Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the lad is mustard!!

Season 2 Reaction GIF by The Office

Doubt it will happen but I’m always surprised at how underrated Zaha is. He basically kept them in the league somewhat single-handedly for years, some years they had a dogshit side too. I understand the extra shit like the diving and all turns a lot of people off but when it comes to straight up ability, he’s a good player. And importantly Prem proven. Like I said, doubt it would happen purely bc Palace would ask for way too much, and it’s unlikely Conte would even want him, but if he did and we did get him we’d be a better side for it.

I just think he might be at his best being a big fish in a small pond.
it allows him more selfishness & arrogance, but also reduces the expectancy of his defensive workload.

I don't think he's under rated. Clearly a very talented lad - but would he be as effective being used in rotation where he is never the main man? Who knows. Worth a punt to find out? Sure, for under £40mil I would say so.

Everyone here is always like, "buy young, talented English players"

When we're thinking about doing that it's, "BUT HE'S NOT THE FINISHED PRODUCT!!!"
No. A bunch of people on here think we should be prioritising young English talent with resale value for the future.
While others think after 20 odd years we should be prioritising the finished product who makes an immediate improvement to our starting XI

I don't think it's the same people contradicting themselves. Just differing opinions on a football forum

AG is like a mouth piece for the club, they give him stuff when they want, he rarely gets real top notch coups or exclusives from the club, Guardian is not the type of rag to put their bollocks on the line for no reason.

Makes sense for Mboro to push this through asap, he was never gonna stay there with the Warnock/Djed relationship, im sure theyd want the money ASAP too to build their squad rather than drag it out till the end of the window when their targets may have already joined elsewhere

AG's problem is likely to be that he's always a day behind events - its just he gets briefed by Spurs on what was true last night, although a transfer may have moved on since then.

Best to wait for the announcement on OS though

CELTIC tonight confirmed they have completed the permanent signing from Cameron Carter-Vickers from Tottenham Hotspur.

United States internationalist Carter-Vickers, who has signed a four year deal with the Glasgow club, was outstanding during the 2021/22 campaign.

The 24-year-old established himself as a first team regular at Parkhead and helped Ange Postecoglou's team win the Premier Sports Cup and cinch Premiership.
Speaking to the official Celtic website, Carter-Vickers said: “I am so pleased to complete my move to Celtic and I really could not be happier.

The Celtic fans are absolutely buzzing!

That’s nice!

This is an underrated part of the academy. CCV should be viewed as a success story. Made the club money on a lot of loans and then is sold for up to 10m.

He'll have a good footballing career and the funds hopefully can be used to better the squad.

Back
Top Bottom