Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy's been, on balance, a very good, indeed probably great CEO/Chairman. Given the budgetary constraints, we've moved forward a long way, to the point we were invited to join a European Super League. There will always be fuck ups and mistakes - letting Glenn sign loads of old players for one - but impressive in the round.

But Levy as minority owner and Lewis as majority owner have been long on stability and short on trophies. Not all bad but not enough for Levy's practical achievements to eliminate criticism of our ownership. Nothing that a CL or league title wouldn't fix!
Don’t like to disagree without adding a reason as to why, and I recognise what follows is highlighting a lot of the “negatives”

So as I see this, Levy / ENIC took over the forth most successful club in English football history. In 22 years they have seen tangible success once. They have gone close a couple more times.

In that period of time they have gone through more than 10 first team coaches. Various directors of football and hundreds of players. They have sold three of their biggest assets in that period setting the team back years when doing so. They once sold Keane and Berbatov in a single window. Madness. Sold Bale and replaced him with much that was questionable.

They hit gold with a coaching team and then managed to kill the golden goose with baffling decisions. Selling Dembele and replacing him with ?? Window after window failing to buy a striker. Jose for the sake of Amazon. Ridiculous.

The stadium was ultimately a success, but for a good 5 years it was a total farce. And it was how many millions over budget ?

On the more positive, they have done a lot for the local community in recent years, they are majorly promoting the club in evolving markets and they do seem very much to be learning lessons, so maybe 🤔 we will ultimately find the good outweighs the disappointment.

Ha ha!! Have a word with yourself man. All the mud slinging is coming from the likes of yourself and Airfixx Airfixx at those who post an opinion you don't like.

Don Corleone Don Corleone for example..... Posts an honest opinion that he thinks there won't be any more meaningful incomings and shit gets thrown at him by the spadeful.

And as I said, I admire your honesty. If a few others followed your example we'd know exactly where we all stood.

And to clarify once again, I think we've had a decent window so far. Still a few areas that need improving, if, as Antonio himself says, we want to be more than just top 4 contenders.

But I applaud Daniel Levy for the hard work he's done in A) appointing him and b) finally keeping hold of our best players like Kane and Sonny

All this is hollow and meaningless coming from you...... A self-professed troll... A proven liar and hypocrite.

You pontificating about "honesty" is a joke.

Within a handfull of posts, you'll have contradicted or betrayed all the above sentiments and will be back to sniping, goading, fake posting and provoking arguments; shitting all over our trf business and generally peddling your usual toxic shit.

Here is actually the FIFA rules.
I haven't kept myself upto date as I clearly remember an Italian club having a female player on trial (of course, she was not found good enough in the end) but that was before 2011, as that was the year FIFA's gender verification policy was issued, i.e. only men are allowed to play on the men's team and only women are allowed to play on the women's team.

You replied to a post that had 3 words, you even quoted it! I'm not the best at anagrams, but I'm just not seeing enough letters in I Love ENIC to make a mud slinging post aimed specifically at you.
Here you go mate. This was his reply😊 ....To me.

yet all you wanna do is participate in mud slinging with your own fans
If you followed the conversation, what I said was he accused me of mud slinging.

:dierpochhug:

A quite unfounded accusation

All this is hollow and meaningless coming from you...... A self-professed troll... A proven liar and hypocrite.
You pontificating about "honesty" is a joke.
Within a handfull of posts, you'll have contradicted or betrayed all the above sentiments and will be back to sniping, goading, fake posting and provoking arguments; shitting all over our trf business and generally peddling your usual toxic shshit.
And yet this is exactly what your doing with this very post, mate. Don't you see the irony?
In less than half a dozen pages you've literally trashed not just me but numerous other posters as Divs, Wankers, Liars, Trolls, Twats and more.

Get yourself a mirror, mate.

We're both on the most ignored list. Maybe, just maybe, we're both as bad as each other?

Last edited:
And yet this is exactly what your doing with this very post, mate. Don't you see the irony?
In less than half a dozen pages you've literally trashed not just me but numerous other posters as Divs, Wankers, Liars, Trolls, Twats and more.

