Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is not so obvious what's really happened behind the scene. I know Real Madrid is a "crazy" club with their spoiled fans who can turn on any of their players any time but I don't think Bale is totally innocent either.
There has been quite a bit of talk about why & how injury-prone Lo Celso is always fit when it's time to play for Argentina.
So imagine the reaction among Spurs if Lo Celso had sported an Argentinian flag with his Argentian teammates with the text: "Argentina, Golf, Spurs. In that order" while he smiles :cool:
In this imaginary senario has Locelso won us the league a couple of times and got off the bench to score Spurs a world ending over head kick to win us a champions league against the then best club side in the world.....yeah...really not seeing the parallel

Nahuel Molina, Argentine RB. Seems pretty good in the final third. In this poor market for RWBs, this guy might be worth a look.

In this imaginary senario has Locelso won us the league a couple of times and got off the bench to score Spurs a world ending over head kick to win us a champions league against the then best club side in the world.....yeah...really not seeing the parallel
So in other words you are saying that if a player helps his club to win titles the same player is entitled to piss on his club and can put himself above the club.
Bale helped Real M. to win titles, yes, but he did not win the titles by himself, duh. He was part of one of the most star-studded teams there was. And Real M. has done very well without Bale's contribution for several years.
But you, too, think there is only 1 side to this story.

It's really very obvious what has happened with Bale. Madrid gave him a 6 year deal as one of the highest paid sportsmen on the planet.
They then decided they didn't want him anymore but no one else would match his salary.
He decided to hold them to their promise to pay him however many hundreds of millions promised. They tried to make him leave by freezing him out of the team.
He didn't care. He's won everything at club level.
Hopefully his decision to take them for the money they promised him has ramifications for all big name players, wages and fees. It cannot continue where a handful of clubs pay 3, 4, even 5 times the going salary to eat up talent. Because when they no longer want that talent no one can afford them
I would love for the bolded to be true, but going by Mbappe and Haaland's alleged wage bill I don't think any lessons were learnt.

So in other words you are saying that if a player helps his club to win titles the same player is entitled to piss on his club and can put himself above the club.
Bale helped Real M. to win titles, yes, but he did not win the titles by himself, duh. He was part of one of the most star-studded teams there was. And Real M. has done very well without Bale's contribution for several years.
But you, too, think there is only 1 side to this story.

Madrid fans are the worst in football. Bunch of ultra entitled children. They booed Ronaldo more than once because of poor form.

Did Bale taunt them a bit and give a bit back after he felt marginalised & disrespected by the club? Yep. Did Madrid deserve everything they got? Also yep.

Horrible football club. Ultra successful for sure, but horrible. Players don’t owe respect to their clubs if they haven’t been respected.

Haven't watched more than his highlight reel against the scum so have no idea of his talent or have an opinion on him.

But I did find this Boro fan's thoughts interesting.

If he did come in we would know by the Jan window how it went with Conte.

Haven't watched more than his highlight reel against the scum so have no idea of his talent or have an opinion on him.

But I did find this Boro fan's thoughts interesting.

If he did come in we would know by the Jan window how it went with Conte.

I only watched one forest game and Spence played a great pass but also looked super lazy defensively… he was just like slowly jogging behind the play or out of position defensively many times.

So I definitely saw that as a red flag.

I only watched one forest game and Spence played a great pass but also looked super lazy defensively… he was just like slowly jogging behind the play or out of position defensively many times.

I missed the second half, but yeah, if that game was representative of his ability/attitude he'd be a tier below Emerson. The laziness was breathtaking.

I remember that one ginger cb (dm?) on his team busting a gut to track back, 1v1 against the Huddersfield attacker, struggling to keep him out for what seemed like an eternity. The camera switches to an angle looking along the touchline from the nottingham forest end to the Huddersfield end, and STILL Spence was nowehere to be found.

Motherfucker was still in the opposition final third. I've not seen such laziness from a Spurs player except Ndombele for a long time.

He's obviously got talent, we saw in our FA cup game, and the ones against United and Arse, but this game confirmed a lot of the negative rumours about him.

For backup striker we should try and get Toney, He is a great player and has the added advantage of being HG. Won’t be cheap though
Toney won't play backup. He could literally be a starter for every team outside the top 4, and for Chelsea too tbh.

It is not so obvious what's really happened behind the scene. I know Real Madrid is a "crazy" club with their spoiled fans who can turn on any of their players any time but I don't think Bale is totally innocent either.
There has been quite a bit of talk about why & how injury-prone Lo Celso is always fit when it's time to play for Argentina.
So imagine the reaction among Spurs fans if Lo Celso had sported an Argentinian flag with his Argentian teammates with the text: "Argentina, Golf, Spurs. In that order" while he smiles :cool:
A lot of the time though Bale isn't even injured. Just missing or sat on the bench.

I personally have often thought in many players cases there's something more going on that what the clubs say. Dele for us for example. Something has gone wrong there for him.

Madrid fans are the worst in football. Bunch of ultra entitled children. They booed Ronaldo more than once because of poor form.

Did Bale taunt them a bit and give a bit back after he felt marginalised & disrespected by the club? Yep. Did Madrid deserve everything they got? Also yep.

Horrible football club. Ultra successful for sure, but horrible. Players don’t owe respect to their clubs if they haven’t been respected.
Madrid are just a factory, they churn out work but have zero respect for the workers once the job has been done.

I would love for the bolded to be true, but going by Mbappe and Haaland's alleged wage bill I don't think any lessons were learnt.
But - and it's a big but.....
Mbappe signed a 3 year deal rather than a 6 year deal. He may find PSG don't offer those terms again and at 25 he's a free agent and not getting paid.
Haaland seems a smart lad and has, I believe , got a release clause put into his contract. Not sure how long that contract is.

It won't stop over night. Or possibly even with this generation of players. But I can see something changing eventually. Not even PSG or Real Madrid can be seen to have players on those wages playing golf.

He’s turned down Jamaica because he wants to play for England. Spurs offer a great way to achieve this.
how if he spends most his days on the bench? He's up against Tammy Abraham, who's Roma's poster child, playing European football.

He’s turned down Jamaica because he wants to play for England. Spurs offer a great way to achieve this.

How is sitting on the bench great way to achieve this?

Either keep up (and further improving) his scoring ratio for Brendford or then stepping up to any team in or around top half of the table where he would be starter (likes of Leicester, Wet Spam, Arsescum, Brighton) would be much more likely way for him to achieve this goal.

He was fairly tracking back and covering yesterday. I’ve seen a lot of forest this season and he looks good

Back
Top Bottom