some turn over of players for one window.

No idea really, I do know however that last week they had a Regui to Sevilla story that had zero basis in fact other than "he knows Sevilla"/"Sevilla know him".

My brief look at their site beyond that didn't fill me with any confidence as to their journalistic creds either, seemed to be story after story of recycled tat.

The best source by far for stories on Betis and Sevilla - better even than Marca - is the regional edition of ABC, it's a very old, very conservative but also very well respected national broadsheet - think the Daily Telegraph in days gone by. It's always been excellent for sport though, and the regional Seville/Andalusia edition is pretty much always bang on the money as they have hacks "embedded" with the two clubs in question.

I'll have a gander post-siesta
Just an update - nothing in ABC Sevilla, other local press or Marca, As etc. It's complete bollocks, which now makes it a 0/2 credibility rating for this piss poor site

Bergwijn and Doherty probably have combined value of around £20M. Neto is around £40M. Wolves have let go of Jota, and Neto is now key, so I don't see this transfer happening.

Many clubs are interested in Ings, including City. I doubt Southampton rate Winks that highly, they'd prefer some cash. Also Ings doesn't really have the versatility to play out wide, so why would he join to be on the bench for most of the season at his age?

Don't agree with loaning out our first choice RB.
First choice RB ?
How many games did Tanganga play RB for us this season......?

Bring back Sessegnon and Skipp next season to add squad depth.

Sell Alli, Lamela, Sissoko, Davies and perhaps one or two others, for decent money. I'd be sad to see both Lamela and Alli go.

We're not signing any genuinely world-class players for a number of reasons. So realistically we have to target players that are already good but have room to improve, and are at clubs that are genuinely smaller than ourselves. Off the top of my head and sticking within these shores, I think both Konsa or White would be good, sensible signings. But both are English and will no doubt cost way more than they are actually worth right now. Grealish would be a dream signing but is highly unlikely to say the least. I always thought that Trossard looks a good player for Brighton and should be at a bigger club, but was surprised to see he's only scored 4 goals this season for them. The two Norwich boys Aarons and Buendia would add something and can both improve, but with them going up it's not going to happen. I have to say that the Andersen fella at the back for Fulham has always impressed me a lot whenever I've seen him play. And he's not their player of course. I'd take him in an instant for the right price.

Bring back Sessegnon and Skipp next season to add squad depth.

Sell Alli, Lamela, Sissoko, Davies and perhaps one or two others, for decent money. I'd be sad to see both Lamela and Alli go.

We're not signing any genuinely world-class players for a number of reasons. So realistically we have to target players that are already good but have room to improve, and are at clubs that are genuinely smaller than ourselves. Off the top of my head and sticking within these shores, I think both Konsa or White would be good, sensible signings. But both are English and will no doubt cost way more than they are actually worth right now. Grealish would be a dream signing but is highly unlikely to say the least. I always thought that Trossard looks a good player for Brighton and should be at a bigger club, but was surprised to see he's only scored 4 goals this season for them. The two Norwich boys Aarons and Buendia would add something and can both improve, but with them going up it's not going to happen. I have to say that the Andersen fella at the back for Fulham has always impressed me a lot whenever I've seen him play. And he's not their player of course. I'd take him in an instant for the right price.
We may just stave off relegation with that lot.

You're buying kids...is next season 2011/12 not 2021/22?

:avbcringe:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom