Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

real madrid have vini jr, must be up for selling rodyrgo tho
Yes, but they have shown they are merciless in pursuit of success and now need to sign a "super star" after missing out on both Mbappe and Haaland. Rafael Leão may not be such a super star in the eyes of Real M. but I can't see many clubs being about the afford him right now and being able to tempt him away from AC Milan.

I think the subs today means goodbye for Lucas and Winks...maybe Berg?
How did the travelling fans treat these guys after the game?
Sun Tan Summer GIF by Pose FX

Well- game fucking on. Us securing CL has completely changed our attractiveness levels, stability, and fortunes. I don't think we'll be hearing much about anyone wanting to leave this summer.

Go all out to secure Bastoni, a RWB, and Eriksen on a free. That might be all that we really need. Adding an attacker on a free beyond that while moving on Berg would be great.

-Eriksen can cover CM, RW and LW, or CAM in a 3-4-1-2.
-I really want Singo at RWB- guy is an absolute unit and loves to run with the ball, but Kostic or Perisic there/lwb also would be great too. We should look to carry 5 wbs next season.
-Move Bergwijn on and sign a versatile attacker who can cover across the front three. We have ALOT of options now that we have CL in the bag.
-Go all out to get Bastoni- the guy is the best young option in his position and looks the actual physical counterpart of Romero. It would be another legendary CB pairing in the making.

Outgoings - I'm happy with any of the current first team staying. The main thing is I hope the players out on loan don't return.

I don't think Tanganga and Rodon are quite up to it, so time to move on . I think Reggie is probably on his way back to Spain.

I would prefer Royale, Sanchez, PEH to be squad players, not first choice.

I hope Moura stays. Berg needs to move on for more first team football. Same as Winks.

Incomings

Not going to pretend I know overseas leagues so will stick with what I've seen ... the hype train on here got me excited about ndombele and lo celso, and told me our Jan signings (which secured us 4th ) were shite...

I'd like Eriksen to come back. Never had any pace so could easily play to 35. Passing and vision to unblock bus parking teams.
Raphina, I suspect is on his way to Munich or Barca or somewhere , but he would be superb for us .
Happily pick bones from Burnley corpse ; cornet, pope , Tarkowski
Bissouma from Brighton.
Also some full backs please.

Main thing is Conte ... I trust the guy to improve the team with whoever he brings in , whether I've heard of them or not .

Last edited:
I think the subs today means goodbye for Lucas and Winks...maybe Berg?
How did the travelling fans treat these guys after the game?

Bergwijn seems to want to go back to Netherlands with Ajax - for whatever reason doesn't seem to be Conte's cup of tea ...... maybe because he doesn't look like a hard worker (although I think his work record isn't bad. Agree Winks probably off

Moura is on record he wants to stay around to run down his contract and retire back to Brazil. Not sure he'd attract a decent fee so I think he'll stay as we have too many other positions to fill.

Bergwijn seems to want to go back to Netherlands with Ajax - for whatever reason doesn't seem to be Conte's cup of tea ...... maybe because he doesn't look like a hard worker (although I think his work record isn't bad. Agree Winks probably off

Moura is on record he wants to stay around to run down his contract and retire back to Brazil. Not sure he'd attract a decent fee so I think he'll stay as we have too many other positions to fill.
I have no problem with Moura doing that, he's been a good squad player worth the fee we paid for him.

I have no problem with Moura doing that, he's been a good squad player worth the fee we paid for him.
Kind of enjoyed watching him slide back RWB, after Bergwijn came on. Norwich had no attack to threaten Moura defensively, but he could possibly be an attacking wrinkle at RWB next season, if we’re chasing a goal.

In: Johnstone (free), Tarkowski (free), Pau Torres (lo celso plus cash), Perisic (free) Bissouma (40m? Last year of contract I think), A RWB (I don't know who, but spend the money), Eriksen (free) Bale (free).

I know that's a lot of players (8) bit so many free transfers and several who know Conte, the club or both.

Out: Gollini, Rodon, Emerson, Sessegnon, Bergwijn, lo celso, ndombele.

Squad: Lloris (Johnstone, Austin?)

Romero (Sanchez) Dier (Tarkowski) Torres (Davies) and Tanganga as 7th choice.

A RWB (Doherty) Skipp (Hojbjerg) Bissouma (Bentacour) Perisic (Reguillon) plus Eriksen as a midfield option. Winks as the injury crisis option.

Kulusevski (Eriksen again, Moura) Son (Bale)

Kane (Bale again)

That's 25 players, cover in all positions, upgraded first team, 5 club trained, at least 8 home grown (if Doherty counts, then 9). Something like that is doable in my opinion. Is Traore possible as RWB, I'd love to see it, think he'd combine so well with Kulusevski.

I know this is far too long, nobody is going to read it. You bastards, I hate you all.

Last edited:
In: Johnstone (free), Tarkowski (free), Pau Lopez (lo celso plus cash), Perisic (free) Bissouma (40m? Last year of contract I think), A RWB (I don't know who, but spend the money), Eriksen (free) Bale (free).

I know that's a lot of players (8) bit so many free transfers and several who know Conte, the club or both.

Romero (Sanchez) Dier (Tarkowski) Lopez (Davies) and Tanganga as 7th choice.

A RWB (Doherty) Skipp (Hojbjerg) Bissouma (Bentacour) Perisic (Reguillon) plus Eriksen as a midfield option. Winks as the injury crisis option.

Kane (Bale again)

That's 25 players, cover in all positions, upgraded first team, 5 club trained, at least 8 home grown (if Doherty counts, then 9). Something like that is doable in my opinion. Is Traore possible as RWB, I'd love to see it, think he'd combine so well with Kulusevski.

I know this is far too long, nobody is going to read it. You bastards, I hate you all.
TLDR
:rolleyes:

In: Johnstone (free), Tarkowski (free), Pau Lopez (lo celso plus cash), Perisic (free) Bissouma (40m? Last year of contract I think), A RWB (I don't know who, but spend the money), Eriksen (free) Bale (free).

Romero (Sanchez) Dier (Tarkowski) Lopez (Davies) and Tanganga as 7th choice.

Kane (Bale again)

This Bale chat needs to stop.

Even Eriksen I'm a bit iffy on just on how keen he was to leave the club, not sure he really wants to come back. But I'd be willing to give it a go as he's proven he can still cut it in the prem.

As always with ENIC, I'll believe it when I see it.

But they really have nowhere to hide this summer. Conte has proved his worth, we have UCL money incoming, and he simply won't accept any excuses for not getting it done in the summer window like Pochettino did.

Also, I know he's limited by what Levy will give him but it makes me feel so much better that Paratici is negotiating and handling transfers. It's not his money and he doesn't get off and polish his ego on being the "world's toughest negotiator" like Levy does.

We'll either have a strong window or ENIC will be ruthlessly exposed and face massive uproar from our fans. Honestly think we're in a pretty good spot going into the summer, but will remain cautious.

Just give Conte whatever he fucken wants. If we can stretch to it, do it.

He brought in players within our budget who, combined with the changes to systems, fitness, and morale, meant we looked like a side who could beat anyone on its day. And they are young. Conte has an eye for a player. He nearly brought in Luis Dias as well ffs.

We've also got some steel about us. Romero is the best centre half in the league and we lost him for the last crucial few games of the season. But that didn't fuck us up. Instead, Sanchez looked and safe pair of hands, Davies continued his late career Maldini-esque purple patch, and Diet quietly steered the defence to glory.

Trust Conte's decisions even if they seem difficult. N'dombele, Lo Celso, Dele, these guys are quality and we all know that in the right conditions there are top quality performances in there. But Conte knows if the player is done for us or not. He's not shy about fucking off a big talent if he thinks it will mean a net gain for the wider team dynamic.

With the right recruitment, fortune with injuries, and some momentum, Conte's Spurs can go all the way.

Back
Top Bottom