Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’d rather play for Spurs in a more functional team on less money than for United under his former Ajax coach in a style hell appreciate more?

There are lots of reasons to choose spurs over United but I would be shocked if that were true in his case.

Le P rating: BS
Would never happen

But it would be hilarious seeing UTD spend all summer haplessly chasing him and then we swoop in out of nowhere and nab him off them

:levywhoa:

You forgot 'most ignored'.

BfFt179.png

Airfixx at No 1 :sonlol:

He'll probably claim it's in alphabetical order or something, when that's clearly just a coincidence

Apparently the ITK about De Jong is gathering pace.
Barca have asked him to take a 50% pay cut and he is not happy.
Stated he prefers Spurs over United
I thought he took a pay cut but was promised the money as a payment at a later date - now Barca want to wriggle out.
Edit: I guess Barca is asking him to ditch the money owed.

Last edited:
Can't see this hype as being legit..... Grossly overpaid player and why on earth in his current predicament (i.e. falling out with Barca over wages) would then accept a massive paycut.

The whole Barca end seems dumb tho.... His contract is legally binding..... Suck it up.
As I saw someone else said, if a team can just sign anyone they want on huge wages, then just decide not to pay them so they can buy new players, all of world football falls apart.

It’s really disgusting what Barca is doing.

As I saw someone else said, if a team can just sign anyone they want on huge wages, then just decide not to pay them so they can buy new players, all of world football falls apart.

....Worse, they are being allowed to do it cos they're Barca.

The should be docked points.

Is it?

I find it more disgusting that Barcelona were sponsored to come out in favour of the Qatar World Cup . Pep was paid to give his support to it then he wears a jumper about human rights about the immigrants struggling to cross the channel. The hypocrisy behind that.

The fact is the sheer money that has gone into football by the likes of Abrhamovic, Abu Dhabi and Qatar has broke the game which meant Barcelona had to break all financial sense to try to continue winning.

Back
Top Bottom