Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think a chat with cut it mate he has made it clear he wants to win things, that doesn't happen at spurs and even if we are lucky enough to get to a final we shit ourselves.
If he wants out then the club will have to get the best price possible and just move on , it's tough going for many fans but one we need to accept.

I don’t think I’m denying we are a losers club. Let’s be honest, every time we make a final, we inevitably shit ourselves and that includes Kane too who has been part of the club that have failed to win trophies. That being said, he’s gone about it the wrong way. He has shown a level of disrespect I never thought Kane would show.

Just imagine if Romero is a flop after all this...

tenor.gif
NDombele was meant to be the second coming of jesus, so it wouldn't surprise me..!

I don’t think I’m denying we are a losers club. Let’s be honest, every time we make a final, we inevitably shit ourselves and that includes Kane too who has been part of the club that have failed to win trophies. That being said, he’s gone about it the wrong way. He has shown a level of disrespect I never thought Kane would show.
Well unfortunately you never truly know anyone until presented with a situation such as a huge pay rise and the certainty of winning.
Yeah it's disappointing but if the club had invested properly instead of not buying anyone which was ridiculous we might not have got into a mess.

You got to ask yourself. Do you want to be a club legend, with a statue outside the stadium, highest ever goal scorer and the potential to win a trophy at your boyhood club which would completely dwarf anything you do at City. Or do you go to a club that will probably win you trophies, but you will never get the level of respect and love by the supporters. You won’t go down a club legend. The City supporters don’t even want Kane. That should tell you about their attitude. It’s clearly not money, as Spurs can pay him what City will offer.

It’s up to Kane wether he wants to be an all time Spurs great or just another City player. My annoyance with Kane isn’t the fact he wants to go. I think we can all get that, as let’s be honest, the club have let him down by not pushing on, but it’s the sneaky way he’s going about it. The clear “I want to join City so you must let me” Gary Neville interview. Who the fuck advised him on that ? So disrespectful
The other day I was thinking about Modric and how he wanted to go to Chelsea but we decided to keep him for another season. He still carried on playing as well as ever and I thought Kane might be the same but I am starting to wonder. Modric wasn't going to the tabloids saying "Here I am! 160 mil and 400 grand a week and I'm yours. Come and get me!"

Sounds like he just wants the medals. You do get players who only want to play for their boyhood clubs like Shearer or Le Tissier but they are few and far between. Kane may have played upto that role but he isn’t that. Still as has been repeated time and time again if City don’t pay a huge fee it’s a 3 year deal and he is going nowhere whatever his or City’s view.
Shearer won the premier league and Le Tissier was fat and lazy.
Kane ain't either of them.

Why people think he'll be just another City player too baffles me.
He'll score for fun in that team. Probably golden boot every year he's there.
If he leads them to further titles and the CL they'll love him like they love Aguerro, Toure, Kompany, De Bruyne etc.

Well unfortunately you never truly know anyone until presented with a situation such as a huge pay rise and the certainty of winning.
Yeah it's disappointing but if the club had invested properly instead of not buying anyone which was ridiculous we might not have got into a mess.

Again I agree, but there are still ways of doing it. Doing a Neville interview claiming your love for De Bruyne and how much you want to play with him and City, plus talking of actual transfer fees is disrespectful mate sorry. Nobody forced Kane to
Sign a’6 year contract. Trust me, I’m the most vocal
On here when it comes to Levy and the club not providing, but Harry Kane has gone about this the wrong way. If City can’t fork out what we want, then Kane will simply have to get his nut down and play for Spurs next season. Nothing he can do can change that unless he buys out his contract.

NDombele was meant to be the second coming of jesus, so it wouldn't surprise me..!
The fact we had a straight run at NDombele and GLC should have told us all we needed to know.
All the phony scouts on the sites telling us they were the best players on earth ever and obsessing about their signings.
The fact it seems history is repeating itself here with Romero worries me.

If he leads them to further titles and the CL they'll love him like they love Aguerro, Toure, Kompany, De Bruyne etc.

Take one look at the City forum. 80% of them don’t even like Harry Kane. He will never be loved up there like he is at Spurs, simple as mate.

Disagree on your last point, those players brought City success they'd only ever dreamed of before. Now they are an entitled bunch, demonstrated by their apathy towards signing Kane, and so anything he dies will just be maintaining what they are used to.

They may come to appreciate him more and more over time, but unless he somehow wins them CL single handedly then he'll always just be a cog in the machine there.

Disagree on your last point, those players brought City success they'd only ever dreamed of before. Now they are an entitled bunch, demonstrated by their apathy towards signing Kane, and so anything he dies will just be maintaining what they are used to.

They may come to appreciate him more and more over time, but unless he somehow wins them CL single handedly then he'll always just be a cog in the machine there.

Exactly, Aguero is a legend up there for obviously starting the revolution and the league title win was all down to him. Kane won’t get that same love up there unless he does something special in the CL which obviously could happen. I still think he will just be another City player.

