Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FWfwFFlWIAMzC3-

Looks a little better, still need to get Tanguy from top spot.

Maybe we can up the Spence bid to £64m

Seems a mistranslation to me, or some misinformation. More likely 5-6m loan fee, surely a buy option more likely to be 20-30m.
Barcelona are selling off future revenue streams for upfront payment and can't register players. We have had them over a barrel in this one.

[FORMATION=343,Lloris,Romero,Bremer,Lenglet,Spence,Bissouma,Bentancur, Perisic,Kulu,Kane,Son]third-kit[/FORMATION]

With Dier, Skipp, Davies, Sess, PEH, Doherty, Richarlison to come in and rotate
Do n’t assume Lenglet will be first choice over Davies. He hasn’t done much for a couple of years. Mainly backup I would think.

Do n’t assume Lenglet will be first choice over Davies. He hasn’t done much for a couple of years. Mainly backup I would think.
Performance levels will dictate, but I really doubt we'd be bringing in Lenglet if Conte/Paratici didn't think he could become first choice.

[FORMATION=343,Lloris,Romero,Bremer,Lenglet,Spence,Bissouma,Bentancur, Perisic,Kulu,Kane,Son]third-kit[/FORMATION]

With Dier, Skipp, Davies, Sess, PEH, Doherty, Richarlison to come in and rotate
So our "second 11" would be

Lloris (let's be honest we wouldn't bench him unless we had to)
Sanchez Dier Davies
Doherty PEH, Skipp Sess
Moura Richarlison Gil?

Not a great 11, but you add two or three from the main 11, and it's a side that can get you past most lesser teams.

Umm, who lobbied to get the money? It's not like ENIC woke up one day and said "hey, let's do a 150 million cash injection!"
I’m no Levy fan. but does any of it matter now , who or why or how we got it. Levy haters it’s down to us and it’s about time , Levy supporters , it was always going to happen post stadium etc etc

Let’s call a truce FFS , we are all getting what we want , I for one intend to bloody well enjoy it. I have had to many arguments on here when the club was not doing what we all wanted, now it is I don’t give a damn why . COYS

Life is to short to keep scoring points of people who ultimately all want the same thing

Last edited:
Tanguy was 60m Euros which is 54m pounds. That’s the price we put on his clause during his loan.
The press always like to quote the higher number whether true or not.
Is the rest of it accurate anyway? Was Bissouma £35m? I though he was less... And where is Lo Celso, didn't he end up costing north of £40m effectively? And was Regi really that much, I thought a bit less? Wasn't Lamela more than Reg?

That whole table seems a bit 'names and numbers out of someone's backside' to me... :/

The size of our squad is notably going up, clearly a plan in place to not be bullied.
Kane 6”2
Bentancur 6”2
Dier 6”2
Kulusevski 6”1
Perisic 6”1
Lenglet 6”1
Romero 6”1
Son 6”0
Richarlison 6”0
Bissouma 6”0

Spence at 6”1 is probably next on the list as well. Playing Woolwich will likely be men vs boys.

Back
Top Bottom