Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's really very obvious what has happened with Bale. Madrid gave him a 6 year deal as one of the highest paid sportsmen on the planet.
They then decided they didn't want him anymore but no one else would match his salary.
He decided to hold them to their promise to pay him however many hundreds of millions promised. They tried to make him leave by freezing him out of the team.
He didn't care. He's won everything at club level.
Hopefully his decision to take them for the money they promised him has ramifications for all big name players, wages and fees. It cannot continue where a handful of clubs pay 3, 4, even 5 times the going salary to eat up talent. Because when they no longer want that talent no one can afford them
It is not so obvious what's really happened behind the scene. I know Real Madrid is a "crazy" club with their spoiled fans who can turn on any of their players any time but I don't think Bale is totally innocent either.
There has been quite a bit of talk about why & how injury-prone Lo Celso is always fit when it's time to play for Argentina.
So imagine the reaction among Spurs fans if Lo Celso had sported an Argentinian flag with his Argentian teammates with the text: "Argentina, Golf, Spurs. In that order" while he smiles :cool:

Last edited:
To be fair Warnock told him to clear off on loan 'to sort himself out' and also said he didnt know where Spence would be in 5 years, either at the top level or non league so dont think much love lost. Warnock is such an arsehole but it does make you wonder how Spence would cope with Conte!
Conte is at a different level to Neil Warnock if you are an arrogant young player.

It is not so obvious what's really happened behind the scene. I know Real Madrid is a "crazy" club with their spoiled fans who can turn on any of their players any time but I don't think Bale is totally innocent either.
There has been quite a bit of talk about why & how injury-prone Lo Celso is always fit when it's time to play for Argentina.
So imagine the reaction among Spurs if Lo Celso had sported an Argentinian flag with his Argentian teammates with the text: "Argentina, Golf, Spurs. In that order" while he smiles :cool:

Bale did that AFTER he was mistreated so no, you’re wrong

Maybe get your facts right before humiliating yourself in public you chump.

Unpopular opinion but i think if we're going for a 21/22 year old homegrown wing back i'd go for Max Aarons over Spence . His stock has fallen massively over the last year as Norwich are so utterly shit but he's only a few months older than Spence, he's quicker and better on the ball as well imo with no question marks over attitude and a bit more experience.
Let him go.

Paratici scouted Emerson, so I'm not sure I want him choosing Conte's next RWB.

Unless Antonio has given him a very specific set of criteria, beginning with composure & vision on the ball.
Emerson was scouted to play RB in a back 4 for Nuno, not to play as a RWB for Conte. Completely different requirements and player profile.

Given Paratici's success with Deki, Bentancur and Romero, I'd more than trust him to scout a RWB for Conte.

It was true then, it took four months from the day he signed for him to even be able to run properly. He was a shadow of himself in the first half of the season, could barely accelerate.

We were a nice holiday camp for him to prepare for the EUROs, since he returned to his parent club he has played almost no football and had constant injuries. He has checked out of club football now. Even an old softie like Ancelotti picks the fitter, more energetic players like Valverde and Rodrygo over him. He is done.
It took him some time to get match fit, no disagreement there but that’s to be expected given he hadn’t been playing then either. You aren’t finished because you aren’t match fit, you just get fit. And he did. Why can’t he again? He had a successful loan with us overall, is that not true?

I wasnt comparing their managerial talents obviously just that he might be a bit too cocky for Conte. Hopefully he'll knuckle down.
You'd hope but Dele, Lo celso, Ndombele and others have failed to do that.

Also, it's better if the manager isn't bogged down in trying to manage unruly players and can instead focus on the football.

Ndombele took up so much of Mourinho's time and energy here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bale did that AFTER he was mistreated so no, you’re wrong

Maybe get your facts right before humiliating yourself in public you chump.
The chump, in this case, is clearly you 😁 Your comment is totally devoid of any kind of insight but since you lack that insight to see it for yourself I just feel pity for you
I am sure you think it was wise of Bale to do what he did and that you think it helped the situation he was in😁
It happened almost 3 years ago...
So, since you know exactly what happened behind the scene maybe you can tell us exactly why Bale has no fault at all ....since you believe there is only 1 side of this story.
Real Madrid is not the first club that has frozen out a player they don't want. Spurs have done it with several players as well, like Rose and Ndombele in more recent time, in case you have forgotten.
And seeing their results it doesn't seem to have affected Real M. in a negative way.

The chump, in this case, is clearly you 😁 Your comment is totally devoid of any kind of insight but since you lack that insight to see it for yourself I just feel pity for you
I am sure you think it was wise of Bale to do what he did and that you think it helped the situation he was in😁
It happened almost 3 years ago...
So, since you know exactly what happened behind the scene maybe you can tell us exactly why Bale has no fault at all ....since you believe there is only 1 side of this story.
Real Madrid is not the first club that has frozen out a player they don't want. Spurs have done it with several players as well, like Rose and Ndombele in more recent time, in case you have forgotten.
And seeing their results it doesn't seem to have affected Real M. in a negative way.
Wrong.

Everything you just said was wrong.

👍🏾

Back
Top Bottom