Shearer though wanted to move to Newcastle to play for his boyhood club, he could have gone United as Fergie wanted him and won the CL but he didn’t.

As for City as other posters have commented they are now just a money cheat machine, they won’t love Kane because they can just replace him at any time with Mbappe or Haaland or someone else. He will be seen like a contractor there to do a job then fuck off.

Sounds like he just wants the medals. You do get players who only want to play for their boyhood clubs like Shearer or Le Tissier but they are few and far between. Kane may have played upto that role but he isn’t that. Still as has been repeated time and time again if City don’t pay a huge fee it’s a 3 year deal and he is going nowhere whatever his or City’s view.
You are joking right? He has spent his whole career at Spurs, every season bangs in goals in order to help the team, he is 28 and feels time is running out to win something. Shearer already had a PL winners medal in his pocket before he left to join his boyhood team, who by the way at the time were spending shitloads of money to make themselves PL challengers so he didn't go there for sentimental reasons only.

Fucks sake it's bad enough that we might lose our best player but what's just as bad is fans trying to make him out to be a cunt who never cared for this club and all he has done over all these years means fuck all. Out of order imo.

You are joking right? He has spent his whole career at Spurs, every season bangs in goals in order to help the team, he is 28 and feels time is running out to win something. Shearer already had a PL winners medal in his pocket before he left to join his boyhood team, who by the way at the time were spending shitloads of money to make themselves PL challengers so he didn't go there for sentimental reasons only.

Fucks sake it's bad enough that we might lose our best player but what's just as bad is fans trying to make him out to be a cunt who never cared for this club and all he has done over all these years means fuck all. Out of order imo.

when did I say he was a cunt? you are literally putting words in my mouth.

Shearer could have gone United and won the CL, he didn’t he went to Newcastle and they where not quite at United’s level, he would have had more chance at United. I love Kane for what he has done and if he feels trophies are the most important then so be it, long as we get the cash I have no issue but undying loyalty to a club is rare.

Take one look at the City forum. 80% of them don’t even like Harry Kane. He will never be loved up there like he is at Spurs, simple as mate.

City Forum isn't what a player cares about. Most forum posters never go to games. Half probably don't even watch 90 minutes.

Shearer though wanted to move to Newcastle to play for his boyhood club, he could have gone United as Fergie wanted him and won the CL but he didn’t.

As for City as other posters have commented they are now just a money cheat machine, they won’t love Kane because they can just replace him at any time with Mbappe or Haaland or someone else. He will be seen like a contractor there to do a job then fuck off.

Would Shearer have gone to Newcastle if he hadn't already won the PL and Newcastle weren't on the up and up at the time?
Cast your mind back to that period and Newcastle were challenging Man United for the title and were everyone's 2nd team.
They paid good wages.
Hindsight will say he went there and won nothing but I bet when he signed he thought he could win it all.

Who in their right mind thinks we're gonna win anything?
Most people think we have a bloody hex on us.

City Forum isn't what a player cares about. Most forum posters never go to games. Half probably don't even watch 90 minutes.

Would Shearer have gone to Newcastle if he hadn't already won the PL and Newcastle weren't on the up and up at the time?
Cast your mind back to that period and Newcastle were challenging Man United for the title and were everyone's 2nd team.
They paid good wages.
Hindsight will say he went there and won nothing but I bet when he signed he thought he could win it all.

Who in their right mind thinks we're gonna win anything?
Most people think we have a bloody hex on us.

Possibly but United and Fergie where a different animal, about as guaranteed a trophy even a CL as you would likely ever be at any club.

If Kane wants to go, it feels pretty shitty but fuck him. The club will go on.

I personally don't think he will at the moment.

Plus who the fuck wants to live in Manchester

I don’t think footballer really care where they live. They buy in the most expensive out of town areas and have the biggest mansions.

You cant blame him for wanting out. We've been a mess for 2.5 years because of under investment and poor scouting. Incredibly, as it stands today, 2 weeks before the season starts we're weaker than last season with no Toby or Bale. Just think going to City to win trophies is lazy and unimaginative. It would have been nice if the board had made 2 or 3 big signings early summer to try and change his mind but fat chance with this mob.

when did I say he was a cunt? you are literally putting words in my mouth.

Shearer could have gone United and won the CL, he didn’t he went to Newcastle and they where not quite at United’s level, he would have had more chance at United. I love Kane for what he has done and if he feels trophies are the most important then so be it, long as we get the cash I have no issue but undying loyalty to a club is rare.
I think he’s shown plenty of loyalty but there’s limits. You can’t name me a player of his caliber anywhere in the world that’s happy to play for a club that are registering mid table finishes.

Those one club players eg gerrard, lampard, scholes, messi are winning trophies at their clubs in the prime of their career. Kane is winning fuck all here we all know that. Don’t blame him whatsoever. Our big players don’t get let go without a fight, normally ends with some ill feeling towards the player but in reality he probably feels he has to force the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom