Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Every year it's the same shit
Stirred up by the same protagonists.

I really need to learn my lesson and stop myself being goaded. I'll sign off for now and maybe things will settle down but it's hard to just turn away from such crass allegations.

I'll let you all know if Airfixx Airfixx takes me up on that drink.

Last edited:
It was an opinion at the time.

I've held my hands up countless times and admitted I made a fool of myself.

Please do that every time you post

That way people can make a judgement as to whether you might be believable.

Or continuing to bend any assertions to suit their agenda

BTW I'm no sure 'I've held my hands up countless times' this is correct as nobody seems to know this

Alasdair Gold has claimed that Tottenham Hotspur have scouted Bristol City’s Alex Scott “heavily”.

Spurs have been linked with the 18-year-old midfield talent for quite a few months now.

At the end of February, London World claimed that Spurs were leading the race to sign Scott.
The Mirror repeated the claim in April, also reporting that Tottenham were up against Leeds for his signature.

That report claimed the Robins were looking for £10million for the talented teenager.

So far, Scott remains at Ashton Gate and has made three appearances this season.

On Thursday, Gold hosted a fan Q&A on football.london, where a supporter asked him about Tottenham’s plans for young homegrown talent.

“Spurs will have to start building their homegrown numbers up for the long-term,” said Gold.

“Because they have let Alli, Carter-Vickers, Clarke, Etete, Rodon (for the Premier League) and eventually will see Winks go.

“And in the short-term both Troy Parrott and Dane Scarlett have left on loan.

“Djed Spence has come through the door but the club will want to boost their numbers going forward.

“Although they may be ok for their registered limits this season which requires club trained and locally trained in the Champions League, depending on what happens with Harvey White.

“Ultimately younger academy players can bump up those numbers registered but you’d prefer Premier League ready players so I think they have to make moves for homegrown players, whether it’s in this window or the coming ones.

“As for Alex Scott, he’s a player Spurs have scouted heavily and spoken about and the 18-year-old has got a fair bit of interest in him at the moment.”

“He can float around the football pitch”
Scott enjoyed a superb breakthrough campaign last term, making 38 Championship appearances for the Robins.

The Guernsey-born prodigy also registered four goals and two assists in the league.

As per Bristol World, Scott has earned comparisons with Aston Villa and England ace Jack Grealish.

This is ‘due to dribbling style, both being fouled often, and simply the way that both wear their socks. Hence the ‘Guernsey Grealish’ label.’

And Guernsey FC boss Tony Vance told the same outlet that Scott “has got all the right attributes in terms of nothing fazes him.

“He delivers at whatever level you play him at… He’s got tremendous balance when he moves.

“He can float around the football pitch. He’s looking like a no.10-type player but things can change.”

It was an opinion at the time.

I've held my hands up countless times and admitted I made a fool of myself.

Yet your lying and poison agenda didn't let up for a second.

As said above; on the rare occasion that you are left no choice but to concede to being wrong it's hollow and disingenuous, because you continue to pedal the same schtick regardless.

I wonder if this could get interesting. La Liga refusing to register players until Barcelona puts into action its financial plan of selling off players, reducing wages bill and then being allowed to sign new players at a fraction of transfer fees received and wage s reduced.

Bullshit

Too many people are too polite to disagree with your posts.

Most just ignore your poisonous posts
But nearly 40,000 gave a positive reaction.....that's not bullshit!

giphy.gif

I'm at the Wolves game next week. If you're there I'll happily buy you a drink and shake your hand / give you a hug.

That's a genuine, honest to God offer for the whole forum to see

What would the point of any of that be?

You won't think any different of me.... Nor me of you.

What would the point of any of that be?

You won't think any different of me.... Nor me of you.
Probably not. Although I don't believe I've ever expressed a personal opinion of you as I don't consider myself qualified to do so having never met you. Although you may reconsider the unfounded troll slurs you continuously throw my way.

But it might make us realise we both support the same team and none of us is a better fan than the other.

I'll leave it with you and say goodnight.

Last edited:
Stephanie Labbe is a good keeper playing against other women. Would she be good enough to play with men? I don't think so. In that article it talks about Hayley Wickenheiser and she's a great hockey player among other women. Against men though, it's not close.

The Canadian women's team (hockey) would play against boys and my friends who played said a few key points. A) the women were super dirty and (B) the women would get destroyed. They're smaller, slower and just weren't able to compete.

Stirred up by the same protagonists.

I really need to learn my lesson and stop myself being goaded. I'll sign off for now and maybe things will settle down but it's hard to just turn away from such crass allegations.

LOL... Listen to you. You're such a farce.

I'll let you all know if Airfixx Airfixx takes me up on that drink.

I won't be....

It's a hollow jesture for 'show'.... A superficial grab for higher ground in front of a TFC audience. You're all too transparent.

Fact is no-one here gives a shit.

Stephanie Labbe is a good keeper playing against other women. Would she be good enough to play with men? I don't think so. In that article it talks about Hayley Wickenheiser and she's a great hockey player among other women. Against men though, it's not close.

The Canadian women's team (hockey) would play against boys and my friends who played said a few key points. A) the women were super dirty and (B) the women would get destroyed. They're smaller, slower and just weren't able to compete.
Spot on. Its just facile. There is also obviously gendered teams and dictates around criteria for head injury protocols and such like so it's obvious they wouldn't be allowed. I don't think an insurer would go near it it in soccer or Hockey.

Back
Top Bottom