Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very close to 3rd best defence in PL - same number of clean sheets as Chelsea, but we conceded 40 goals versus their 33 goals, and both of ahead of all other opposition other than ManCity/Liverpool.

But if we tighten up our team in multiple places (eg better RWB and LWB pushing back their wingers/WB's so we have less defending to do) as well as a better depth of CB's ,,,,,,,, we can certainly overtake Chelsea and push the current top 2.
In the final third of the season we had the second best defense behind only Liverpool (and second best attack one goal behind City). Chelsea conceded almost twice as many goals as we did in that same period, although granted they were probably already on the beach and we had a lot to play for. Still...

Was that one from the 70s or 80s?
I forget

Baby Boomers Internet GIF

Statler

“That joke wasn’t half bad”

Waldorf

“You’re right. It was all bad!!”

LOL 😆

I would imagine this is the option should Bastoni not come but fucking hell just imagine a back line of Romero Torres Bastoni. We would have the best ball playing back line in world football.
Everyone so quick to drop our CB rock

:dier::dierno:

the grass isn't always greener.

I would imagine this is the option should Bastoni not come but fucking hell just imagine a back line of Romero Torres Bastoni. We would have the best ball playing back line in world football.
Torres would not suit the central CB spot at all.
However, if we cannot convince Bastoni to leave his mummy and home cooked Italian cuisine, then Torres would be an outstanding LCB option.

I will take either Bastoni or Torres. Two of the best ball playing LCBs in world football.

P.S. If we are really going balls to the wall for Conte this summer why can't we get both?

Torres will be a very reasonable fee with GLC as makeweight. I'd say max 30m plus Gio.

Another 50m for Bastoni and we have pretty much the best collection of CBs in world football.

80m less the fees we get for Tanganga and Rodon - lets call that 30m. 50m net for:

Romero - Bastoni - Torres
Sanchez - Dier - Davies
DO IT

I will take either Bastoni or Torres. Two of the best ball playing LCBs in world football.

P.S. If we are really going balls to the wall for Conte this summer why can't we get both?

Torres will be a very reasonable fee with GLC as makeweight. I'd say max 30m plus Gio.

Another 50m for Bastoni and we have pretty much the best collection of CBs in world football.

80m less the fees we get for Tanganga and Rodon - lets call that 30m. 50m net for:

Romero - Torres - Bastoni
Sanchez - Dier - Davies
DO IT
:dierno::dier:

On Torres, he's excellent on the ball

he also put in 2 MOTM performances vs Juve and Bayern in the run to the semi

he's top quality and would only improve under Conte.

Back
Top Bottom