Get yourself a mirror, mate

My mirror works just fine..... I'm tearing it up with a few posters that give me shit too given half the chance. I'll own it and if too many people tire of my part in things I'll get a stint in the bin.

However, I'm not here hypocritically preaching harmony whilst telling lies and fake-quoting people.... That's YOUR domain.

My integrity is in tact as I stand by what I write. You cannot say the same thing.

You are a proven liar and a troll and I make no apologies for reminding people of this when you get on your moral high-horse. (The rest of the time I'm happy to ignore you.)

Last edited:
Looks like Spurs are keen on particularly 3 young center-backs right now: Ronnie Edwards, Ashley Phillips and Illya Zabarnyi

Tottenham Hotspur could make a late move for Illya Zabarnyi, according to football.london reporter Alasdair Gold

The ever-reliable journalist revealed a fresh update on Spurs’ transfer plans ahead of the final few weeks of the window to supporters during a recent YouTube video.

He said:
“I think the key with Spurs, it’s about the opportunities.
“I’ve said before Ilya Zabarnyi, the young Ukrainian centre-back is a player that they really like, and he’s someone they’ll go back to if the window of opportunity is there for him.”

Yes but none will address first team requirements this season 22/23

Don’t like to disagree without adding a reason as to why, and I recognise what follows is highlighting a lot of the “negatives”

So as I see this, Levy / ENIC took over the forth most successful club in English football history. In 22 years they have seen tangible success once. They have gone close a couple more times.

In that period of time they have gone through more than 10 first team coaches. Various directors of football and hundreds of players. They have sold three of their biggest assets in that period setting the team back years when doing so. They once sold Keane and Berbatov in a single window. Madness. Sold Bale and replaced him with much that was questionable.

They hit gold with a coaching team and then managed to kill the golden goose with baffling decisions. Selling Dembele and replacing him with ?? Window after window failing to buy a striker. Jose for the sake of Amazon. Ridiculous.

The stadium was ultimately a success, but for a good 5 years it was a total farce. And it was how many millions over budget ?

On the more positive, they have done a lot for the local community in recent years, they are majorly promoting the club in evolving markets and they do seem very much to be learning lessons, so maybe 🤔 we will ultimately find the good outweighs the disappointment.

You missed out the vital fact that when ENIC bought in to Spurs, 5th best was sadly in history

Reality is we had finished in about 15th position in league for many years.

Martin Jol got Spurs into 5th position in PL (highest position for 20 odd years).

The rebuild started from almost bottom of Pl - and we struggled to compete with the likes of Aston Villa, Newcastle or many similar teams we now tower over

Last edited:
Yes but none will address first team requirements this season 22/23
Hard to know with Zabarnyi until he makes his move, but he looks a fairly high level player. Playing well at international level and in club European qualifiers. Could be good enough to play some cup games and cover for Dier this season.

Neither am I. I just say what I think and you just don't like it when I call you out.

But unlike you, I try my best to avoid personal insults and unfounded accusations

LIAR

You lie repeatedly.

Guess who was called 'not one brick' by constantly stating that ENIC would ever build a stadium when they owned Spurs.

And when they do you expect anyone to believe some one who is so spectacularly wrong.

You are on the same level of Hercules in terms of believability, ...... but maybe Hercules gets things right once in a blue moon, unlike you.

LIAR
You lie repeatedly.
Guess who was called 'not one brick' by constantly stating that ENIC would ever build a stadium when they owned SpSpurs.
Theres' some serious defamation of character going on here, mate.

How was that a lie? It was a prediction that turned out to be wrong. That's completely different to a lie!

Hard to know with Zabarnyi until he makes his move, but he looks a fairly high level player. Playing well at international level and in club European qualifiers. Could be good enough to play some cup games and cover for Dier this season.

Looked good in a weak league and weak competition, so difficult to know how good/bad he might be.

We have Paskotsi in u21's - Estonian international with approaching 20 caps. But not sure I'd want to play him in Spurs first team - plays for a weak international side, albeit Ukraine is stronger but not sure its strong enough to leap from there to PL ,

Back
Top Bottom