Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Outgoings:

- Gollini (loan)
- Emerson (not a RWB)
- Reguilon (lost the battle with Sess, most likely RM will trigger the buyback, if not it'll be easy to find La Liga bidders for him)
- Rodon (loan him to a mid-table EPL side, the kid has talent)
- Sanchez (not consistent enough, he as well would prefer regular football instead of sitting in the bench)
- Winks (not good enough)
- Sarr (loan him to an EPL/Championship side, Norwich would be excellent)
- Lo Celso (Villarreal will get him, surely)
- Ndombele (Paratici will offload him, surely)
- Bergwijn (too good to be an impact sub, not good enough to contest the starting spot of Son/Kulusevski).
- Lucas (deserves a heroes farewell, but the same argument as Bergwijn).
- Gil (loan him to an EPL side, same as Rodon).

Incomings:

- Johnstone. Good backup, English, free. Could make some competition for Hugo.
- RWB. Spence looks done. He also looks like he has incredible potential, from what I've seen towards the end of the season for Nottingham he looks made for a Conte system.
- LWB. Someone like Kostic or Perisic would be great, Cucurrella would be incredible. A very outside chance of Cornet now that Burnley are down?
- CB. Bastoni or Laporte are the dreams, Pau Torres looks way more gettable because of Lo Celso. Will most likely need another CB since we're letting Dav go and need competition for Dier. Skriniar or Bremer would be great options.
- CM. Bissouma seems the perfect fit, Kalvin Philipps, McGinn or Jacob Ramsey are also great options, otherwise any chance we snatch De Jong from United?
- CAM. Eriksen would give us that creative spark that we've been missing for so long, and would also allow us to play a 3-4-1-2 instead of a 3-4-3.
- Striker/Winger. As mentioned previously, Gabriel Jesus is a great shout, however I'd like if we went for Sterling. To me he does everything Jesus does, but better, and he has a great understanding with Kane.

Considering CL football and the outgoings, it doesn't look that unrealistic no?

Last edited:
Champions League football, a front three to match any in Europe and a truly elite manager.

Levy simply has to give Conte and Paratici the green light for serious investment this summer. We cannot make the mistake we made a few seasons back when we failed to invest for two transfer windows. It's largely why we slipped for the past three seasons.

This is a golden opportunity. A quality RWB and LWB would allow us to execute proper Conteball. But the addition of a LCB, a more creative minded CM and an improvement on Bergwijn or Lucas (whoever leaves) would turn us into a frighteningly good side.

This Bale chat needs to stop.

Even Eriksen I'm a bit iffy on just on how keen he was to leave the club, not sure he really wants to come back. But I'd be willing to give it a go as he's proven he can still cut it in the prem.
I'm not going on the glory days of Bale, just that when he was on loan here he was an effective squad player I think. Having someone like that to rotate in and out of the side is useful, he's still a great finisher and has enough left in the tank to be a squad player.

Outgoings:

- Gollini (loan)
- Emerson (not a RWB)
- Reguilon (lost the battle with Sess, most likely RM will trigger the buyback, if not it'll be easy to find La Liga bidders for him)
- Sanchez (not consistent enough, he as well would prefer regular football instead of sitting in the bench)
- Bergwijn (too good to be an impact sub, not good enough to contest the starting spot of Son/Kulusevski).

Incomings:

- RWB. Spence looks done. He also looks like he has incredible potential, from what I've seen towards the end of the season for Nottingham he looks made for a Conte system.
- LWB. Someone like Kostic or Perisic would be great, Cucurrella would be incredible. A very outside chance of Cornet now that Burnley are down?
- CB. Bastoni or Laporte are the dreams, Pau Torres looks way more gettable because of Lo Celso. Will most likely need another CB since we're letting Dav go and need competition for Dier. Skriniar or Bremer would be great options.
- CM. Bissouma seems the perfect fit, Kalvin Philipps, McGinn or Jacob Ramsey are also great options, otherwise any chance we snatch De Jong from United?
- CAM. Eriksen would give us that creative spark that we've been missing for so long, and would also allow us to play a 3-4-1-2 instead of a 3-4-3.
- Striker/Winger. As mentioned previously, Gabriel Jesus is a great shout, however I'd like if we went for Sterling. To me he does everything Jesus does, but better, and he has a great understanding with Kane.

So much wrong with this post:

1) Gollini was on loan to us so we wouldn't be loaning him out, he'll go back to Atlanta or we extend for the vibes
2) On what planet are Madrid paying 40m for Reg?
3) Loan with obligation to buy for Rodon is fine but no point just doing a straight loan
4) Johnstone going Palace we're getting fat Forster
5) Don't know all the contract situations but just can't envision us signing the likes of Laporte/Sterling from City. After Liverpool we're looking like their biggest threat now

I'm not going on the glory days of Bale, just that when he was on loan here he was an effective squad player I think. Having someone like that to rotate in and out of the side is useful, he's still a great finisher and has enough left in the tank to be a squad player.
He is probably still good for a few goals against lower opposition but he's not reliable across a season.

I don't think he is the kind of guy to get on board with Conte's intensity. He really doesn't give a fuck about club football and I don't think he has any real affinity with Spurs tbh.

We are now one of the hardest working teams in the league, he doesn't fit this style at all.

So much wrong with this post:

1) Gollini was on loan to us so we wouldn't be loaning him out, he'll go back to Atlanta or we extend for the vibes
2) On what planet are Madrid paying 40m for Reg?
3) Loan with obligation to buy for Rodon is fine but no point just doing a straight loan
4) Johnstone going Palace we're getting fat Forster
5) Don't know all the contract situations but just can't envision us signing the likes of Laporte/Sterling from City. After Liverpool we're looking like their biggest threat now
For Gollini I meant that he's on loan, so we can send him back.
Madrid are paying that for Reguilon if another La Liga club like Atleti come for him. If not, we can take a 10M loss to ship him out.
Johnstone and Forster would be the same for me. The only issue with Forster is the age.
Rodon has talent. A loan would do him good, no need to try to get rid of him with the obligation clause.
Laporte and Sterling are dream scenarios (Laporte more so that Sterling). Obviously there are other options as well.

They have that money and are not scared of spending it. How much did they spend on Pepe, 75 mill? 50 mill on White etc. Kroenke opened the spending taps a few seasons ago without CL football on offer

It's not a bottomless pit.... Their finances already weren't in very good shape thanks to years without CL combined with some stupid wage and contract management.

Kronke took a punt on Arteta over the past 2 summers (with scant return), but I wouldn't be at all suprised to see the spending dry up again within the next 12 months.

Last edited:
Outgoings:

- Gollini (loan)
- Emerson (not a RWB)

Incomings:

I know we are all excited but this isn’t FIFA 22 mate

I think we'll go for Perisic and Eriksen just because they are free and quality.
Another CB, RB and back-up striker.

So 5 signings is that too much? Not really considering that we'll sell 5-8 players.

Based off media links since Paratici and Conte have been here I think we will end up with Fraser Forster, Pau Torres, Filip Kostic, Adama Traore and Darwin Nunez.

Seems like a lot of shit is getting done early this summer (WCup-ism?).....

Fab & Conte best get their heads together quick now we know CL is in the bag.

Outgoings:

- Gollini (loan)
- Emerson (not a RWB)

Incomings:

agree with the outgoings. shame about bergwijn but hes just lacked that real spark here consistently so maybe a move is good for both parties. yea gil, if hes going to be loaned out again needs to be loaned to a prem team, palace would be ideal as he can stay in london then too. rodon also needs to see if he can stand up to the test of premier league football, so a loan to a prem team also good for him.

when we played brighton that bissouma did look decent, can he play the same role as PEH and bent tho? we got that sarr coming in so theres hope hes going to be a gem. im probably in the minority but i wouldnt touch eriksen, he wanted to leave us...fuck him. like taking a bird back after shes fucked you off for someone else and then comes back after it didnt work out for her, no thanks! he was also a reason why we couldn't get over the line in the league race and the CL final. your playmaker needs to step up in them situations and he didnt. look at KDB today, sets up the winner. thats what big players do they hammer it home when it really matters.

I think we'll go for Perisic and Eriksen just because they are free and quality.
Another CB, RB and back-up striker.

So 5 signings is that too much? Not really considering that we'll sell 5-8 players.
I think we'll bring in 6-8 players and shift around the same.

I think the way to identify our key players by identifying ' Player of the season', 'Signing of the Season' and 'Most improved Player' plus an unlimited number of runners up.

Those players not in any of the categories (and players can only be nominated in one category) will be players who might be candidates for the ''exit list'

Player of the Season: Son ........... Runners Up : Dier, Hojbjerg, Kane, Llloris, Skipp (up to when he was injured) Total 6 players

Signing of the Season: Kulusevski ..............Runners Up : Bentancur, Romero Total 3 players

Most Improved Player: Davies ............. Runners Up : Sessegnon, Doherty Total 3 players

So that's 12 players who are in our 3 categories to which other players who we probably want to keep are Sanchez (solid CB even if not as good as we expected when he signed), Austin (HG 3rd GK), Moura or Bergwijn (we expect Bergwijn to demand to leave as he's not playing much whilst Moura wants to run his contract down until 2024 when it ends). Tanganga might be on the list but he really needs a loan as he's not played that many games in 3 years of being part of the first team squad.

Which takes us up to 17 players we want to be here next season.

So the other players not named above who might be candidates for exit are :

Golini - loan expires, option to buy not taken up
Reguilon - Seems to have all/most of the prerequisites to be a top LWWB .... but it never comes together. So any substantial bid (say £30m) and we sell
Royal - Good RB in defence, just not attack minded. So a bid of say £25m and he's off.
Rodon - Never plays under Mourhino or Conte, despite playing well for Wales, so needs to move for his own sanity. Maybe £15m to £20m
Winks - Seems to have regressed, no longer of the standard required
Moura or Bergwijn (as above)

I'm not sure that either Sarr or Gil have shown enough on loan to be good enough for Spurs first team so I'd loan them out again ..... or sell them to generate funds.

so we want to bring in a minimum of 6 players (yo give us a 23 man squad) to replace outgoings, and ideally (but unlikely due to both cost and availability ? ) 8 players (to give us a 25 man squad) !

Players to bring in

Back up GK
LCB
RWB
LWB
CM
Forward

Other players we might bring in as free or cheap transfers to increase squad size includes Tarkowski (free CB from Burnley), Cornet (LWB or left sided attacker £15m buy out clause from Burnley),

I don't play FIFA manager so can't hipster name-drop some kid from the Kazakhstan 2nd division.

But I do hope that now Paratici has settled in with Conte they can raid Italian teams early doors so we have a full preseason. None of this haggling over payment terms into August crap. Let's skip the dare/dream part for once.

I think that we'll get the Stadium naming rights fixed this summer. Conte, Champions League and Covid restrictions gone. If we can't get it done now it'll never happen.

not sure Lucas will go, not his footballing abilitiy but he speaks many languages and from what is said he acts as the welcoming/familarisation player at the club,

Back
Top Bottom