Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How good is Bremer at playing the ball out from the back? that seems crucial for Conte.

we're not getting two CBs there's already Dier Romero and Davies.

Torres and Bremer would both expect to start most games and Dier's not being dropped so it's one or the other.

I think Bremer is prob the better defender, but being a ball palying LCB Torres is probably a better fit.

Not great. Physically he's a monster & his defensive numbers are exceptional. That and he's a big threat from set pieces offensively as well. But he's not cultured at all on the ball, will keep it very simple. He's not going to be playing long balls like Dier does at all.

But seemingly not good enough to play instead of Dier.

Look at the way Dier passes out (long ball, short ball etc...) Sanchez can't do that.

Same for how Luiz played at Chelsea, almost like a playmaker at CB.
Sanchez is cover for Romero.

Cover for Dier is Rodon, and although I really want him to be good enough I don't think it is going to happen. So moving Rodon is much more likely than moving Sanchez.

I'm interested to see who the CM and Forward targets are.

it seems at the min we're looking at 6 players in

GK - Forster
LWB - Perisic
LCB - Torres, Gvardiol, Badiashile, (Bremer)
RWB - Spence, Singo, Dodo (5ft 5 BTW)

CM - Interesting here I'm hoping for McKennie or Bissouma, also liked to Eriksen, SMS, Laimer, Phillips

FWD - Who knows! tricky one, a young wide player than can also play as a 9 would be ideal but who's that? Jonathan David? Memphis Depay? I'm sure there's others here. Essentially we need a Bergwijn replacement who can play much more.

Still think its possible?
My comment was from almost two weeks ago now, certain things have changed but certain other things havent, like the need for money and our ability to either help or complicate things for them…its still very early and we’ve got 3 weeks or so before player fitness assessments and the tour to Korea.

One thing is for sure, the signings of Kulu and Bentancour should reassure all, that we will sign quality players👍👍

Not great. Physically he's a monster & his defensive numbers are exceptional. That and he's a big threat from set pieces offensively as well. But he's not cultured at all on the ball, will keep it very simple. He's not going to be playing long balls like Dier does at all.
interesting, cheers

Can we why Torres is/should be the priority. even if we have to bulk him up a bit.

It is when we are starting attacks from a central position.

nobodys perfect nbc GIF by The Good Place

We do not have perfect players in every position, much less perfect players in reserve ready to step up when other perfect player for the position is out.

There are options how to mitigate such issues - either to accept lower success rate of central CB passing; central CB passing it to LCB / RCB ; having someone from midfield to drop deep to receive the ball.

It is managers job to find solution.

nobodys perfect nbc GIF by The Good Place

We do not have perfect players in every position, much less perfect players in reserve ready to step up when other perfect player for the position is out.

There are options how to mitigate such issues - either to accept lower success rate of central CB passing; central CB passing it to LCB / RCB ; having someone from midfield to drop deep to receive the ball.

It is managers job to find solution.

He did, which is why when Dier was out he played Romero in the central position and put Sanchez on the right.

I'm interested to see who the CM and Forward targets are.

it seems at the min we're looking at 6 players in

GK - Forster
LWB - Perisic
LCB - Torres, Gvardiol, Badiashile, (Bremer)
RWB - Spence, Singo, Dodo (5ft 5 BTW)

CM - Interesting here I'm hoping for McKennie or Bissouma, also liked to Eriksen, SMS, Laimer, Phillips

FWD - Who knows! tricky one, a young wide player than can also play as a 9 would be ideal but who's that? Jonathan David? Memphis Depay? I'm sure there's others here. Essentially we need a Bergwijn replacement who can play much more.

If we talk about CM options and we go for Eriksen, I would expect two incomings then.

Like Bissouma + Eriksen.

But from the players you mentioned I would be more than happy with

GK - Forster
LWB - Perisic
LCB - Torres
RWB - Spence
CM - Bissouma and Eriksen
FWD -Jonathan David

That would be 7 players in, out of whom 3 would be free transfers.

Though if we manage to move on CCV, Rodon, Winks, Ndombelly, Lo Celso, Regulion, Bergwijn then it would be 7 out as well, while CCV, Ndombelly and Lo Celso did not play in the end of season.

That would leave us with
-----------------------Lloris(Forster)---------------
Romero(Royal)-Dier(Sanchez)-Torres(Davies)
Doherty(Spence)----------------Perisic(Sess)---
-----Bissouma(Skippy)-Bentancur(PEH)-------
--Kulu (Eriksen)--Kane(David)--Son(Moura)-

Plus we would have Tanganga, Sarr, Gil and Whiteman on the bench.

EPL HG players in the squad -
Forster; Davies; Doherty; Spence; Sessegnon; Skippy; Kane; Tanganga (8; sufficient - can register 25 players)
U21 list - Sarr, Gil

UCL club trained players - Kane, Skippy, Tanganga
UCL association trained players - Sessegnon, Spence, Forster
In total 3+3 =6 players ; we could register 23 players + if we want then B-list players such as Parrott, Sacrlett and White.

Alternatively if we decide to sell Royal/Sanchez then we would need to bring on additional defender as well.

Last edited:
He did, which is why when Dier was out he played Romero in the central position and put Sanchez on the right.

Ah yea, that is option as well. And most likely more preferrable.

But out of 3 games Dier missed in EPL in 2 of them Romero played CCB (Wolves, Soton) and in 1 Sanches filled in CCB (Leicester).

So both are viable options to some extent.

Just issue is - in those games we conceded 2-3-2 goals.

Ah yea, that is option as well. And most likely more preferrable.

But out of 3 games Dier missed in EPL in 2 of them Romero played CCB (Wolves, Soton) and in 1 Sanches filled in CCB (Leicester).

So both are viable options to some extent.

Just issue is - in those games we conceded 2-3-2 goals.
Plus after Dier went off injured v CP we conceded 3.

What The Hell Reaction GIF by Travis

Last summer everyone were jizzing their pants by mere idea of Pau Torres as CB option...
Now we have already brilliantly playing CB trio in place, our number 1 target (that no one even mentioned last summer) wants to stay in his boyhood club... and now Torres is "lump of shit" ?!? After helping his club to semifinal of CL.

That is some radioactive shit and kneejerk right here.

In what world do some people live in, I think I will never understand.

No they weren't because I wasn't a fan, bring in Ben Mee

Back
Top Bottom