Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Delighted i took the time to read through the last 3 pages.

Gang. This is a transfer thread give the personal bickering a fucking rest. It’s an Internet forum and no one gives a shit but we have to read through pages of shite. Have some consideration to people who fucking time to read through the shit you post.

Right… we’re still after and AM and a CB. Who are they gonna be?!

Looked good in a weak league and weak competition, so difficult to know how good/bad he might be.

We have Paskotsi in u21's - Estonian international with approaching 20 caps. But not sure I'd want to play him in Spurs first team - plays for a weak international side, albeit Ukraine is stronger but not sure its strong enough to leap from there to PL ,
Tbh, Paskotsi doesn't look particularly good for our underage teams. Does well playing in a deep block back five for a team trying not to lose by multiple goals at innternational evel. Zabarnyi plays as one of two CB's and sees lots of the ball.. taking around 100 touches per game to Paskotsi's 30-40. Zabarnyi has good short and long range passing and can use both feet, can carry the ball a bit. Paskotsi isn't great with the ball. Zabarnyi looks a much broader, grown up man and is only about ten days older than Pasktosi. Looked quite good vs Scotland in the WC qualifiers. Just don't think the levels of those players are too comparable going on their accomplishments to date, eye test, projecting future potential.

That's not to say Zabarnyi should be starting games for a top 4 PL side.. but he looks a good level to bring in if we want a development project to replace Rodon as sixth choice cb and to test him out in a few early round cup games.

Edit: 🤣 this reads like I'm being very harsh on Paskotsi.. I'm sure he's a good prospect, but Zabarnyi looks like he'll be a fairly high level player from what we've seen so far.

Do we need an AM?

As for CB I assume it will depend on Tangy or Sanchez leaving. Of whom I figured Sanchez was gone at the start of the window and lately it seems the reverse.

I wonder if our scouts will target players who won't be in the world cup. That will be a great leveler for City.

Tbh, Paskotsi doesn't look particularly good for our underage teams. Does well playing in a deep block back five for a team trying not to lose by multiple goals at innternational evel. Zabarnyi plays as one of two CB's and sees lots of the ball.. taking around 100 touches per game to Paskotsi's 30-40. Zabarnyi has good short and long range passing and can use both feet, can carry the ball a bit. Paskotsi isn't great with the ball. Zabarnyi looks a much broader, grown up man and is only about ten days older than Pasktosi. Looked quite good vs Scotland in the WC qualifiers. Just don't think the levels of those players are too comparable going on their accomplishments to date, eye test, projecting future potential.

That's not to say Zabarnyi should be starting games for a top 4 PL side.. but he looks a good level to bring in if we want a development project to replace Rodon as sixth choice cb and to test him out in a few early round cup games.

Edit: 🤣 this reads like I'm being very harsh on Paskotsi.. I'm sure he's a good prospect, but Zabarnyi looks like he'll be a fairly high level player from what we've seen so far.

How do you say "IN THE MUD" in Estonian?

:mourhandlaugh:

Delighted i took the time to read through the last 3 pages.

Gang. This is a transfer thread give the personal bickering a fucking rest. It’s an Internet forum and no one gives a shit but we have to read through pages of shite. Have some consideration to people who fucking time to read through the shit you post.

ENIC in
Levy out

Shake it all about...

Who gives 2 fucks? I want to see White given a go at AM. Forget buying anyone now.

Possible "lean" roster depth chart:

ST - Kane, Rich, Son, Lucas
LW - Son, Rich, Perisic
RW - Deki, Lucas, Rich

CM - Rod, Yves, PEH, Skipp, CM5 (Sarr?)

RWB - Emerson, Djed, Doc
LWB - Perisic, Sess, Doc

LCB - Davies, Lenglet, Dav
CCB - Dier, Lenglet
RCB - Romero, Dav

-With 3 GKs that's 23 spots on a roster.
-I'm starting to get a bit worried about Skipp's injury situation and would like to see another CM in to help cover his place in the rotation. Is this Sarr? Maybe, but it would be unfortunate if he had to ride the bench too much during crucial development years.
-Outside of that, we're also looking at possible spot minutes available in wide attack and at center back. Its hard to tell if there's enough need there to justify buying more players outside of what is already available.

To buy: CM5
To loan: Gil, Tanganga, Sarr(?)
To sell: Reggie, Winks, Ndombele, GLC

LW - Son, Rich, Perisic
RW - Deki, Lucas, Rich

RWB - Emerson, Djed, Doc
LWB - Perisic, Sess, Doc

CCB - Dier, Lenglet
RCB - Romero, Dav

-I'm starting to get a bit worried about Skipp's injury situation and would like to see another CM in to help cover his place in the rotation. Is this Sarr? Maybe, but it would be unfortunate if he had to ride the bench too much during crucial development years.
-Outside of that, we're also looking at possible spot minutes available in wide attack and at center back. Its hard to tell if there's enough need there to justify buying more players outside of what is already available.

Imagine if we could find a backup midfielder with no transfer fee, in the prime of his career, with international and Champions League final experience who'd be happy to take 50k a week.

FZ5gzyEWAAMtzBX

There is no chance of this happening, AC Milan are yet another broke club, looking for free handouts. They can't even get a deal done for Tanganga.

According to CalcioMercatoWeb, Tottenham Hotspur defender Davinson Sanchez ‘does not like’ Antonio Conte, and could leave the club this summer.

