Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cant blame him for wanting out. We've been a mess for 2.5 years because of under investment and poor scouting. Incredibly, as it stands today, 2 weeks before the season starts we're weaker than last season with no Toby or Bale. Just think going to City to win trophies is lazy and unimaginative. It would have been nice if the board had made 2 or 3 big signings early summer to try and change his mind but fat chance with this mob.

There needs to a deadline on this thing. Because let’s say we get tons of cash, we need to have time to spend it and the clubs we are buying off need to have time to replace the players they lose to us.

Last thing we want is £180m cash but none of it spend on forwards because it was too late.

when did I say he was a cunt? you are literally putting words in my mouth.

Shearer could have gone United and won the CL, he didn’t he went to Newcastle and they where not quite at United’s level, he would have had more chance at United. I love Kane for what he has done and if he feels trophies are the most important then so be it, long as we get the cash I have no issue but undying loyalty to a club is rare.
You said that he played up to the role of only wanting to play for his boyhood club. Played up? Why has he bothered staying here all these years, he could easily have forced s move out four or five years ago if he didn't care about playing for his boyhood club and was a simple mercenary like 99% of footballers. You are insinuating something which isn't true, he has shown enough loyalty to his boyhood club and if he leaves it's going to be painful to experience and utterly disappointing especially as it could have been preventable if the club had not imploded since the CL final. Instead of building on where Poch took us we have gone downhill with shit signings and shit manager appointments. That's why we are now faced with Kane possibly leaving.

You said that he played up to the role of only wanting to play for his boyhood club. Played up? Why has he bothered staying here all these years, he could easily have forced s move out four or five years ago if he didn't care about playing for his boyhood club and was a simple mercenary like 99% of footballers. You are insinuating something which isn't true, he has shown enough loyalty to his boyhood club and if he leaves it's going to be painful to experience and utterly disappointing especially as it could have been preventable if the club had not imploded since the CL final. Instead of building in where Poch took us we have gone downhill with shit signings and shit manager appointments. That's why we are now faced with Kane possibly leaving.

Maybe it’s the fans fault for sheer belief but if you are ‘’one of our own’’ that means something more than just trophies. Like I said if he wants to leave fine with me long as we get our money and can spend it ok but despite our mess Kane had an opportunity to break all the records here at our club and be one of its biggest ever legends up there with Hoddle and Greaves and for a while that was the expectation. He will never be a legend at City but that isn’t why he might go there.

I don't think a chat with cut it mate he has made it clear he wants to win things, that doesn't happen at spurs and even if we are lucky enough to get to a final we shit ourselves.
If he wants out then the club will have to get the best price possible and just move on , it's tough going for many fans but one we need to accept.
Oh fuck off. Get your tongue out of Kane’s arse, boy. Dogs do that.

You’re not a dog are you, boy?

You cant blame him for wanting out. We've been a mess for 2.5 years because of under investment and poor scouting. Incredibly, as it stands today, 2 weeks before the season starts we're weaker than last season with no Toby or Bale. Just think going to City to win trophies is lazy and unimaginative. It would have been nice if the board had made 2 or 3 big signings early summer to try and change his mind but fat chance with this mob.

So just because we havent had a good last two years he wants out. He was happy to sign a six year contract when things were going well but now it is a bit tough he wants out. Maybe, just maybe he doesn’t have that mentality to knuckle down and go for it when the chips are down or he needs to be counted on. It would explain his record in semi finals and finals Somewhat.

Maybe it’s the fans fault for sheer belief but if you are ‘’one of our own’’ that means something more than just trophies. Like I said if he wants to leave fine with me long as we get our money and can spend it ok but despite our mess Kane had an opportunity to break all the records here at our club and be one of its biggest ever legends up there with Hoddle and Greaves and for a while that was the expectation. He will never be a legend at City but that isn’t why he might go there.
Hoddle left, he never stayed his whole career with us. Greaves played for other clubs before and after us.

If Kane goes I couldn't care less if he is a legend there or not, hopefully he wins fuck all there too and with the money we get we can build a team that wins the PL and CL instead of them. Now that would be ironic

No one has replaced totts on this board

few pretenders but they haven’t got 4 screens and 10 foot satellite dish covering Europe and Asia Minor

we’d all have known a lot more about him had he not disappeared
There is someone on TFC now very similar to Totti..
I’d add to these comments that it’s 2 weeks less to integrate with his new team, train with his new manager & try to settle in a new country.
And for his new team and manager to train with him and help him try and settle in a new country. Just bizarre antics from the bald dwarf
ROMERO IS ON HOLIDAY!!!

So just because we havent had a good last two years he wants out. He was happy to sign a six year contract when things were going well but now it is a bit tough he wants out. Maybe, just maybe he doesn’t have that mentality to knuckle down and go for it when the chips are down or he needs to be counted on. It would explain his record in semi finals and finals Somewhat.
When he signed he said he was happy to stay whilst the club was moving in the right direction. We haven't been doing that for some time. He was an idiot signing a 6 year contract and i can't say i'm very happy with him the way he has gone about this, or his choice of club but can you blame him for wanting out at 28 with iffy ankles? I'd say finishing top scorer and most assists in the division in a bang average team was knuckling down.

Shearer could have gone United and won the CL, he didn’t he went to Newcastle and they where not quite at United’s level, he would have had more chance at United.
He actually had the opportunity to go to United twice. They were after him when he went to Blackburn from Southampton. Newcastle also had the opportunity to sign Shearer at youth level but, for some reason or other, they didn't rate him at the time.

The funny thing is that Newcastle's one and only serious crack at the title had already happened by the time Shearer joined them. They never bettered that 95/96 performance when they had a 12 point lead in January and blew it. They squeezed into the CL in the following season but they never looked like winning the league. All that money and they never won a thing and, 26 years later, they still haven't.

He actually had the opportunity to go to United twice. They were after him when he went to Blackburn from Southampton. Newcastle also had the opportunity to sign Shearer at youth level but, for some reason or other, they didn't rate him at the time.

The funny thing is that Newcastle's one and only serious crack at the title had already happened by the time Shearer joined them. They never bettered that 95/96 performance when they had a 12 point lead in January and blew it. They squeezed into the CL in the following season but they never looked like winning the league. All that money and they never won a thing and, 26 years later, they still haven't.

Sort of like a northern version of us.

There needs to a deadline on this thing. Because let’s say we get tons of cash, we need to have time to spend it and the clubs we are buying off need to have time to replace the players they lose to us.

Last thing we want is £180m cash but none of it spend on forwards because it was too late.
I don't begrudge Kane his move but if it's me, there is no way I'm selling with two weeks to go until the start of the season.

Seeing all this regurgitation of the speculation on Harry leaving makes me wonder why on earth the Telegraph would have spawned it all by regurgitating the same speculation…

Oh wait, it’s because they are trash isn’t it?

Get Out Of Here GIF by Buyout Footage

Shearer won the premier league and Le Tissier was fat and lazy.
Kane ain't either of them.

Why people think he'll be just another City player too baffles me.
He'll score for fun in that team. Probably golden boot every year he's there.
If he leads them to further titles and the CL they'll love him like they love Aguerro, Toure, Kompany, De Bruyne etc.
Course he will that is why he wants to leave, to play in a better team and win things on a consistent basis everything he won't achieve at Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom