Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree, but he’d get an extra 100k on his weekly pay packet.
I can't see United throwing 60m+ at a CB this summer unless they move others on first, they've already spent a fortune on Bailly, Maguire and Varane, plus CM is their real problem area of the pitch, and finding a decent striker since Rashford has been crap this season and Ronaldo is gonna age out of that side very soon. I don't think they will seriously contest us for Bastoni.

I can't see United throwing 60m+ at a CB this summer unless they move others on first, they've already spent a fortune on Bailly, Maguire and Varane, plus CM is their real problem area of the pitch, and finding a decent striker since Rashford has been crap this season and Ronaldo is gonna age out of that side very soon. I don't think they will seriously contest us for Bastoni.
Yep.

Good chance they’re just being mentioned to try and drum up a bit of competition.

Season 10 Finale GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

with inter about to sign bremer this makes sense

9 mill for de vrijj is a steal too bastoni and de vrijj and romero now that would be epic lol
De Vrij is 30 and was a bit shit last season. 10m is a pretty big sum for him.

Bastoni is a serious player, defensively but also coming out with the ball and passing forwards

He would be an incredible signing, alongside a rejuvenated Dier and a top class Romero we would genuinely have one of the best defences in the league
We already do.

Probably 3rd best as things stand.

Add Bastoni and we're pushing Liverpool/City.

Loved Jubbly

Imagine Forster, Spence, Perisic & Eriksen done early for less than around £20mil

I reckon before our pre-season tour they're all in:

- Forster - Free
- Perisic - Free
- Eriksen - Free
- Spence - 15m
- Bastoni - 55m

They all seem straightforward deals to do outside of Bastoni, though that appears to be picking up pace again now.

I then think we add another 2/3 before the window closes but at a leisurely pace as we'd have given Conte his key men.

After those 5 I imagine the focus turns to a starting CM and a versatile attacker.

Only 70m spent on the 5 above leaves plenty left over to go balls out and drop 100m on Bissouma/SMS and a quality forward.

We already do.

Probably 3rd best as things stand.

Add Bastoni and we're pushing Liverpool/City.

Very close to 3rd best defence in PL - same number of clean sheets as Chelsea, but we conceded 40 goals versus their 33 goals, and both of ahead of all other opposition other than ManCity/Liverpool.

But if we tighten up our team in multiple places (eg better RWB and LWB pushing back their wingers/WB's so we have less defending to do) as well as a better depth of CB's ,,,,,,,, we can certainly overtake Chelsea and push the current top 2.

Lloris
(Forster)

Romero -- Dier -- Bastoni
(Tanganga) -- (Sanchez) -- (Davies)

Doherty ------------------------------- Perisic
(Spence) -------------------------------- (Sessengon)

Bissouma ------- Bentancur
(Skipp) -------- (Hojbjerg)
(Eriksen)

Kulusevski ----------- Kane ---------------- Son
(Lucas) ----------------------- (Martinez)​

Very close to 3rd best defence in PL - same number of clean sheets as Chelsea, but we conceded 40 goals versus their 33 goals, and both of ahead of all other opposition other than ManCity/Liverpool.

But if we tighten up our team in multiple places (eg better RWB and LWB pushing back their wingers/WB's so we have less defending to do) as well as a better depth of CB's ,,,,,,,, we can certainly overtake Chelsea and push the current top 2.
We had 10 games of Nuno. What about the record from Conte's arrival?

Back
Top Bottom