Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Back end of the season Sanchez was great, and he is still developing.
Was he? He had absolutely nothing to do against Burnley or Norwich and Woolwich only offered attacking threat for 20 minutes. I remember his performances against Wolves and Southampton in those back to back defeats. He wasnt alone but he was really poor. I dont think he's pushed on at all since his first promising season with us and in a back 3 i think you need to be comfortable on the ball and he just isnt. With 2 years left on his contract its a great time to sell and hopefully upgrade with someone that can really push the first choices.

It's originally from

Alessandro Bastoni, whose agent spoke this afternoon as he left the Inter headquarters reiterating his desire to stay with the Nerazzurri, is the number one goal of the Spurs with Antonio Conte having a new proposal in mind: the idea would be that to offer 30 million euros and the card of Davinson Sanchez, Colombian central defender. An offer that does not seem to warm the management of Inter who, given the company's needs, would only like to collect cash from any sales without having to resort to the purchase of counterparts.

Is it possible we did offer them Sanchez and the Express weren't lying???:eek:

God no. Pogba MK II. Good player but well suited to Serie A, not the pace of the premier league. Dallies on the ball far too much. Maybe in a 3 with legs around him it could work but never in a 3-4-3.

Lazio have been trying to whore him out at an extortionate price for years.
Didn't seem the case when I watched, but i'll defer to your judgement.

Alessandro Bastoni, whose agent spoke this afternoon as he left the Inter headquarters reiterating his desire to stay with the Nerazzurri, is the number one goal of the Spurs with Antonio Conte having a new proposal in mind: the idea would be that to offer 30 million euros and the card of Davinson Sanchez, Colombian central defender. An offer that does not seem to warm the management of Inter who, given the company's needs, would only like to collect cash from any sales without having to resort to the purchase of counterparts.

Is it possible we did offer them Sanchez and the Express weren't lying???:eek:

Anything is possible, and to get Conte's first choice CB, it would be an option.

But if we did we'd have needed to get both Bastoni and replace Sanchez as we need another senior CB to be available in case of injury or need to rotate (especially with CL and 5 subs allowed) - and whilst Bastoni arrival would put Davies on the bench to enhance the back up options, the departure of right footed CB Sanchez would significantly reduce our back up CB options.

First game of next season I want to see:

---------------------- Lloris
----------Romero -- Dier -- Bastoni
Doherty --Zinchenko -- Kimmich -- Perisic
------- Kulusevski -- Kane -- Son

Like i said, horses head incoming👍👍

Am I missing a joke regarding Kimmich? I think this is the second time I’ve seen somebody sugest that we could get him. How?
Guessing the joke is that the entire midfield 4 can play as RWB's

I said that 2-3 pages ago.
Don't copy my ITK.

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF by The Taboo Group

Anything is possible, and to get Conte's first choice CB, it would be an option.

But if we did we'd have needed to get both Bastoni and replace Sanchez as we need another senior CB to be available in case of injury or need to rotate (especially with CL and 5 subs allowed) - and whilst Bastoni arrival would put Davies on the bench to enhance the back up options, the departure of right footed CB Sanchez would significantly reduce our back up CB options.
Sanchez out Bastoni in, Rodon out and EPL experienced defender in would be just fine.

How good is Bremer at playing the ball out from the back? that seems crucial for Conte.

we're not getting two CBs there's already Dier Romero and Davies.

Torres and Bremer would both expect to start most games and Dier's not being dropped so it's one or the other.

I think Bremer is prob the better defender, but being a ball palying LCB Torres is probably a better fit.

Back
Top Bottom