Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One of us! :contefists: yiddo! yiddo!

Like I said...Congrats and Respect to Mr Levy for getting him here. Now prove your Ambition and Balls by keeping him here!
With utd in turmoil at the moment we have a good chance of staying amongst it although I don't think we will win a league title but certainly regular trips to the CL will attract half decent players and boost club profile.

The league will be strong this year but we are strong.

I wish we could bring in an elite CB like Skirainar or De Virj and another attacker by window end as I think with a bit more depth we could keep close to City and Pool.

I wish we could bring in an elite CB like Skirainar or De Virj and another attacker by window end as I think with a bit more depth we could keep close to City and Pool.

Maybe we will keep Gil, Sarr, and Tanganga until midseason after all? It'd pretty much fill out the squad immediately, and end further transfer needs for us. Half a season under Conte would probably do them good, just so long as we actually loan them out in the winter window afterwards. I'd honestly prefer it to spending any dumb money on questionable players.

Maddison scoring today and was Leicester’s best player. That follows up an assist from last week. Really think he would be a huge coup for us. Not sure why we’re not putting in a 60m bid

If we're talking about players that can make it a legit title challenge then cool,

But pushing the boat out just to get closer?

.....We're on that trajectory already; so as long as Conte is happy then why not wait til those game-changers are available to us?

As for whom:

CB: The Skriniar/PSG deal looks dead now, so maybe there's something still in the offing that can be done there via Inter....?
AM: Madison / Zaniolo aren't that guy (IMO).

Elite RB is still the biggest omission from our best XI.

Maddison scoring today and was Leicester’s best player. That follows up an assist from last week. Really think he would be a huge coup for us. Not sure why we’re not putting in a 60m bid
Best player today isn’t saying much considering Leicester are atrocious. He was shit all game other than the goal. He’s not a 60 mil player.

Also Conte doesn’t want him.

I thought he was meh today outside the goal. I like him but not convinced he's the missing ingredient, you either play him as a pure 10 or not at all. I'd still like us to find that creative midfielder who is comfortable dropping a bit deeper but those are few and far between.

He should be a shoe in for the England squad though, if Southgate isn't a coward. In miles better form than the other creative options.

I think tomorrow's game should give us a good indication of how far we've come, and what we still need to do.

If we drop £60million on securing Maddison this summer I'll get "Levy In" tattooed on my arse cheeks

To me he's clearly saying we cannot continue repeating mistakes of the past. Conte is a winner, and wants to keep that record intact

No more missing our targets for the sake of saving a few quid.

No more buy cheap buy twice shenanigans

No more self imposed transfer embargo to set us back 5 years

Act like a big club with a big manager, we'll be rewarded like a big club with a big manager

very-simple-uncomplicated.gif
This is what I'm taking from his comments.

Back
Top Bottom