Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You obviously did not get my point.
Every time someone posts a Romano post he's a tap-in merchant and whatnot...but when others post the same, even later, no one bothers posting sarcastic remarks.
And you turned on your sarcastic mode when you saw Romano's name mentioned :cool:
Saying Spurs will sign a loanee, where we have an option to do so, when the loanee is becoming one of the best players in his position is little more than educated guessing.
ANYONE could put that out there and probably be right.

It was, in loads of places

But on this forum the words option and obligation mean the same thing and are completely interchangeable.
In much the same was "our" and "are" have become the same word.
If it was an option why was he already on a long term contract? That don't make sense.

Every time someone posts a Romano post he's a tap-in merchant and whatnot...but when others post the same, even later, no one bothers posting sarcastic remarks.

Few are put on a pedestal as much as Romano is though..... And (some) people are beginning to question whether it is warranted.

He posts a lot more filler than he used to (which, granted, isn't helped by all the re-tweets by other people).

Everton are among ten clubs interested in signing Tottenham outcast Tanguy Ndombele on a loan-to-buy deal, according to a report from FootMercato.

Ndombele joined Spurs in a £60m deal in 2019 but has failed to make a positive impact at the club and was loaned back to Lyon for the second half of last season after Antonio Conte made him surplus to requirements.

With Lyon unable to afford him he returned to north London but with no future at the club, Everton are among a host of clubs across Europe who are interested in signing the 27-year-old.

However Everton, Aston Villa, Nottingham Forest, Marseille, Real Betis, Bayer Leverkusen, AC Milan and Galatasaray are also keeping track of the situation although they currently see a deal as too expensive.

Steer clear

Ndombele is exactly the type of signing that the club have been pushing to move away from in recent windows, and signing him would be a backwards step.

Despite his obvious talent on the ball, Ndombele has struggled with the pace of the English game and with his massive wages and the fee Spurs would demand to make it happen it should be a non-starter.

Everton
The addition of Amadou Onana plus the reportedly imminent arrival of Idrissa Gueye should see the midfield strong enough for the coming season and he’s simply not needed.

While he would definitely add creativity and quality to the side, the rest of his game doesn’t suit what Everton want or need in that area and it would be a statement signing for no reason.

Talented? Yes. Needed? No. This is one fans shouldn’t get excited about and the club should stay well away from if they have any sense.

Everton are among ten clubs interested in signing Tottenham outcast Tanguy Ndombele on a loan-to-buy deal, according to a report from FootMercato.

Ndombele joined Spurs in a £60m deal in 2019 but has failed to make a positive impact at the club and was loaned back to Lyon for the second half of last season after Antonio Conte made him surplus to requirements.

With Lyon unable to afford him he returned to north London but with no future at the club, Everton are among a host of clubs across Europe who are interested in signing the 27-year-old.

However Everton, Aston Villa, Nottingham Forest, Marseille, Real Betis, Bayer Leverkusen, AC Milan and Galatasaray are also keeping track of the situation although they currently see a deal as too expensive.

Steer clear

Ndombele is exactly the type of signing that the club have been pushing to move away from in recent windows, and signing him would be a backwards step.

Despite his obvious talent on the ball, Ndombele has struggled with the pace of the English game and with his massive wages and the fee Spurs would demand to make it happen it should be a non-starter.

Everton
The addition of Amadou Onana plus the reportedly imminent arrival of Idrissa Gueye should see the midfield strong enough for the coming season and he’s simply not needed.

While he would definitely add creativity and quality to the side, the rest of his game doesn’t suit what Everton want or need in that area and it would be a statement signing for no reason.

Talented? Yes. Needed? No. This is one fans shouldn’t get excited about and the club should stay well away from if they have any sense.

Get less legs than Heather McCartney

Anyone who supported the hiring of Nuno needed to be banned from here.
Fucking car crash.
Anyone who supported not spending a penny in 2 windows should have been sin binned. Is anyone looking at Leicester and saying "ooh well they have squad harmony and don't need to integrate new players"
Course not. They're mocking the fuck out of them. Rightly so.

The correct way to behave is to credit people where it's due and call them out when it's not.
Which is exactly what any reasonable person does.

Retrospectively spending 0 in 2 windows was brilliant move.

After that money was trusted to clueless idiots and we literally lost close to 200 million euros.

Would have been much better off without waste of oxygen that are Ndombelly and LoCelso.
White, Devine and their mates getting minutes would have put club into better position than the "star players" we got in.

Though I agree- at the time, not spending money was frustrating and hard to understand (apart from stadium completion needs)...

Option.... oh, so the dozens of articles that stated it was an option  were right.

Like I said, when everyone kept saying obligation.

I think it was reported as an option which became an obligation if certain targets were hit.

Doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things - he's been a very good loan signing, and delighted we are converting that to a permanent signing at, what seems to me, a bargain £41m for a 5 year contract.

I think Cote would bite the hand off anyone offering another CB who was as good as Romero at either LCB or CCB

How do you say "IN THE MUD" in Estonian?

:mourhandlaugh:

As designated Estonian in this forum, I am sure I can help you with this :thumbup:

In the mud is "mudas".
But actually in here when we talk about poor quality leagues the term we use is "in the league of mud" which translates to "mudaliigas" in Estonian ;) .

But generally speaking - Paskotši has been definite starter for the senior NT, but overall the team level is poor. And obviously mostly involved in defending. I was happy that he was involved in the squad for some cup games, but given that Spurs has Royal, Spence, Doherty on the RWB position and Maksim was not involved in preseason either, it seems that his ship has sailed.

Dude, don't use google translate for small languages..

Your version is not an actual word in Estonian :D but if I would have to interpret this then "onakas" might be some weird slang translation to "wanking" so translating your translation back would be something like "he wanking".

P.S you can trust me - Estonian is my native language ;)

Don’t like to disagree without adding a reason as to why, and I recognise what follows is highlighting a lot of the “negatives”

So as I see this, Levy / ENIC took over the forth most successful club in English football history. In 22 years they have seen tangible success once. They have gone close a couple more times.

In that period of time they have gone through more than 10 first team coaches. Various directors of football and hundreds of players. They have sold three of their biggest assets in that period setting the team back years when doing so. They once sold Keane and Berbatov in a single window. Madness. Sold Bale and replaced him with much that was questionable.

They hit gold with a coaching team and then managed to kill the golden goose with baffling decisions. Selling Dembele and replacing him with ?? Window after window failing to buy a striker. Jose for the sake of Amazon. Ridiculous.

The stadium was ultimately a success, but for a good 5 years it was a total farce. And it was how many millions over budget ?

On the more positive, they have done a lot for the local community in recent years, they are majorly promoting the club in evolving markets and they do seem very much to be learning lessons, so maybe 🤔 we will ultimately find the good outweighs the disappointment.
We sold our most valuable assets, yet that did not prevent us from climbing up the table year after year to the point that not making CL, a dream when we had these valuable assets, is now deemed a failure. And, in spite of the lack of trophies, Levy still grew the financial muscle and stature of the club. Not winning trophies was more due to factors other than Levy's stewardship, as we did make a few finals, and a CL one, at that!

But all this takes time. Arguably that time could have been shorter. The stadium could have been built earlier getting us to the point we are now sooner, but there were impediments that were outside of Levy's control. But we're here now. And it was worth the fucking wait.

Back
Top Bottom