Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Melt has to be the most used word on this forum

Never see it used anywhere else

Melt has been said by people from London/Essex for donkeys years, and it just used to mean someone was an idiot. A bit simple. Dim. A melt. That's the way I always heard it used (never directed at me of course haha...)

Now the internet has decided it means people being angry, short for melting down I suppose.

Either way, this place is full of melts.

I see all TFC talent scouts are out opining again.
Given how wrong the scouts often are, both good and bad, I'll sit back and judge any new players myself once they pull on the white (with yellow trim) shirt.

Unrelated news. Lacazette has just signed for Lyon. So the scum have lost £100,000,000 of strikers on free transfers in 6 months.
This is the danger IMO of continuing with bug fees. If a chairman prices the player out of moving on, they run their contract down.
I still think this will start to reduce fees everywhere.

Was reading that we only value locelso at €18 million, it hasn’t worked at spurs for him but he’s still a current Argentine international starter. We are trying to flog winks for 25 million ? Makes no sense to sell him do cheap?

Melt has to be the most used word on this forum

Never see it used anywhere else
cheese-melted-cheese.gif

tumblr_mds0ddVNUP1qgcra2o1_500.gif

BTW, I could watch the last one for hours!

Melt has been said by people from London/Essex for donkeys years, and it just used to mean someone was an idiot. A bit simple. Dim. A melt. That's the way I always heard it used (never directed at me of course haha...)

Now the internet has decided it means people being angry, short for melting down I suppose.

"Melting" is a very internety thing..... Such foot-stompy entitlement is not indulged to the same extent in real life.

Last edited:
Was reading that we only value locelso at €18 million, it hasn’t worked at spurs for him but he’s still a current Argentine international starter. We are trying to flog winks for 25 million ? Makes no sense to sell him do cheap?
It is about being business savvy. Conte seemingly does not want to keep him, Lo Celso wants to move. And we know that Villareal want him, but Villareal are not big spenders in the market so we are setting a reasonable price to get the deal done.

If Lo Celso was a player that we would be fine keeping we would probably be asking for as much as possible in a sale. But both Lo Celso and the club want to go their separate ways, which is why the price is what it is.

It is about being business savvy. Conte seemingly does not want to keep him, Lo Celso wants to move. And we know that Villareal want him, but Villareal are not big spenders in the market so we are setting a reasonable price to get the deal done.

If Lo Celso was a player that we would be fine keeping we would probably be asking for as much as possible in a sale. But both Lo Celso and the club want to go their separate ways, which is why the price is what it is.
What’s winks worth then? We don’t want him and nobody wants to pay for him?😂

What’s winks worth then? We don’t want him and nobody wants to pay for him?😂
Winks is a English player that does seemingly not want to move outside of England.

So that comes with the homegrown premium. You always slap a couple of extra mil on a homegrown player for a domestic sale.

Not to mention that Winks actually is decent and will be a fine addition to most PL midfields outside of the top 6.

Melt ?.a word used for many many years as part of another football language in other football circles ..somehow crossed over with words like banter.

'cause english players are overrated in EPL.
a defender like maguire if italian or spanish would have cost 40M
18M is a correct price for GLC
the correct price for winks could be 7-8M

Personally hope we go for Bremer rather than Pau Torres.... Torres is not strong enough, will get bullied in PL and his speed is less than Dier.... Bremers attributes are much better suited in general for PL, Strength, Stamina, Beast Like , Good pace/speed cuts out attacks quickly pushing up like Romero ... Torres only redeeming quality that is higher is in terms of forward passing... I can see being caught out playing a high line, La Liga type pace suits him, PL he will be found out plus personally he is far too expensive

I mean when we talk about physicality, I would not say that Davies is the orcest of orcs, is he.
But he can play there conviniently.

5'9 though .. aerial presence is a bit less needed as a LCB but that's still going to be a bit of a worry in the premier league. I also find signing Ajax players to carry quite a bit of risk, it's a setup which a lot of players struggle to replicate their form outside of. Going from the Eredivisie to the Premier League would be a big step up in terms of being physically tested.
Didn't Vertonghen do it? Ajax to us?

I'd rather spend big on Max Kilman than buy the Spainish lump of shit

Hell would rather Ben Mee on a free than Pow Torres

What The Hell Reaction GIF by Travis

Last summer everyone were jizzing their pants by mere idea of Pau Torres as CB option...
Now we have already brilliantly playing CB trio in place, our number 1 target (that no one even mentioned last summer) wants to stay in his boyhood club... and now Torres is "lump of shit" ?!? After helping his club to semifinal of CL.

That is some radioactive shit and kneejerk right here.

In what world do some people live in, I think I will never understand.

Back
Top Bottom