Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.webp

Seriously though, no point in bidding against ourselves. By all reports we’re the only ones in for him. It looks like Atalanta have already signed a replacement and if we’ve bid what they’re asking for it should be a done deal.

Sounds like Atalanta has been moving the goal posts. We can’t complain much given :levystare:track record, but damn they sound like a real cunt to deal with.

Who knows.. what we do know is Romero wants Spurs and Spurs want Romero and we’ve spent nearly 2 weeks negotiating for our top CB target and if it falls through at this point that will have been a colossal waste of time.

City two weeks from today…tick tock
Two weeks negotiations to ultimately give them what they were always asking for. I wonder how the Levy fans will spin this as genius. Go in low , get told to fuck off , creep up a tiny bit, get told to fuck off again, repeat for two weeks. Finally agree to pay what you were asked to originally. Levy is a genius LOL

Two weeks negotiations to ultimately give them what they were always asking for. I wonder how the Levy fans will spin this as genius. Go in low , get told to fuck off , creep up a tiny bit, get told to fuck off again, repeat for two weeks. Finally agree to pay what you were asked to originally. Levy is a genius LOL
levy is a pratt, as you say dawdles about only to end up paying what they want, and in the intrim 2 week period of that idiot trying to penny pinch we could so have easily lost the player, sSOD OF LEVY AND ENIC.

Apparently kane is going to walk in monday and tell levy he wants. So much for him being Tottenham through and through as he kept going on about over the years. I hope city owners are stocked up with paracetamol. Levy is in his element in his negotations.

You got to ask yourself. Do you want to be a club legend, with a statue outside the stadium, highest ever goal scorer and the potential to win a trophy at your boyhood club which would completely dwarf anything you do at City. Or do you go to a club that will probably win you trophies, but you will never get the level of respect and love by the supporters. You won’t go down a club legend. The City supporters don’t even want Kane. That should tell you about their attitude. It’s clearly not money, as Spurs can pay him what City will offer.

It’s up to Kane wether he wants to be an all time Spurs great or just another City player. My annoyance with Kane isn’t the fact he wants to go. I think we can all get that, as let’s be honest, the club have let him down by not pushing on, but it’s the sneaky way he’s going about it. The clear “I want to join City so you must let me” Gary Neville interview. Who the fuck advised him on that ? So disrespectful

levy is a pratt, as you say dawdles about only to end up paying what they want, and in the intrim 2 week period of that idiot trying to penny pinch we could so have easily lost the player, sSOD OF LEVY AND ENIC.
I’d add to these comments that it’s 2 weeks less to integrate with his new team, train with his new manager & try to settle in a new country.
And for his new team and manager to train with him and help him try and settle in a new country. Just bizarre antics from the bald dwarf

You got to ask yourself. Do you want to be a club legend, with a statue outside the stadium, highest ever goal scorer and the potential to win a trophy at your boyhood club which would completely anything you dwarf City. Or do you go to a club that will probably win you trophies, but you will never get the level of respect and love by the supporters. You won’t go down a club legend. The City supporters don’t even want Kane. That should tell you about their attitude. It’s clearly not money, as Spurs can pay him what City will offer. It’s up to Kane wether he wants to be an all time Spurs great or just another City player.

Sounds like he just wants the medals. You do get players who only want to play for their boyhood clubs like Shearer or Le Tissier but they are few and far between. Kane may have played upto that role but he isn’t that. Still as has been repeated time and time again if City don’t pay a huge fee it’s a 3 year deal and he is going nowhere whatever his or City’s view.

You know what's "relative pennies" (just calling it pennies shows how out of touch some are): when we offer 34m and the seller wants 35m. Yeah, that one should get done. Although one could argue, why can't the seller settle; I mean it's just pennies, right? But when we offer 45-50 and the seller wants 60, that's not fucking pennies. It never was and it never will be.

The whole business is "out of touch".

The values of transfers are relative to the turnover of entire clubs.

Facts remain. Other clubs get shit done, ENICs entertainment industry asset THFC doesn't.

And then they panic late window, and blow off £35m on Sissoko. Brilliant. And their fanclub keeps defending them as sensible.

You got to ask yourself. Do you want to be a club legend, with a statue outside the stadium, highest ever goal scorer and the potential to win a trophy at your boyhood club which would completely dwarf anything you do at City. Or do you go to a club that will probably win you trophies, but you will never get the level of respect and love by the supporters. You won’t go down a club legend. The City supporters don’t even want Kane. That should tell you about their attitude. It’s clearly not money, as Spurs can pay him what City will offer.

It’s up to Kane wether he wants to be an all time Spurs great or just another City player. My annoyance with Kane isn’t the fact he wants to go. I think we can all get that, as let’s be honest, the club have let him down by not pushing on, but it’s the sneaky way he’s going about it. The clear “I want to join City so you must let me” Gary Neville interview. Who the fuck advised him on that ? So disrespectful
This comes as no surprise to any of us because we know Kane wants to leave.
Let us be honest with ourselves what can he achieve at spurs apart from the occasional top four finish, reaching a final or semi final every few years to all end in defeat.
He wants to be at a club where he can collect winners medals on a regular basis and I don't blame him, at spurs he collects losers medals and ask yourself would you be happy with that.
Unfortunately city are a successful football club whether we like to admit this or not, spurs on the other hand are not they are window lickers always the bridesmaids never the bride.

I agree quite a lot especially the first part.

It is so much more meaningful to win a trophy with your boyhood club, fans who adore you and in much harder settings than to win a trophy at City.
It will mean so much more here.

What I'll say on Kane is he hasn't actually talken to Nuno/paratici yet. Let's see what project they present him. I've also maintained that if we can have a good window then that already goes some way to matching Kane's ambition.

I agree quite a lot especially the first part.

It is so much more meaningful to win a trophy with your boyhood club, fans who adore you and in much harder settings than to win a trophy at City.
It will mean so much more here.

What I'll say on Kane is he hasn't actually talken to Nuno/paratici yet. Let's see what project they present him. I've also maintained that if we can have a good window then that already goes some way to matching Kane's ambition.
I don't think a chat will cut it mate he has made it clear he wants to win things, that doesn't happen at spurs and even if we are lucky enough to get to a final we shit ourselves.
If he wants out then the club will have to get the best price possible and just move on , it's tough going for many fans but one we need to accept.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom