Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which is what I said.

I would strongly advise against taking me on with regard to linguistic matters. I will crush you mercilessly grammatically, syntactically and lexically.

giphy.gif
I’m sorry my older ibérico friend!

Barca are skint so no doubt trying to get as much as they can. The have asked De Jong to leave over 14million Euros worth off unpaid wages

How they are not under a transfer embargo is beyond me

It's because football is fucking corrupt. Big names like Barcelona, Real Madrid and those red cunts up north would never be punished the same way other teams would.

The sheer audacity of bent Barca and ropey Real complaining about Man City and PSG astounded me.
These two teams have been spending beyond FFP for ever and raising questionable funds to cover it up. And when some one comes along with more money than them and stops them getting shiny new things, they cry to the corrupt governing bodies.

Barca are absolutely fucked financially...if WE wanted an option added in order for the deal to go through an option would be added.

it seems we're not sold on the player and are just agreeing to a short term fix in the hope that the player can perform better then the expectation levels.

Its clear Conte specified a LCB and he's ok'd this one because the other options are out of reach and he probably thinks he can work his magic on him.

I'm sure we rushed this deal with Conte wanting it done before we fly out to Korea, if we didn't need him so quickly and left it for say another month or 2 we could have easily bent them over and included some clauses on our terms because they need money and need to get players off their books to register others, oh well.

Barca are absolutely fucked financially...if WE wanted an option added in order for the deal to go through an option would be added.

Ultimately; it's Barca's decision; not ours.....

And yes, Barca are cash poor, but they WILL sell players and have a reported rights sale incoming.

Their immediate FFP battle is to reduce their wage-bill.

(They have some crazy rule out there where even if you reduce the wage bill by (eg)100kpw you can only re-assign a percentage of that saving onto an incoming players wage...... )

it seems we're not sold on the player and are just agreeing to a short term fix in the hope that the player can perform better then the expectation levels.

Its clear Conte specified a LCB and he's ok'd this one because the other options are out of reach and he probably thinks he can work his magic on him.

As stated in my OG post; if we weren't interested in the player; we wouldn't bother loaning him at all. If Conte is "ok" with Lenglet - even as an interim measure - then obviously we are interested in the player.... We aren't gonna loan players we don't think are capable of doing the job.

.......As logic goes; that's just ultra-basic & obvious.

In which case maybe there's some sort of a sell-on clause. E.g. if Barca get anything north of X million for him, we get a cut. That way we get something out of it, in addition to having him for a year, and minimize our risk.

Sounds creative; but not something I'm concious of happening with loans in the past.

Memphis : " I need a team to play around me... So I can do my thing "

Translation :
" I need a team to work hard together, do my running, tracking & all off ball activities while I take the ALL the GLORY and praise while not tiring myself so i have time for all my social media accounts, posing, cigars, drinking and being papped leaving clubs at 5am in my shades"
Don't care. Still want.

Back
Top Bottom