Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They can't do that because the journos will steal all of their incredibly accurate information if they put it out first

Plus it would out their incredibly real insider contacts

Thats definitely why they wait until something is out there and appear to jump on it , no way are they complete blaggers ....

It quite literally pays to be 2nd......

(What a fucked up world we're creating.....)

I'm concerned that I'm not seeing Sven Botman listed in this merry-go-round. Has someone decided that he's sh*t? Because if they did, they don't know what they are talking about.
Good player, but we seem to be targeting our big spend on a left-sided cb to play wide in a three. Botman doesn't really suit the way we expect our wide CB's to play..he'd be more of an option for the central role.

Crystal Palace star Wilfried Zaha is reportedly keen on a move to Tottenham Hotspur, with the London- based club looking to strengthen their side following UEFA Champions League qualification.

Zaha has been linked with a move away from Palace in the last couple of seasons, with clubs such as Woolwich and Everton said to have kept tabs on the Ivorian’s progress

The 29-year-old has been an integral component to Palace’s attacking department throughout his career with the club and is now said to be open on the next phase of his career.

In the 2021/22 season, Zaha featured on 37 occasions for the Eagles, scoring 15 goals while recording two assists along the way.

Now though, according to Spurs insider John Wenham, it’s said that the former Manchester United winger is looking to Spurs as his next destination.

Wenham mentioned that Spurs are looking to bolster their squad after qualifying for the UEFA Champions League, particularly in attack with Zaha being a likely candidate.

“Tottenham are looking for a wide forward, someone they have tried to sign on numerous occasions before is Wilfried Zaha,” Wenham told Football Insider.

“He has one year left at Palace. He scored 14 or 15 goals every season. He might want to push to get out and play Champions League football.

“It hasn’t been spoken about yet, this is just me looking at a list of players who have one year left on their current contracts.

“I think Zaha will leave Palace this summer. He has done his time there,” Wenham concluded.
I'd take him if the price was £20-25m max. He'd be a useful squad player and helps HG quota.

Someone probably got the spelling wrong on the fax machine, K is near M on the keyboard.
Catherine Disher Wow GIF by Hallmark Channel

I'd take him if the price was £20-25m max. He'd be a useful squad player and helps HG quota.

Big fish/Small pond syndrome.

Does what he likes...... To get what they do out of him, Palace have to treat him like Ronaldo on the pitch.

Last edited:
They can't do that because the journos will steal all of their incredibly accurate information if they put it out first

Plus it would out their incredibly real insider contacts

Thats definitely why they wait until something is out there and appear to jump on it , no way are they complete blaggers ....
No, NO, NO!

You have it all wrong!

They can't release the player names because if they do then our rivals, who have teams dedicated to scouring Spurscommunity to find out our transfer business, will catch wind of who we are in talks with and jump in to steal them away, making a right mug of the ITKs...

It's not as though all of these players have agents who's very job it is to drum up interest with the aim of getting as much money out of the buying club as possible or anything...

:pocheyes:

He'd do a much better job under Conte than both Doherty (even though he was good towards the end of the season) and Emerson. His crossing and work-rate was phenomenal.
He’s a magnificent athlete but probably the most inconsistent player I’ve seen at PL level. Veers from unbeatable to laughable in minutes

Big fish/Small pond syndrome.

Does what he likes...... To get what they do out of his Palace have to treat him like Ronaldo on the pitch.
Alway think that talented players like that have a chance of flourishing with better players….. when he has Kane and Son off him he’s not gonna beat the second man and drag back, he may learn to vary his game and release the ball early (to better players). I would take him as a squad player and take a chance

No, NO, NO!

You have it all wrong!

They can't release the player names because if they do then our rivals, who have teams dedicated to scouring Spurscommunity to find out our transfer business, will catch wind of who we are in talks with and jump in to steal them away, making a right mug of the ITKs...

It's not as though all of these players have agents who's very job it is to drum up interest with the aim of getting as much money out of the buying club as possible or anything...

:pocheyes:
Thanks for the info !

Can I have your paypal details so I can chuck a tenner your way for keeping me informed

Alway think that talented players like that have a chance of flourishing with better players….. when he has Kane and Son off him he’s not gonna beat the second man and drag back, he may learn to vary his game and release the ball early (to better players). I would take him as a squad player and take a chance
Zaha should do his last year then go and do two years as a homegrown squad player at a CL club. He'll be 30 so potentially in the first team quite a lot.

The main fact against us taking him is we already have Kane, Son and potentially Eriksen of a similar age. Homegrown makes him an option though.

Zaha should do his last year then go and do two years as a homegrown squad player at a CL club. He'll be 30 so potentially in the first team quite a lot.

The main fact against us taking him is we already have Kane, Son and potentially Eriksen of a similar age. Homegrown makes him an option though.
Agree. He’s a good player. He may or not excel but far more chance of him having an impact than Berg/Lucas. I’m in as fourth choice…. He would start 30+ games all in all IMO and will win a fair few pens. Like Bale, good impact sub to beat a man (if chasing) or just keep the ball and win free kicks (if we are winning)

Agree. He’s a good player. He may or not excel but far more chance of him having an impact than Berg/Lucas. I’m in as fourth choice…. He would start 30+ games all in all IMO and will win a fair few pens. Like Bale, good impact sub to beat a man (if chasing) or just keep the ball and win free kicks (if we are winning)
He’s the one I don’t want to see in their team when we play Palace! He’s a very good player

Back
Top Bottom