The Colombian joined Spurs in 2017 for a then club-record £42 million fee (BBC). Many believed Mauricio Pochettino had snapped up a gem at the time, but things just haven’t worked out for the defender in North London.

Antonio Conte spotted absolutely berating one Spurs player
Davinson Sanchez ‘does not like’ Antonio Conte
AC Milan have long been linked with a move for a Tottenham defender, but it was Japhet Tanganga. The young Englishman looked almost certain to move to the San Siro at one point, but that deal seems to have collapsed.

As a result, the Italian champions have now turned their attention to Sanchez, who was an unused substitute in Tottenham’s opening game of the season last weekend.

The report claims that Sanchez ‘does not like Conte very much’. It has also been claimed that the Spurs boss is pushing to get rid of him, and Milan are contenders in the race to sign him.

The Italian giants are on the market for a new centre-half. They have been linked with plenty of names over the last few weeks, but Sanchez may well be the most gettable option.

The Colombian has entered the final two years of his contract, and it is clear that he’s not the first choice at Spurs. He could well be moved on, but the report claims that Milan will only go for him if they can’t find anyone else.

If a deal does happen, it will likely be a loan with an option to buy.

Sanchez is a decent defender, but he’s nowhere near the top of Conte’s pecking order at Tottenham.

Cristian Romero, Eric Dier, Clement Lenglet and Ben Davies are all ahead of the Colombian in the pecking order, and that’s unlikely to change anytime soon.

As a result, a move away for Sanchez is the best thing for all parties involved. He’s still only 26 and his best years are ahead of him. If he can find his feet in the Serie A, he could well fulfil the potential he once showed when he was at Ajax.

Sanchez’s current contract at Tottenham will expire in the summer of 2024.

I wonder if this could get interesting. La Liga refusing to register players until Barcelona puts into action its financial plan of selling off players, reducing wages bill and then being allowed to sign new players at a fraction of transfer fees received and wage s reduced.

What a mess, I wish that could have happened to Man shitty or Chavski.

Imagine if we could find a backup midfielder with no transfer fee, in the prime of his career, with international and Champions League final experience who'd be happy to take 50k a week.

FZ5gzyEWAAMtzBX

If we kept Winks on as CM5 I wouldn't be too upset about it. I just don't think he has the size to play prem CM at a top level club, and on top of that, seems well past his shelf life considering he clearly doesn't have a long term future as a starter or potential starter at Spurs. Any value left on his contract continues to decline as well. Considering our aversion to silly salaries and the likely dearth of minutes, I really have no idea who a more realistic target would be though. Punting on the question until the winter window and keeping Sarr until then (with loan after?) as the CM5 might be a more clever way to go about it.

Alasdair Gold has claimed that Tottenham Hotspur have scouted Bristol City’s Alex Scott “heavily”.

Spurs have been linked with the 18-year-old midfield talent for quite a few months now.

At the end of February, London World claimed that Spurs were leading the race to sign Scott.
The Mirror repeated the claim in April, also reporting that Tottenham were up against Leeds for his signature.

“As for Alex Scott, he’s a player Spurs have scouted heavily and spoken about and the 18-year-old has got a fair bit of interest in him at the moment.”

After all this "heavy scouting" it may be time for Levy to come up with a heavy bid :cool:

Don’t get why tanganga needs to leave ? May be on loan but who we going to buy that is better than him for reasonable money? Good loan spell with decent team build up his confidence and experience should do the trick. Remember when he burst on the scene jan 2020 everyone was saying we had a HG gem.

LW - Son, Rich, Perisic
RW - Deki, Lucas, Rich

RWB - Emerson, Djed, Doc
LWB - Perisic, Sess, Doc

CCB - Dier, Lenglet
RCB - Romero, Dav

Couldn’t Romero play CCB? He has better passing ability than dier and can bring the ball out just as good. That would mean Sanchez can play rcb. We could have a 3 of llenglet, Romero and Dav.
Save the money and buy real top quality AM where we need it.

Don’t get why tanganga needs to leave ? May be on loan but who we going to buy that is better than him for reasonable money? Good loan spell with decent team build up his confidence and experience should do the trick. Remember when he burst on the scene jan 2020 everyone was saying we had a HG gem.
tanganga is not able to play in this system with the 3-line defence
>20M for him are fair, <20M or a loan are useless and I would keep the player

He wouldnt be the first home grown player to look really good in their first few games but that being the high water mark. See the likes of Paul Moran, Andy Turner, Darren Caskey, Andros Townsend, Ryan Mason. I dont think Tanganga is quite good enough for us but can see him having a decent career elsewhere so he just needs to play.

Alasdair Gold has claimed that Tottenham Hotspur have scouted Bristol City’s Alex Scott “heavily”.

Alex Scott? Does Ali Gold read this forum? Given the last few pages of arguments about references to woman's football here, is this a wind-up? He's mocking us!

:sonpoint:

Couldn’t Romero play CCB? He has better passing ability than dier and can bring the ball out just as good. That would mean Sanchez can play rcb. We could have a 3 of llenglet, Romero and Dav.
Save the money and buy real top quality AM where we need it.

Drop Dier and have Sanchez in?

Hmmmmm.

It's well past time people like you put some respect on Dier's name tbh.

Joel Mchale Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Back
Top Bottom