Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chelsea’s supposed implosion post-Roman is nothing like as funny as I was hoping it would be.
I was quite happy with our transfer window but tbh, seeing this crap is putting me in a bad mood. How the fuck is an honest, well managed club supposed to compete?

Maybe we do have to take the plunge on Gvardiol/Fofana at £80m rather than wait till next year (cos the price won't be any lower, might get snapped up), unless we pull of another Kulu tier masterstroke.
........F---U---C---K that!
Maybe not him specifically for that money, but I feel like we need more, and that might well mean paying silly money. TBH, £60m for Richarlison is already silly money.

Hmmmmm..... M'thinks you're getting a bit carried away.

He's an attacking player with a poor G&A record that has already had 2 major injuries.

Since when were they chasing this bloke?

Going from a mooted £42m (50m euros) to close to £60m.....?

For what?

.......He's only a step or so up from a veritable punt.

Hmmmmm..... M'thinks you're getting a bit carried away.

He was exceptional in the EL last season, and would in our side play likewise

He's an attacking player with a poor G&A record that has already had 2 major injuries.

He played thirty wo games last season, through injuries, how many games did Winks miss both last season and now this one? Nowadays ACL injuries are a time to recover injury rather than a critical one like they were a decade of so ago. An ACL is the result of a poor tackle and that is beyond any players control.

Since when were they chasing this bloke?

READ what i wrote i did not say that any of those clubs mentioned were after him, i said it's about time we had first dibs of a player ref Fernandes, Willian etc.

Going from a mooted £42m (50m euros) to close to £60m.....?

If Conte wants the player yes. We have allegedly 150 million at our disposal plus transfer money. Levy hasn't stipulated buying five players for 30 million each has he? Paratici hasn't from what i have seen brought in and duds. The kid is just turned 23 (July) and should be good to go for a decade.

He's only a step or so up from a veritable punt.

What player isn't?

Is it better to have two players such as Berj, LoCelso, go pear shaped or one Zaniolo? At some point we the fans have to look beyond the number of the cost and more at the reward. At the end of the day we have much, much, more financial muscle than we ever have.

A young, quick, elusive, tricky Italian international isn't going to come cheap, and i truly feel tha t he will turn out to be better in the long term than Maddison is today.

You look at Sarr, Udoge, Kulu, Parrott, Keeley, Scarlett, Seggs, Spence, White, and Zaniolo and you can see with those nine players alone, where Paratici, Conte and Levy are building for the future.

Sorry to go on.
:thumbup:

Anyone seen Guendouzi play? He's been getting a lot of praise for his last season at Marseille. Statistically, he seems technically gifted, similar to Benta but more attacking.

They're having some kind of crisis so he might be a decent option, despite his history with us.

Oh my....just a little pic of a young, cute smiling female Spurs player really got you fired up.
Well, unlike you, I rather see such a pic than read page after page after page of the same food jokes :cool:
Just trying to stop a tide of women's talk.
Different sport. Different competition. No more in common with the mens team than cricket.

Anyone seen Guendouzi play? He's been getting a lot of praise for his last season at Marseille. Statistically, he seems technically gifted, similar to Benta but more attacking.

They're having some kind of crisis so he might be a decent option, despite his history with us.

Not a big Ligue 1 watcher .. bus-conductor bus-conductor what do you think? I quite liked him when he was playing regularly at Woolwich but he seemed a little temperamental and positionally a little chaotic. Has he pushed on since then?

Shame about the Zaniolo deal. Think he has real world class potential and with a manager like Conte, he'd have seen himself get their quicker.

I think unless we get a van der Vaart type opportunity, that's us done.

Shame about the Zaniolo deal. Think he has real world class potential and with a manager like Conte, he'd have seen himself get their quicker.

Yeh said it all along on here. Personally don’t think we will sign another player now. This Udogie, but he’s going back on loan anyway.

What has happened to the Zaniolo deal I thought we made one offer. He has two years left on his contract and Roma are going to struggle on ffp and revenue to wages when offering him a new deal. The ideal time would be to sell him now. If we do not get him it is because we never bid enough.

What has happened to the Zaniolo deal I thought we made one offer. He has two years left on his contract and Roma are going to struggle on ffp and revenue to wages when offering him a new deal. The ideal time would be to sell him now. If we do not get him it is because we never bid enough.
Reports are we offered 50m and Jose shut it down

That is normally the case when it comes to transfers (with a few exceptions, like Bastoni...)

That is normally the case when it comes to transfers (with a few exceptions, like Bastoni...)
Personally I would not write off a Bastoni deal of some kind this summer. Inter are in Money trouble and something has to give and I do not think anyone is looking to sign their other players at the moment. I could even see us agreeing a deal for next summer.

Back
Top Bottom