Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I reckon we get Bremer and Torres - Bremer as competition for Dier and Torres for the LCB role. When Dier is out, we really struggle with that middle centre half as Conte doesn’t really rate Rodon, seemingly.

Conte to Inter

the simpsons animation GIF

I reckon we get Bremer and Torres - Bremer as competition for Dier and Torres for the LCB role. When Dier is out, we really struggle with that middle centre half as Conte doesn’t really rate Rodon, seemingly.

I think that based on his Spurs career this far + performances under Conte, Sanchez would be good option as middle CB.

Has pace. Can head the ball (more often then not). Can tackle.

Though there would be then issue if Romero and Dier would have issues at the same time. Then it would become real tricky. I would not like to see line of Davies-Sanchez-Tanganga, specially the right flank of this defense. Even if RWB would be more defensively orientated Royal.

I think that based on his Spurs career this far + performances under Conte, Sanchez would be good option as middle CB.

Though there would be then issue if Romero and Dier would have issues at the same time. Then it would become real tricky. I would not like to see line of Davies-Sanchez-Tanganga, specially the right flank of this defense. Even if RWB would be more defensively orientated Royal.
Whilst Sanchez has improved he still looks like he's seeing a football for the first time whenever it gets near him. It's like he's trying to work out what it does and how it acts... really quite strange.

Don't see an issue here. Romero played as CCB for Atalanta and Sanchez can slot into the RCB place.

To be fair most defenses struggle when 2 main CBs are out......

Liverpool seem stacked there atm, but the rest of the top 6 (and below!) do.

People put too much emphasis on what foot these 3 CB play with.
There will always be times when a player is on their wrong foot unless all our players are 100% 2 footed.

Can't pass as good as Dier though, Dier's really good at picking out passes from the back.

Whilst Sanchez has improved he still looks like he's seeing a football for the first time whenever it gets near him. It's like he's trying to work out what it does and how it acts... really quite strange.

Think this meme is a bit of an overstatement tbh.... He's basic on the ball that's all.

What he's lacked more than anything here is concentration/composure and Conte seems to be having a good effect on that front.

I actually think that a Lenglet loan could work. Lenglet is a very good defender who seems to have hit a mental wall at Barcelona. A change of scenery could unlock him again. And Conte's system does a lot to cover the weaknesses in his game.

Take him on a loan if we cannot get Torres or Bremer, see if he works out and if he doesn't he goes back to Barcelona. If worst comes to show we have Davies to fall back on. And we can invest heavily in other key positions like RWB and in the attack.

I actually think that a Lenglet loan could work. Lenglet is a very good defender who seems to have hit a mental wall at Barcelona. A change of scenery could unlock him again. And Conte's system does a lot to cover the weaknesses in his game.

Take him on a loan if we cannot get Torres or Bremer, see if he works out and if he doesn't he goes back to Barcelona. If worst comes to show we have Davies to fall back on. And we can invest heavily in other key positions like RWB and in the attack.

Dropping Davies for an experiment with a loanee is a shakey bit of man management tbh.

Back
Top Bottom